What if the American decline never happens?

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Decline is a very simple word to define the future of Amercia.
The US economy is expected to struggle with the new realities of debt and first signs of dropping vital signs of social health.
But the work ethic and political strength of US still stays the same and their accumulated technological lead would help them retain a lot of juice.
We have seen how the Russians have leveraged their edge in heavy military hardware technology to the best even decades after the USSR show was called off.
They will lose global influence to China in some areas, but would nevertheless be able to protect their core interests.
Another factor in play is called the "Western Civilization". I believe that unlike the powers in east such as China, India, Russia; the Americans won't find themselves culturally and morally alone even on a rainy day.

Regards,
Virendra
Russia is a country of aging population and no surge in young population.
So is China.
who will contribute to their production lines and huge Armies?
USA will remain a country of pupulation below 50 in large numbers till about 2050.

They will sustain their economy, production and sufficient young ones to fill their military machines.

Damian

USA have a ace in the hole, it is called natural resources, this will help them.

As for other issues like health, the problem is not in goverment or economy, the problem is that as I said, people have wrong examples to follow. Look what mass media promotes, same goes for education, Milton Friedman talked alot about it, that there is too much goverment control in education not parents control.

I know this perfectly from my own country, where teachers and bureaucrats responsible for education just ignore your strong and weak points and instead of enouraging you to educate further, you are efficently regressed by them.

Contrary to many people I knew from my early years of education I had that luck I was more determinated to follow my passion and connect it with my education.

But the fact is that Europe have much bigger problems than USA in many aspects.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Hahahaha! And this is your academic analysis on American decline under Obama? This rambling piece of semi-intellectual opinion is anything but expected coming from Fox News pocket contributors. BTW, have you read the following article? This is even better. Go help yourself, I have attached it here -

Limbaugh on Market Collapse: Obama Engineering the Decline of America

:pound::pound::pound:
You reject anything connected to Fox, but ABCBBCCBSCNNMSNBC is totally in Obama's pocket.

And, even I would not quote Limbaugh on anything.

W.G.Ewald

Professional

I know how character building is to you, bashing Obama endlessly by even the dumbest repeated lies...

I did not say racism... Maybe you're guilty that's why you can make it out from looking at the clouds... :rolleyes:
Using YouTube as an argument on the subject is puerile.

Last edited by a moderator:

W.G.Ewald

Professional
You don't have to quote him since your views are a spitting image of his...
You are a broken record.

What do you know about Limbaugh - - do you listen to him?

Millions of Americans object to Obama's policies. Are they all a "spitting image" of Limbaugh?

Put away your smearing broad brush and argue like a man. Use facts, not slander and lies. If you can.

average american

I agree that America is going to decline in economic terms,,,, The U.S. represents 4.5% of global population but nearly 30% of its total GDP,, I agree that is not sustainable. I am hopeful that the entire World GDP will increase rather then the USA loseing its percapita GDP. but I expect it to lose some or grow slowly.

When US per person GDP is 48,000 and India is 3300,, I dont begrudge loseing a little to make Indians a little better off.
There are countries that are better off then the USA, but they are small and enjoy special circumstances.

List of countries by GDP (PPP) per person employed - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

China economic policys is considered Autarky, look it up.

Last edited:

Damian

I agree that America is going to decline in economic terms,,,, The U.S. represents 4.5% of global population but nearly 30% of its total GDP,, I agree that is not sustainable. I am hopeful that the entire World GDP will increase rather then the USA loseing its percapita GDP. but I expect it to lose some or grow slowly.

When US per person GDP is 48,000 and India is 3300,, I dont begrudge loseing a little to make Indians a little better off.
There are countries that are better off then the USA, but they are small and enjoy special circumstances.

List of countries by GDP (PPP) per person employed - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Instead worring about others you should shut up and work over the betterment of your country anyway you can. Other do not need help from anyone, they will improve in their own pace and with their own methods, so should do USA.

Unless of course, you preffer to share your own money, home, car an wife with me. :troll:

average american

Instead worring about others you should shut up and work over the betterment of your country anyway you can. Other do not need help from anyone, they will improve in their own pace and with their own methods, so should do USA.

Unless of course, you preffer to share your own money, home, car an wife with me. :troll:
I notice every time you lose an argument you resort to insults and personal attacks.

Damian

I notice every time you lose an argument you resort to insults and personal attacks.
Well, not me loose an argument, and calling you stupid is just noticing a fact, yes you are stupid, because you do not understand reality.

Besides this, I am far from this idiotic politicall correctness so weak minds will not be offended and they will fill bad because I am not nice.

BTW I made this silly test, nothing scientific there, but funny definetely. :D

Uuuuuu I am so "rascist"! Little to no automatic preferences, deal with it. :bplease:

Now who is more rascist and prejudiced? Me or average american? Everyone can answer to this question on their own.

Last edited:

hello_10

Tihar Jail
Banned

if we have a look on the news as below, I don't know what else means for decline of a nation??? :toilet:

=> 1st, number of Militia's has jumped from hardly 149 in 2008 to 1,274 by last year, (check the vedio as below). since financial crisis even if US has borrowed over $7.2 trillions extra debt since early 2008 to maintain Welfare for its civilians, while the US's economy grew by around 2.4% only, as compare to the late 2007)

U.S. National Debt Clock : Real Time to date at around $16.55 trillions debt right now

U.S. National Debt Clock 2008 debt level at $9.35 trillions by early 2008

2nd, total number of deaths in US due to guns, the mostly armed country of world with having 90 guns per 100 civilian population is now at well over 30,000+ :usa:

U.S. most armed country with 90 guns per 100 people | Reuters

Thousands march against gun violence in Washington
Jan 26, 2013

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Thousands of marchers rallied in Washington in favour of gun control on Saturday, including residents of Newtown, Connecticut, where a mass elementary school shooting reignited the U.S. gun violence debate.

Speakers - including Education Secretary Arne Duncan, lawmakers and actors - urged the protesters carrying such signs as "What Would Jesus Pack?" to lobby Congress and state legislators to back gun control measures.

Duncan, who said one student had died from guns every two weeks while he was chief executive of Chicago's public schools, denied that gun control was about limiting firearm rights guaranteed by the U.S. Constitution. Murders in that city last year rose to the highest level since 2008, according to police.

"This is about gun responsibility. This is about gun safety. This is about fewer dead Americans, fewer dead children, fewer children living in fear," Duncan said.

Organizers backed President Barack Obama's call for a ban on military-style assault weapons and high-capacity ammunition magazines and background checks for all gun sales. They also urged safety training for all buyers of firearms.

Marchers stretched for several blocks along Constitution Avenue as they approached the rally site in the shadow of the Washington Monument.

Participants included politicians from Maryland and the District of Columbia, including Washington Mayor Vincent Gray, as well as actress Kathleen Turner and Marian Wright Edelman, founder of the Children's Defense Fund.

90-MINUTE RALLY

The protest came a week after gun rights supporters held rallies across the United States to oppose firearms control.

The 90-minute rally was organized by Molly Smith, artistic director of Washington's Arena Stage, and her partner, and co-sponsored by One Million Moms for Gun Control, an advocacy group.

One Million Moms organized similar events on Saturday in about a dozen cities, including San Francisco and Austin, Texas.

About 100 residents of Newtown and surrounding areas attended the rally and march down Constitution Avenue. A gunman killed 20 first-graders and six adults on December 14 at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, and numerous speakers and marchers said that rampage had spurred them to act.

"It's difficult to get laws changed when politicians are bought out, but we have to start somewhere," said Amy Journo, 38, an occupational therapist whose two sons, ages 5 and 7, attended Sandy Hook.

"I want to ensure that they (children) are safer, not just my children but all across the United States," Journo said.

A spokesman for the U.S. Capitol Police declined to give an estimate of crowd size, citing department policy.

Obama's proposals, the most significant attempt at gun-control in decades, face an uphill battle in Congress. The proposals are strongly opposed by gun advocates, such as the powerful National Rifle Association.

The lobbying group has said that current laws need better enforcement, issues of mental health should be addressed and that tighter laws could not have prevented Newtown.

About 11,100 Americans died in gun-related killings in 2011, according to preliminary data from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. There were 19,766 suicides by firearms in 2011, the CDC said. :usa:

Thousands march against gun violence in Washington - Yahoo! News UK

=> 3rd, this serious jump of gun related crimes, along with high borrowing, has pushed US's citizens have more guns, including providing gun training to teenagers also :tsk:

US gun manufacturers are aggressively courting underage customers in a bid to revitalize the ageing customer base. The industry spends millions on setting up competitions, publishing magazines and releasing games aimed at children as young as ten.

'Take me shooting, Dad!': US gun makers target pre-teens as clients — RT

Last edited by a moderator:

hello_10

Tihar Jail
Banned
=> http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/americas/47284-us-tips-global-power-scales-fracking.html

with the above news, I too was expecting more news from US in this regard, like one more news as below. we hope soon US will emerge as the biggest challenger of it's Arab friends in the field of energy export......

but the question is still the same, even the total export value of Saudi Arabia is around $350billion which could keep its hardly 30mil population on the range of $25,000 per capita income on PPP. then how will US feed its 330mil population by just oil/gas export???? lets see......... anyway, we hope to see US as an alternative of OPEC for oil/gas supply in future :thumb:

Measured in dollars, the nation is on pace this year to ship more gasoline, diesel, and jet fuel than any other single export, according to U.S. Census data going back to 1990. It will also be the first year in more than 60 that America has been a net exporter of these fuels. :thumb:

Just how big of a shift is this? A decade ago, fuel wasn't even among the top 25 exports. And for the last five years, America's top export was aircraft. :tsk:

Gas, other fuels are top U.S. export – USATODAY.com

=> and as per this topic of this thread, I would clearly say that US is mainly suffered with that "uncivilized" population which needs social security+Medical Security at the cost of at least $1.5 trillions per year as below and for that US needs to borrow at least $1.2 trillions every year, or, sell oil/gas like Saudi Arabia which receives hardly $350billions as the highest oil/gas exporter....... while India, China have that cultural background which may keep their people civilized enough, among the least crime rate of the world, even if their people don't receive any type of social security+ free medical etc......:wave:

U.S. National Debt Clock : Real Time

a nation is made by its people and when a nation falls, first we see its people on the fall and this is what the US has become like. the most competent people of the world have been migrating there to help them have high techs, the technologies which they are still using, but I dont think this trend may continue as it is as the US born shiits population can't be supported by the taxes of migrants anymore...:toilet:
The incarceration rate in the United States of America is the highest in the world. As of 2009, the incarceration rate was 743 per 100,000 of national population (0.743%).[2] In comparison, Russia had the second highest, at 577 per 100,000, Canada was 123rd in the world as 117 per 100,000, and China had 120 per 100,000.[2]
While Americans represent about 5 percent of the world's population, nearly one-quarter of the entire world's inmates have been incarcerated in the United States in recent years.[3] Imprisonment of America's 2.3 million prisoners, costing $24,000 per inmate per year, and $5.1 billion in new prison construction, consumes $60.3 billion in budget expenditures. :toilet:

The United States has less than 5% of the world's population[7] and 23% of the world's prison population.[8] :usa:

According to a US Department of Justice report published in 2006, over 7.2 million people were at that time in prison, on probation, or on parole (released from prison with restrictions). That means roughly 1 in every 32 Americans are held by the justice system.

United States incarceration rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:

average american

=> http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/americas/47284-us-tips-global-power-scales-fracking.html

with the above news, I too was expecting more news from US in this regard, like one more news as below. we hope soon US will emerge as the biggest challenger of it's Arab friends in the field of energy export......

but the question is still the same, even the total export value of Saudi Arabia is around $350billion which could keep its hardly 30mil population on the range of $25,000 per capita income on PPP. then how will US feed its 330mil population by just oil/gas export???? lets see......... anyway, we hope to see US as an alternative of OPEC for oil/gas supply in future :thumb:

=> and as per this topic of this thread, I would clearly say that US is mainly suffered with that "uncivilized" population which needs social security+Medical Security at the cost of at least $1.5 trillions per year as below and for that US needs to borrow at least $1.2 trillions every year, or, sell oil/gas like Saudi Arabia which receives hardly $350billions as the highest oil/gas exporter....... while India, China have that cultural background which may keep their people civilized enough, among the least crime rate of the world, even if their people don't receive any type of social security+ free medical etc......:wave:

U.S. National Debt Clock : Real Time

a nation is made by its people and when a nation falls, first we see its people on the fall and this is what the US has become like. the most competent people of the world have been migrating there to help them have high techs, the technologies which they are still using, but I dont think this trend may continue as it is as the US born shiits population can't be supported by the taxes of migrants anymore...:toilet:
We dont need oil exports to feed american and half the rest of the world now,, why should we in the future?

average american

THE ECONOMY OF THE USA.

Throughout this article, the unqualified term "dollar" and the $ symbol refer to the US dollar.
The economy of the United States is the world's largest national economy and the world's second largest overall economy, the GDP of the EU being approximately $2 trillion larger. Its nominal GDP was estimated to be $15.7 trillion in 2012 ,[1] approximately a quarter of nominal global GDP.[2] Its GDP at purchasing power parity is the largest in the world, approximately a fifth of global GDP at purchasing power parity.[2] The U.S. is one of the world's wealthiest nations, with abundant natural resources, a well-developed infrastructure, and high productivity.[21] It has the world's sixth-highest per capita GDP (PPP).[2] The U.S. is the world's third-largest producer of oil and second-largest producer of natural gas. It is the largest trading nation in the world. Its four largest export trading partners are as of 2011: Canada, China, Mexico and Japan.

The United States has a mixed economy[22][23] and has maintained a stable overall GDP growth rate, a moderate unemployment rate, and high levels of research and capital investment. It has been the world's largest national economy (not including colonial empires) since at least the 1890s.[24] As of 2010, the country remains the world's largest manufacturer, representing a fifth of the global manufacturing output.[25] Of the world's 500 largest companies, 133 are headquartered in the United States. This is twice the total of any other country.[26] The labor market in the United States has attracted immigrants from all over the world and its net migration rate is among the highest in the world. The U.S. is one of the top-performing economies in studies such as the Ease of Doing Business Index, the Global Competitiveness Report,[27] and others. The United States is ranked first globally in the IT industry competitiveness index.[28]

About 60% of the global currency reserves have been invested in the United States dollar, while 24% have been invested in the euro. The country is one of the world's largest and most influential financial markets. The New York Stock Exchange (formally known as NYSE Euronext) is the world's largest stock exchange by market capitalization.[29] Foreign investments made in the United States total almost $2.4 trillion, which is more than twice that of any other country.[30] American investments in foreign countries total over $3.3 trillion, which is almost twice that of any other country.[31] Total public and private debt was $50.2 trillion at the end of the first quarter of 2010, or 3.5 times GDP.[32] In October 2012, the proportion of public debt was about 1.0043 times the GDP.[13] Domestic financial assets totaled $131 trillion and domestic financial liabilities totaled $106 trillion.[33] As of 2010, the European Union as a whole was the largest trading partner of the U.S., whereas Canada, China, and Mexico were the largest individual trading nations.

The US economy is orderly reviewed with comprehensive economic data analysis by the Beige Book[34] of the Federal Reserve System,[35] the Bureau of Economic Analysis of the Department of Commerce,[36][37] the Bureau of Labor Statistics[38] of the United States Department of Labor and economic indicators[39] of the United States Census.

Remember all this is with a population of 1/4 of that of China and India and 200 million less then the EU

spikey360

Crusader
Country flag
USA just a shadow of its past. Just like the Soviet Union, it is on the verge of collapse. Only a matter of time before a Gorbachev comes along. Oh wait, one already has. :troll:

Last edited:

Damian

Can someone shoot this troll hello_10 in face with a 5,56mm? Seriously!

USA just a shadow of its past. Just like the Soviet Union, it is on the verge of collapse. Only a matter of time before a Gorbachev comes along. Oh wait, one already has.
Oh comeone, I am calm about USA's future, they are still capitalist state, they are in far better condition than Soviet Union was + there are militias which are so scary for this troll who claims he live in a state that does not exist, that will be hunting for left wingers if nececary. :D

And seriously, Obama have only 4 more years, then he will leave and someone hopefully smarter will come.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles