What formations and equipment would be used in case of cold start?

JayATL

Have you folks discussed hypothetical ground formations, numbers of personnel, kind of equipment that India would use in the case of cold start?

what I mean by it is- all these naval, army and air assets is mind boggling... how do you see it being deployed/ attack formations? how many divisions of tanks, attack helicopters, air force will be used , what will be used in what role? and what does various missiles, counter missiles, weapon distribution look like? I see a plethora of weapons and assets made or purchased but would love to hear how they would be used cohesively if cold start was implemented?

If you were a general planning it out--- what is your battle plan?

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
I was contemplating posting this one, you beat me to it.

KS

Bye bye DFI
No second thoughts and micro-strategies - just an outright genocide unleashing my nuke tipped Prithvis,Brahmos and Agnis and killing the rest with free fall bombs from the MKIs......

:agni: :brahmos:

JayATL

I was contemplating posting this one, you beat me to it.
Thats because I'm cool like that :cool:.

even if someone has read any articles posted about it elsewhere. I would appreciate it if they post or direct me to it...I'm fascinated by how this all comes together.

agentperry

best will be to see simultaneous tibet, uighur and Indian aggression if it ever happens in future.

Galaxy

Country flag
Tactical BM like Prahar, BM like Agni-1,2 and prithvi, Cruise Missile Brahmos will be most important in starting.

Then Sukhoi 30MKI (as per current capability)

JayATL

A freaking defense forum and I can't find armchair generals to play their vision of a war strategy! :) Come on - This should have been the most interesting and replied to post by you military buffs.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Some of it during the course of discussion has been played out in the cold start thread.

Shock and awe is the word. While re navy blockades the seas, Army and AF pound Pakistani defences. Pinaka, Smerch in full use while AF takes out ADs, supply depots etc.

The war will not last beyond 10 days.

jamwal

Country flag
The thread should answer following questions:
Roles played by various Corps down to Battalion or at least Division levels.
What formation will play Pivot and which will play Strike role.
How many regiments of weapons including tanks, artillery and missiles will be deployed and where.
Which formations will form tip of the spear ?
How will the 3 services coordinate attacks and what will be their respective targets and objectives ?
Last but not the least, what'll be the nuclear threshold ?

It goes without saying that our enemies will be even more interested in knowing these details.

Zebra

Country flag
The thread should answer following questions:
Roles played by various Corps down to Battalion or at least Division levels.
What formation will play Pivot and which will play Strike role.
How many regiments of weapons including tanks, artillery and missiles will be deployed and where.
Which formations will form tip of the spear ?
How will the 3 services coordinate attacks and what will be their respective targets and objectives ?
Last but not the least, what'll be the nuclear threshold ?

It goes without saying that our enemies will be even more interested in knowing these details.
Let's talk other way around , what will our enemies do , their formations and equipment would be used in case of cold start .

Country flag
Let's talk other way around , what will our enemies do , their formations and equipment would be used in case of cold start .
Pakistan does not have more than a 2 week fuel supply to start, calculate everything from this.

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
The 1st Armored Division based in Multan will play the critical role in any Pakistani counter-offensive. I think the PA will be forced to launch a counter-offensive of some sort because otherwise the IA as per Cold Start will have all the initiative and tempo (i.e. they get to 'pick' their battles).

Iamanidiot

Aren't such things supposed to be confidential.some times some discreteness is required

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles