What if the land mass was still one super continent?

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag

Was watching a program on the Earths history and how the land mass was once a large super continent called the Pangea.

What if the earth was like that today?

prahladh

Respected Member
There would still be partitions, reservations, corruption, wars, egoistic maniacs.

Soham

DFI TEAM
Country flag
Many things. Many naval super powers would not have been superpowers(Britain), as no navy can control such a huge landmass.

WW2 would have devastated the world, and Soviet and American nukes would have made the human race extinct.

If the above didn't happen, then the world would probably be what it is today with different ideas of economics, warfare and governance.

P.S. Maybe the dinosaurs would never have allowed the mammals to dominate. :D

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
I was inclined to think that navies would have lesser say, but then thinking again i realised that in the mad rush for oil and such a vast region of water to cover, all those blessed with a coastline would develop very sophisticated navies as it is today and infact more so that they could secure those spots having vast oil and gas reserves. Also there would have been lots of wars waged by land locked countries to gain access to the sea.

One thing is for sure, it would have made one heck of a world.

Soham

DFI TEAM
Country flag
I was inclined to think that navies would have lesser say, but then thinking again i realised that in the mad rush for oil and such a vast region of water to cover, all those blessed with a coastline would develop very sophisticated navies as it is today and infact more so that they could secure those spots having vast oil and gas reserves. Also there would have been lots of wars waged by land locked countries to gain access to the sea.

One thing is for sure, it would have made one heck of a world.
I'm inclined to think that it would have been a world of alliances. No navy can dominate such a vast ocean.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Well the ocean is still large and dominated by the US. And there are alliances too.

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
The japanese ninjas would have taken over the world with a mix of manga, electronics and good old fashioned japanese wierdness, godzilla would be god. we would all be eating whale sushi while watching endless reruns of the emperor prctising his swordplay:D

P.S did i mention these would be nazi,mongol japanese who trced their ancestry to alexander and ghengis khan and loved schoolgirls:D

deltacamelately

Professional
Some quick thoughts going by India's positioning.

1. We would probably be one of the biggest oil producers.
2. India migth have gone to war with Australia if our boys were getting bashed.
3. Instead of the US Army, the US Navy might be fighting against Taliban/AQ.
4. We would have ladies clad in sweem suits in the beaches of North India instead of furcoats.
5. Penguin in place of Peacock would have been our National Bird.
6. It would be impossible to find even a single flat nose in our country.
7. China would have found it real impossible to arm & support ULFA.
8. And finally...bye bye Pakistan/Bangladesh.:D

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles