What Indian Railways must learn from China

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
we are more than happy with CCP guided life, not worry about us. We are live much better than you are. This week is week long national holiday, I travel from Hangzhou to beijing with our high-speed train, it only take 5 hours to cover 1500km distance, that is one of your CCP guided life, why not? how about you? how long it will take you great India junk train to cover that distance?
We like to cover that type of distance in shorter time by flying by air.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
of course i support English. read carefully, i was just following Ray's logic to ask him this question...
You are light years away from logic of any kind.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
a simple question: why do you choose English as your main language? why not get rid of it together with Western colonialism?
those who think chinese are brain-washed are totally brain washed...
i also criticize CCP Govt.
What makes you feel that English is my main language?

Just because I am fluent and you are dithering?

Silly of you to criticise the CCP.

You should not bite the hand that feeds.

After all, its is the Hukou that sustains your lifestyle and the Danwei too!

I would not say you are brainwashed. It would be closer a description to say that you all are attuned to 'conditoned relflexes' like the Pavlovian Dogs.

Here is the essence of the conditioned reflexes:

Conditioning is usually done by pairing the two stimuli, as in Pavlov's classic experiments. Pavlov presented dogs with a ringing bell (CS) followed by food (US). The food (US) elicited salivation (UR), and after repeated bell-food pairings the bell also caused the dogs to salivate (CR).

US = unconditioned stimulus
UR = unconditioned response.
CR = Conditioned response.

Last edited:

gordon

What makes you feel that English is my main language?

Just because I am fluent and you are dithering?

Silly of you to criticise the CCP.

You should not bite the hand that feeds.

After all, its is the Hukou that sustains your lifestyle and the Danwei too!

I would not say you are brainwashed. It would be closer a description to say that you all are attuned to 'conditoned relflexes' like the Pavlovian Dogs.

Here is the essence of the conditioned reflexes:

Conditioning is usually done by pairing the two stimuli, as in Pavlov's classic experiments. Pavlov presented dogs with a ringing bell (CS) followed by food (US). The food (US) elicited salivation (UR), and after repeated bell-food pairings the bell also caused the dogs to salivate (CR).

US = unconditioned stimulus
UR = unconditioned response.
CR = Conditioned response.
You have to admit many Indians believe English is more important than Hindi. Many indians are proud of that they used to be British colony. Many Indians are appreciate that the British united all nations in India while they can not realize it themseves. Many Indias are still satisfied with outdated railway system which were planned by the British. It is a shame that clever as Ray is, he is happy to be a frog in the well...

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
You have to admit many Indians believe English is more important than Hindi. Many indians are proud of that they used to be British colony. Many Indians are appreciate that the British united all nations in India while they can not realize it themseves. Many Indias are still satisfied with outdated railway system which were planned by the British. It is a shame that clever as Ray is, he is happy to be a frog in the well...
I am afraid, it is you who is the frog in the well, not I.

Your glee at not being able to understand the issues indicates your state of mind and its gaseous state of floating in an ignorant bliss.

Mao, your Great Helmsman felt that the Chinese were frogs in the well and I have appended his quote so that you are aware in the event you are a juvenile and not of his time.

The fact that you feel that Indians feel that English is more important than Hindi and the regional languages (which too are very important and has its pride of place), indicates the state of conditioned reflexes you are in to believe blindly what is being told to you by your Communist masters.

I might as well remind you that in India we take pride in our regional languages unlike China, where all semblance of non Mandarin languages has been given the short shrift, resulting there being no language other than Mandarin. Certain group like the Tibetans and Uighurs are resisting tooth and nail, however, against the imposition of the Han culture and Mandarin. But that is another story that has been flogged a lot of this very forum and need not be discussed.

Further, same applies to your fond delusion that "Many indians are proud of that they used to be British colony. Many Indians are appreciate that the British united all nations in India while they can not realize it themseves. Many Indians are still satisfied with outdated railway system which were planned by the British."

It maybe difficult for you to understand the futility of re-inventing the wheel. India has no hangups about imbibing the best of the world. Possibly, it has not dawned upon you that change for the sake of change is imbecilic, apart from being a daft way to approach issues.

I may remind you that China followed Communism, which is not a Chinese invention, but an ideology that was given to you by the Europeans and that too you took it second hand after it was used by the Russians!!! And what would be an insult to injury to any self respecting Chinese is that the same Chinese Communist and its conditioned citizens warmly grasped Capitalism, a reviled system of the Communist and of Mao, the Great Helmsman, who gave you modern China. To imagine that the Communist Chinese warmly embraced a system which was the engine for your hated enemy, the US of A!!

Today, the same country i.e. China that reviled the West and its ways, is scrambling over each other to be Western by feeling that if one ate KFC or wore jeans that would mean that they have 'arrived' and modern.

If you ask me jeans are no match to the Manchu gifted dress called cheongsam (ladies) and changshan (male).

Jeansgal here is a Chinese product and even here you use western models, as if the Chinese models are not the epitome of fashion or acceptability!

What a sense of inferiority complex! And you are attempting to hector us! :eek:

Likewise, the Southern Chinese cuisine is more welcome-able and healthier than the deep fried KFC or Macdonald products!

Last edited:

gordon

I am afraid, it is you who is the frog in the well, not I.

Your glee at not being able to understand the issues indicates your state of mind and its gaseous state of floating in an ignorant bliss.

Mao, your Great Helmsman felt that the Chinese were frogs in the well and I have appended his quote so that you are aware in the event you are a juvenile and not of his time.

The fact that you feel that Indians feel that English is more important than Hindi and the regional languages (which too are very important and has its pride of place), indicates the state of conditioned reflexes you are in to believe blindly what is being told to you by your Communist masters.

I might as well remind you that in India we take pride in our regional languages unlike China, where all semblance of non Mandarin languages has been given the short shrift, resulting there being no language other than Mandarin. Certain group like the Tibetans and Uighurs are resisting tooth and nail, however, against the imposition of the Han culture and Mandarin. But that is another story that has been flogged a lot of this very forum and need not be discussed.

Further, same applies to your fond delusion that "Many indians are proud of that they used to be British colony. Many Indians are appreciate that the British united all nations in India while they can not realize it themseves. Many Indians are still satisfied with outdated railway system which were planned by the British."

It maybe difficult for you to understand the futility of re-inventing the wheel. India has no hangups about imbibing the best of the world. Possibly, it has not dawned upon you that change for the sake of change is imbecilic, apart from being a daft way to approach issues.

I may remind you that China followed Communism, which is not a Chinese invention, but an ideology that was given to you by the Europeans and that too you took it second hand after it was used by the Russians!!! And what would be an insult to injury to any self respecting Chinese is that the same Chinese Communist and its conditioned citizens warmly grasped Capitalism, a reviled system of the Communist and of Mao, the Great Helmsman, who gave you modern China. To imagine that the Communist Chinese warmly embraced a system which was the engine for your hated enemy, the US of A!!

Today, the same country i.e. China that reviled the West and its ways, is scrambling over each other to be Western by feeling that if one ate KFC or wore jeans that would mean that they have 'arrived' and modern.

If you ask me jeans are no match to the Manchu gifted dress called cheongsam (ladies) and changshan (male).

Likewise, the Southern Chinese cuisine is more welcome-able and healthier than the deep fried KFC or Macdonald products!
the willing to accept something is not a bad thing, but there is something MUCH MORE important than this. do you know what is it???
it is the willing to change and improve the existing...
Now you come to know that why you jusk like a frog in the well now.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
the willing to accept something is not a bad thing, but there is something MUCH MORE important than this. do you know what is it???
it is the willing to change and improve the existing...
Now you come to know that why you jusk like a frog in the well now.
Typical Chinese double talk to weasel out.

True change is what evolution is all about, but while Chinese are famed for ping pong and as gymnasts, it surely does not mean that one keeps back flipping every now and then.

China had the old dynasty, which was replaced by Sun Yat Sen, and the KMT had hardly got to understand governance, when Mao and the Communist came on the scene and then Deng brought in US capitalism all within a span of a few years apart, almost like a blink of the eye when compared to the long history of China.

It indicates a fickle mind and nothing more.

By trying to cloak fickleness with contrived grandiose thoughts and words, you do come out a trifle wet behind your ears.

I guess that settles the Frog and the Well - a philosophy that seems to engine your existence.

In Hindi it would be maindak, in Punjabi it would be a Daddoo and in my language a Bang.

I am sure you would settle for Bang, since it rhymes with Wang, which I am told is a Chinese name.

Last edited:

gordon

Typical Chinese double talk to weasel out.

True change is what evolution is all about, but while Chinese are famed for ping pong and as gymnasts, it surely does not mean that one keeps back flipping every now and then.

China had the old dynasty, which was replaced by Sun Yat Sen, and the KMT had hardly got to understand governance, when Mao and the Communist came on the scene and then Deng brought in US capitalism all within a span of a few years apart, almost like a blink of the eye when compared to the long history of China.

It indicates a fickle mind and nothing more.

By trying to cloak fickleness with contrived grandiose thoughts and words, you do come out a trifle wet behind your ears.

I guess that settles the Frog and the Well - a philosophy that seems to engine your existence.

In Hindi it would be maindak, in Punjabi it would be a Daddoo and in my language a Bang.

I am sure you would settle for Bang, since it rhymes with Wang, which I am told is a Chinese name.
we are talking about what indian railway must learn from china, now you talk too much nonsense and not willing to learn anything...

cw2005

I think people should learn from each other and that is how mankind making progress. We learn from others about what they did right and learn their mistake so that to avoid them.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
we are talking about what indian railway must learn from china, now you talk too much nonsense and not willing to learn anything...
I have told you that you maybe missing the nuances of the language and hence meandering abstractly.

The environments are different.

The issues are different.

The mindsets are different.

The passenger profile are different.

The freight profile are different.

The land acquisition methods are different. In China you can write chai and get away with it, but not so in India.

Therefore, when the issue is as divergent as chalk and cheese, what is there to learn?

At best, Indians can say 'Jolly Good' to China and that is about all.

China has cleaned up their cities and built skyscrapers by just writing chai, but it just can't be done in India.

Therefore, you cannot just replicate issues and hope for the best.

I don't talk nonsense, it is merely being sagacious which is beyond the grasp of juveniles.

mikhail

Country flag
mate what is it that India should learn from chinis:rofl:?i mean if we really want to learn something we would probably follow the footsteps of the mighty U.S.(the only superpower in the world) or even Russia but why should we follow the chini model for the railways or for anything else.the only thing that we will possibly learn from you guys is the art of stealing and forgery in which you are the world's numero uno(and i don't have any doubt regarding this:pound:!).so please keep your b.s. to yourself and don't be so proud of your recent economic might as we all know that economic growth is very unstable.just look at your own country for that matter.chin was nowhere among the top ten economies in the 80s or even in the early 90s but today its the second largest economy in the world,so it means that the economic fortune of any country can change drastically over a few decades.who knows that in the next 30-40 years India won't become the largest economic power in the world!:cool2:

blank_quest

Country flag
Seriously, you cannot learn anything from the US because they have been great for so long and providing you with a good example for so long, and you still don't get it, you still do not learn it, or want to replicate it. My analysis is that you cannot replicate it. Since independance, you have not or cannot reach US state of greatness.

China has shown you an example of how a nation that started off poor and pathetic, (same as india at time of independance) can rise to greatness.

I don't think india has much of a leg to stand on in terms of intellectual property when you won't pay for all those expensive drugs that took western pharma firms billions of dollars to produce. BILLIONS. no point crying foul over a copy of some small patented widget when you are ripping of BILLIONS.

If I were india, I would start stealing western waste disposal & waste treatment technology and fast. That my friends is the priority. Do that and there won't be any need to rely heavily on copies of wonder drugs to get better.
First learn to PREDICT the Share Market for the NEXT DAY! Talk of India later. India as you see in your head is NOT as easily PREDICTABLE.

Defenceindia2010

Country flag
Prefer to learn from the Germans and Japanese because they helped the Chinese Railways to become what it is today. The technology and the know how comes from the best and they should be the source of learning. The bullet trains and the Maglav are two examples.

winton

@kunal Why would I need a source to back up what I just said which was trivial? How come you don't ask everyone here every post to back up their claim with a source.

Seems like you cannot handle the truth Kunal. can't argue with the truth. so you hide it.

Face it.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
That is because i live here, And we have a fine thread here on Indian Railways where you can educate yourself properly..

The other here just tolerating you, And i have nothing to ask from them, So go and get proper education before brain farting on Subject you dont have a clue..

Get proper eduction to be at levels to have conversation on first place..

Rest is up to you..

-----------

On further notice, If i see you claiming something which you dont have any source to back, I will delete it..

@kunal Why would I need a source to back up what I just said which was trivial? How come you don't ask everyone here every post to back up their claim with a source.

Seems like you cannot handle the truth Kunal. can't argue with the truth. so you hide it.

Face it.

winton

That is because i live here, And we have a fine thread here on Indian Railways where you can educate yourself properly..

The other here just tolerating you, And i have nothing to ask from them, So go and get proper education before brain farting on Subject you dont have a clue..

Get proper eduction to be at levels to have conversation on first place..

Rest is up to you..

-----------

On further notice, If i see you claiming something which you dont have any source to back, I will delete it..
thats fine with me, but make sure you apply your powers fairly and not indiscriminately.

eg. When someone claims that a railway is clean and efficient. you should delete that post too if it did not come with a source.

You shouldn't be deleting post just because it is negative.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Actually, China must have made great progress in the railway system and the rakes and engine manufacture, to include Hi Speed trains.

However, I am apprehensive about Chinese expertise given that Chinese engines have not met the bill in Pakistan. And surprisingly, they want Indian engines, when China claims that others have much to learn from them. And Pakistan is an all weather friend of China. If they reject the Chinese engines, then it means something is seriously amiss.

Reports from Pakistani media:

Pakistan Railways crisis

Pakistan Railways purchased 69 completely built locomotive units from China under 2003 agreement. These are about 37% cheaper than the European locomotives but considered to be faulty. It is stated that 32 of these have already been scraped. Dong Fang Electric Corporation has been severely criticized for producing low quality locomotives.....

Pakistan Railways crisis
Bhel offers to supply diesel locomotives to Pakistan

India's state-owned Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (Bhel) has offered to supply 100 diesel locomotives to Pakistan as part of a plan to modernise the country's rail infrastructure, livemint.com – the online edition of Indian newspaper Mint – has reported.
If the public sector unit clinches the deal, it will be the first such order for an Indian manufacturer.
The proposed deal, valued at around Rs10 billion, comes against the backdrop of newfound affability between the two countries. Ties have picked up since last year and there has been a marked improvement in economic cooperation.
"China had earlier supplied around 1,000 locomotives to Pakistan, of which 800 have developed defects. Their railway network is down," said a senior Bhel executive, requesting anonymity. "We made an independent offer of 100 locomotives to a Pakistani delegation which had come visiting recently. We are now working with their Ministry of Railways for the order to fructify. Once this happens, we may get more orders given the huge demand," he said.
Rites Limited, an Indian Railways subsidiary, had earlier made a proposal to Pakistan to help improve its rail infrastructure.

Bhel offers to supply diesel locomotives to Pakistan – The Express Tribune
With all due respect to the Chinese, I think India would do well from the pains of Pakistan Railways than from the Chinese Railway.

It is a known fact that bad news does not find place in the Chinese media.

After all the Chinese media is hou she meaning ' the throat and tongue of the Govt and bad news is no news in China.

Like the manner that even though the world knew of the SARS epidemic in China, it was kept a secret from the Chinese people till it was exposed by Jaing Yanyong, a Communist Party member and a veteran of the PLA and an internationally renowned surgeon. (Time Magazine website 8 April 2003).

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
There is nothing being Negative and criticism, In this case you miss understood your position..

Criticism backed with knowledge is appreciable, Not the other way..

mikhail

Country flag

Face it.
hey mate before talking senselessly with a senior member like kunal sir you should provide some source to back your utter b.s. claims:tsk:i,for once know that you can't provide any source because the fact is that you don't have a reliable source to back your claims.and please from next time onwards try to show your real flag which i think is red in colour with some stars in it:laugh:!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles