What if the American decline never happens?

Discussion in 'Americas' started by bengalraider, Oct 1, 2011.

1. Ancient Indian

Ancient Indian p = np :) Senior Member

Let me guess.......
    USSSSSSSSSSRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

2. Razor

Razor STABLE GENIUS Moderator

A bargain to increase the demand of the dollar, in the international arena.

3. Ancient Indian

Ancient Indian p = np :) Senior Member

My own analogy of coldwar....
    Some body building competition happened. Both guys flexed muscles.
    Uncle used steroids for quick win. He won that event. Now licking the side effects.

Jay Patel and Razor like this.
  4. Razor

Razor STABLE GENIUS Moderator

:lol: :lol:

Good one.

5. FactsPlease

FactsPlease Regular Member

While I like your post, what I learned from school is: money represent the commitment that you can count on to exchange (get) some resource or service. In that definition, the total money supply country can "create" (print) supposed to equal to the aggregate that you & everyone's confidence on that government, and the extent it will use its aggregate power, to "exercise" that commitment (in which sense, QE indeed is the last straw of FED to use). Must say US government, no matter how blamed and criticized, still possess a huge power - from technology advancement, finance control (global banking system), soft power, to natural resources. In the mean time, you also have to consider the exchange rate and its effect on your (& global) trading. I'm NOT saying it won't have such as 2008 disaster, which it did. I'm just saying that petro-dollar really the main force to push US$ down? Isn't that (commitment & confidence) why China is betting on its foreign reserve on it - till today still 80% more? People on this thread did mention it's a power tool for China government, which I hold strong doubt - first China still need something to "preserve" the value of their economic result and second China had NEVER try to threat using it, not even a single intention in critical occasion...

Last edited: Sep 13, 2016
  6. Params7

Params7 Regular Member

Whoever is looking towards an American decline should delay their expectations indefinitely :biggrin2: Its not going to happen under Trump.

7. no smoking

no smoking Senior Member Senior Member

The fact that Trump (not Clinton) is living in the white house tells you that American decline is happening. May not be the way believed by most people, but she is declining RELATIVELY. The core of Trump policy is: we (Americans) can't afford our empire alone anymore, so those who benefit from our empire must pay it from now on, otherwise we will leave you to deal with Russian, Chinese, etc alone.

8. asianobserve

asianobserve Elite Member Elite Member

Trump is a bumbling idi0t who wittingly or unwittingly due to his megalomania and the similar idi0cy of a lot of Americans has allowed Russia to use him as their most potent virus into the American system. Now America is really in decline (under Trump). Can the Americans reverse course? I still have faith in their collective ability to do the right thing that matters (after a lot of wrongs). But they will have to pull themselves from a very deep sh1thole dug up by Trump and the American Trumptards.

Tactical Frog likes this.
  9. Rahul Prakash

Rahul Prakash Regular Member

Americans don't owe anything to anybody.

The whole point of empire is to benefit your own country and your own people.it is business and must be run for profit.

Americans have realised that we have utilized them more than they have us and want to pull out in those deals as they should.

10. no smoking

no smoking Senior Member Senior Member

It has nothing to do with American collective ability to the right thing or wrong thing. It is happening simply because American has been overstretching their capabilities.

11. prohumanity

prohumanity Senior Member Senior Member

American decline theory is overblown out of proportion as some part of media want to sensationalize this type of fake news to gain viewership and keep people curious.
    As of today, USA is a very solid and strong nation...with 25 trillion dollar economy (25% of entire world's economy)
    Military is second to none in the world. US foreign policy is changing and making smarter moves such as making alliance with rising nations like India. The quad nations (USA-Japan-India -Australia ) along with ASEAN 10 can be a formidable trade block with huge upward economic momentum in the region. Russia will slowly come closer too.
    Leader of India, Modi is visionary and very very patriotic and if he is comfortable with alliance with USA, I think its certainly the right move.

Bottomline...America will not decline at least in our lifetime as this nation knows how to identify problems and make corrections . (Please don't believe fake news media.)

I have been hearing and reading books about decline of America for last 20 years..did it happen ? NO.
    These type of books sold very well and authors made money because it has a shock value to readers.
    China's decline is more likely in near term, IMO.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
    Params7 likes this.
  12. Tactical Frog

Tactical Frog Senior Member Senior Member

Trump’s days in White House are numbered. Decline may start sooner than you expect if Trump is the one supposed to prevent it. Check Twitter.

#BREAKING Ex-Trump aide Flynn pleads guilty to lying about Russia links
    #UPDATE "Very senior" Trump transition official directed Flynn's Russia contacts, according to plea deal

13. asianobserve

asianobserve Elite Member Elite Member

Oil World Turns Upside Down as U.S. Sells Oil in Middle East

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...-middle-east-in-latest-sign-of-shale-s-spread