What happens to traitors?

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
What happens to people who are charged an convicted with high treason in Inda?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Nothing in India!

But why this question?

What happened that cause this question?

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
What happens to people who are charged an convicted with high treason in Inda?

Nice question; here're some people who were labeled the same just before our independence by this same government (only to cleverly change tone later:

These types have been "traitors" in our country.... while:

and

are heros.

So judge who's a traitor in our system.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Political traitors are Geelani, Arundhati Roy, Prashant Bhushan. Nothing happens to them. They are considered as intellectuals in this country.

Traitors in armed forces are processed to appropriate life sentence by army courts or they end up as a sacrifice to enemy troops.

Traitors in homeland security services or MoD administrative branch are used as bait to extract enemy plans and to foil possible casualties. Other times they are kept under house arrest or Intelligence agencies forward their arrest to immediate nodal enforcement service.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
What happens to people who are charged an convicted with high treason in India?
Maybe I'm just a romantic, but the old ways seem best to me.

Hanged, drawn and quartered - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

To be hanged, drawn and quartered was from 1351 a penalty in England for men convicted of high treason, although the ritual was first recorded during the reigns of King Henry III (1216–1272) and his successor, Edward I (1272–1307). Convicts were fastened to a hurdle, or wooden panel, and drawn by horse to the place of execution, where they were hanged (almost to the point of death), emasculated, disembowelled, beheaded and quartered (chopped into four pieces). Their remains were often displayed in prominent places across the country, such as London Bridge. For reasons of public decency, women convicted of high treason were instead burnt at the stake.

Blackwater

Nothing.....They are treated as "Guest" and VVIP's in Jail's with first class treatment :hail:
Shut up his holliness says" he is Arjun singh a sikh with saffron band he is indian"

his holliness himself

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
What happened that cause this question?
I recently got access to some document then suggest in us if NSA / CIA arrest someone covertly then you may be executed or spend rest of life in some military stockade. If FBI catches you may get public trial. If you are a foreign spy like Anna Chapman you get exchanged.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles