What happened in Libya? Viewer discretion is advised

kickok1975

That's punishment for those who against him, bomb them into half!

kickok1975

Where this part of world is heading to?

Last edited:

ashdoc

Country flag
i feel most muslim nations need a strong leader like gaddafi .

for example , many people celebrated the fall of the shah of iran , but is the mullah regime in iran any better ??

the fall of saddam was celebrated by many , but it led only to chaos .

in fact , a strong leader in a muslim nation needs to be violent to prevent the even-more-violent ( like lunatic fundamentalists )from taking over .

egypts mubarak was a dictator , but at least he was sane enough to keep the peace in the neighbourhood .

we will have to see whether those who eventually replace him are sane enough .

replacing these leaders will be jumping from the frying pan into the fire......

even the al-saud dynasty of saudi arabia is a regime that perpetuates tyranny , but trying to replace it will bring uncertainity to the worlds supply of oil .

' better the devil you know than the devil you dont '

Last edited:

captonjohn

Country flag

for example , many people celebrated the fall of the shah of iran , but is the mullah regime in iran any better ??

in fact , a strong leader in a muslim nation needs to be violent to prevent the even-more-violent ( like lunatic fundamentalists )from taking over .

egypts mubarak was a dictator , but at least he was sane enough to keep the peace in the neighbourhood .

even the al-saud dynasty of saudi arabia is a regime that perpetuates tyranny , but trying to replace it will bring uncertainity to the worlds supply of oil .

I think you don't have your family in Lebiya and nobody from your family has been bombed by Gaddafi's airforce otherwise you won't say like this. Whatever reason you give but you can not justify a ruler gaddafi similar like Hitler who loudly says that people for him is just ants, termites and cockroches and he'll kill them like this. If only dictator can come development then can you please tell me why whole world supporting democracy and nations with democracy is developing faster than anybody else? Don't give example of china because of its GDP as I'm talking about complete development and independence. Gaddafi has been leader since 41 years and the public of Lebiya don't have choice other than that they throw such a cruel leader who consider people nothing more than cockroches and termites. At least in democracy you can choose your government and each government has fear about that. Mubarak was a dictator but tell me how he maintained peace with his neighbor? Egypt has already seen the outcome of war with Israel and because Mubarak has maintained peace with neighbors it doesn't mean he has given good governance to his people. Tell me what development has been done in education, industrialization, general living standard etc. in Egypt since mubarak has come in power?

Man you are not talking about interest of public who is protesting against dictatorship, injustice, worst governance but you are talking about your interest that if these nation got democracy and developed enough then they will sell oil in their own terms to develop their nation.

captonjohn

Country flag
Any devil is not better at all wether you know him or not. There is only one solution to all devil is that kick them out of country which the public of these nations doing itself. A devils replacement would be only a honest and a good human otherwise he'll also be replaced until they don't get right person to govern.

Phenom

Seems like Libya is slowing slipping away from Gaddafi. There are reports that the third largest city is now under the control of protesters

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-12564104

One thing I am really interested to know is, who these protesters are and how did they manage to defeat the Libyan army garrisons in several cities.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!

you have a simplistic and naive view of the world.

the reason why the mullah regime is in iran is because of yank meddling!

the cia overthrew the democratic govt and installed the puppet shah to do there bidding because govt was nationalizing the oil companies that were in the hands of western countries. and the shah was no saint either so people were desperate to get rid of him and in desperate times the clerics rise there head and use religion as a rallying point against a tyrant and in turn become like him afterwards.

note: the democratic govt was secular and the iranian society was modern.

Blackwater

Zardari is ur president atleast he is running your country. why u need to change him, He is good for U.S,E.U, India and ur failed state i mean he is trying lot to take ur country from failed state to ???

ashdoc

Country flag
Man you are not talking about interest of public who is protesting against dictatorship, injustice, worst governance but you are talking about your interest that if these nation got democracy and developed enough then they will sell oil in their own terms to develop their nation.
If these nations get democracy , their will elect some lunatic fundamentalist who will unleash mayhem .

In Algeria in the early nineties , the people voted for a super-fundamentalist govt , and the generals had to step in to stop the lunatics from getting power , which unleashed a full-scale civil war leaving hundreds of thousands dead

pmaitra

I beg to differ.

One example would be Turkey. They are living normally. They have democracy and elections. Yes they have separatism from some Kurds. Still, I won't say Turkey is in uncertainty and definitely not in tyranny.

There are so many countries in Central Asia that were part of the USSR. They have Muslim majority as well. Yes, they have had some riots or rebellion (Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan). Still, I won't say they are living in uncertainty and definitely not in tyranny.

A ruler can be benevolent, kind, understanding, etc., to live in the hearts of the people. It depends upon the leader, whether a monarch, dictator or elected ruler.

Said that, if you really believe in what you said, I'd be interested to know your side of the argument as well.

captonjohn

Country flag
If these nations get democracy , their will elect some lunatic fundamentalist who will unleash mayhem .

In Algeria in the early nineties , the people voted for a super-fundamentalist govt , and the generals had to step in to stop the lunatics from getting power , which unleashed a full-scale civil war leaving hundreds of thousands dead
So what? they shouldn't give right to choose their leader? This reason can't justify their right to choose their leader and if they can't decide their leader then who'll decide who is better or who is not? If people are choosing a conservative person their leader just because they also have conservative thinking that doesn't mean all conservative people are worse leader. They choose anybody but the motive to choose any leader is same that is development of nation and themselves. I'm talking about democracy, if a government fails then election can be scheduled any time and government can be thrown by public so no need for any general to come out and help public.

Democracy is hundred times better than any system because you have one right at least that is right to choose.

ashdoc

Country flag
There are so many countries in Central Asia that were part of the USSR. They have Muslim majority as well. Yes, they have had some riots or rebellion (Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan). Still, I won't say they are living in uncertainty and definitely not in tyranny.

these countries of central asia mostly have a ' strong leader '--an euphemism for dictator .

for example uzbekistan is ruled by islam karimov--a dictator .

and only these dictators can keep the fundamentalists at bay --otherwise you will have the taliban opening branch offices all over central asia .

ashdoc

Country flag
conservative
in these countries conservative is another word for fundamentalist . its not like the british conservatives .

and its been proven that when these fundamentalists come to power , they cannot rule well and quickly become unpopular .

but they dont hold free and fair elections ever again.......the country remains under fundamentalist grip with democracy being utterly banned .

indeed , the express goal of many fundamentalists is destruction of that infidel western mechanism--democracy.....

AirforcePilot

Professional
Gadhafi should of played it smart and got out of dodge with some of his billions. For Gadhafi to unleash his army and airforce on his own people proves he is a psychopath. I'm pretty certain his people will hang him high when he is caught.

sandeepdg

Well, I think that he will go Hitler's way, and just shoot himself. Psychopaths are anyways suicidal. But yes, I would prefer that people hang him just the way it happened to Saddam, minus external help.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles