What do you drive?

Soham

DFI TEAM
Country flag
^^^
Sorry, I meant the Toyota Prado.
X-3 and Q5 aren't sissy cars, they might fall short of their big brothers, but if judged independently, both are extremely well engineered cars. Montero makes way too much noise, and doesn't have that top-notch feeling associated with a 40L+ car.

Post the pics of the city. :)

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
^^^
Sorry, I meant the Toyota Prado.
X-3 and Q5 aren't sissy cars, they might fall short of their big brothers, but if judged independently, both are extremely well engineered cars. Montero makes way too much noise, and doesn't have that top-notch feeling associated with a 40L+ car.
I would rather spend 40l and get a proper SUV which is at home off road or a proper sedan for the sheer driving experience.
A car like x3 or q5 is neither here nor there. And to some looks of their SUV matters a lot :wink: am I right Adux ?

Prado is a hell of a car, will never breakdown but the only issue is that its got a thirsty V6 petrol engine..

Post the pics of the city. :)
Shortly..

Adux

Country flag
Singh,

You hit the nail right on the head, I love my SUV to rough tough and effin awesome, Sometimes I feel jealous of the Taliban with their awesome pickups and SUV's, There is something rough rugged and growling about old Ford Endevour, I feel the same about Nissan Patrol, and the old Land Rover. You have no clue how rough I am with my Thorr, and it is still as strong as ever, a CRV or Q7 would have given me atleast 5000000000000 breakdowns..lol

Adux

Country flag
I take it back, it comes with Auto-Transmission only, who wants to drive that!! I mean it is good for the cities, but not when I am driving up the effin hill, I am still on edge here, all 4x4 forums are saying its really a cool thing, Try youtube for it,

Soham

DFI TEAM
Country flag
Sometimes I feel jealous of the Taliban with their awesome pickups and SUV's,
Me too ! They look awesome roaming around with freedom in their open SUVs.
As I mentioned, check the Toyota Prado. Awesome off-roader, with a monster V6 engine(which is quite a thirsty one).

Adux

Country flag
Did you see the Top Gear episode on the Toyota Hi-Lux

F-14

Global Defence Moderator
ya man that damm thing worked even after being so abused amazing

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Singh,

You hit the nail right on the head, I love my SUV to rough tough and effin awesome, Sometimes I feel jealous of the Taliban with their awesome pickups and SUV's, There is something rough rugged and growling about old Ford Endevour, I feel the same about Nissan Patrol, and the old Land Rover. You have no clue how rough I am with my Thorr, and it is still as strong as ever, a CRV or Q7 would have given me atleast 5000000000000 breakdowns..lol
Q7 is a Munster, I think you mean the puny Q5, CRV will not breakdown but they will get stuck and don't inspire confidence.

I take it back, it comes with Auto-Transmission only, who wants to drive that!! I mean it is good for the cities, but not when I am driving up the effin hill, I am still on edge here, all 4x4 forums are saying its really a cool thing, Try youtube for it,
I am begining to like the Toyota fortuner for some wierd reason, it is damn cheap at 20lac, though it needs bigger tyres

New Toyota Fortuner 2009
Will cost b/w 16-20lacs ex-showrrom, 3 litre Manual Diesel, AWD, NO AUTO.
Bookings closed in Delhi, pre-booking amount 1lacs, will be launched by 4th week august. deliveries will be on a lucky draw basis.

Adux

Country flag
Q7 is a Munster, I think you mean the puny Q5, CRV will not breakdown but they will get stuck and don't inspire confidence.
CRV's rims wont take the beating that a Ford Endevour would do, CRV's also wont have the torque of diesel.

Will cost b/w 16-20lacs ex-showrrom, 3 litre Manual Diesel, AWD, NO AUTO.
Bookings closed in Delhi, pre-booking amount 1lacs, will be launched by 4th week august. deliveries will be on a lucky draw
Well I have time till March..lol
Are you sure it is Diesel 3.0 Manual, I saw 2.5Ltr Automatic
See here : New Toyota Fortuner 2009

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
CRV's rims wont take the beating that a Ford Endevour would do, CRV's also wont have the torque of diesel.
Correct ... but who uses stock rims and tyres ?
Its hardly been 24 hours and my new car's got new alloys and wheels.

CRV being Petrol like Prado definitely will have lesser torque than a diesel engine but the engine has more than enough grunt to tackle most obstancles.
The only letdown for quasi SUV's like CRV are their mechanicals/underpinnings. Crv for eg is based on the Civic.

Endeavour, LC, Monetro OTOH are thoroughbred SUVs built to take on anything without breaking down.

Well I have time till March..lol
Are you sure it is Diesel 3.0 Manual, I saw 2.5Ltr Automatic
See here : New Toyota Fortuner 2009
Fairly certain it'll be a 3 litre Diesel, Manual with AWD. Be prepared for a month or two of waiting.

Adux

Country flag
Correct ... but who uses stock rims and tyres ?
Its hardly been 24 hours and my new car's got new alloys and wheels.
This has to be said, Sorry I dont suscribe to politically correct bullshit:bye: But all you puny girl car owners have shitty rims anyways, unlike us folks. So if I am buying a SUV, I want a SUV please!

CRV being Petrol like Prado definitely will have lesser torque than a diesel engine but the engine has more than enough grunt to tackle most obstancles.
The only letdown for quasi SUV's like CRV are their mechanicals/underpinnings. Crv for eg is based on the Civic.
There is something about the Diesel way of life; that no petrol can replace.

Endeavour, LC, Monetro OTOH are thoroughbred SUVs built to take on anything without breaking down.
I love the Nissan Patrol, I have only seen one ever in my life, and it was an old one. but I loved it.

Fairly certain it'll be a 3 litre Diesel, Manual with AWD. Be prepared for a month or two of waiting
Well the 3ltr Diesel is said to be awesome by atleast the 4x4 forums. There is a video about it in youtube.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
This has to be said, Sorry I dont suscribe to politically correct bullshit:bye: But all you puny girl car owners have shitty rims anyways, unlike us folks. So if I am buying a SUV, I want a SUV please!
Stock wheels and rims shod in any car below 40lacs in India are crappy; irresp of the gender of the car.

There is something about the Diesel way of life; that no petrol can replace.
A lot depends on personal choice and the car and engine in question.

I love the Nissan Patrol, I have only seen one ever in my life, and it was an old one. but I loved it.
There are quite a few Nissan Patrols in Delhi, the most famous one belongs to a Sikh gentleman who supplied furniture for Saddam Hussein's palaces.

Well the 3ltr Diesel is said to be awesome by atleast the 4x4 forums. There is a video about it in youtube.
Tuning box, Bilsteins, yoko.g.landers, Alloys and a CAI and the Fortuner is good to go anywhere.

Adux

Country flag
Stock wheels and rims shod in any car below 40lacs in India are crappy; irresp of the gender of the car.
Beg to differ with you on Endevour (old model only) stock wheels there, I have made a jump of 5feet on it, and nothing! That thing is solid..Not attractive but solid....I know you dont need a car to show your manliness paaji but a girl car is a girl car, should have bought the Sx4 atleast...you had the ad atleast on your side.

A lot depends on personal choice and the car and engine in question.
mmm.ok...:blum3:

There are quite a few Nissan Patrols in Delhi, the most famous one belongs to a Sikh gentleman who supplied furniture for Saddam Hussein's palaces.
I have lived in UK for a long time, have never seen one over there.Though I have heard the middle east is full of those monsters.

Tuning box, Bilsteins, yoko.g.landers, Alloys and a CAI and the Fortuner is good to go anywhere

There is something else though, I feel fortuner will tip over on a fast flat turn! There is something not so proportional about the height of that vehicle to its wheel base!

raghavi

i wish i could have a scooty pleasure or some other new model .car swift is enough for me no more wishes

Adux

Country flag
Where is my one tight slap reply from Singhji?

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Beg to differ with you on Endevour (old model only) stock wheels there, I have made a jump of 5feet on it, and nothing! That thing is solid..Not attractive but solid....I know you dont need a car to show your manliness paaji but a girl car is a girl car, should have bought the Sx4 atleast...you had the ad atleast on your side.
I'd rather buy a Scorpio than buy a sedan pretending to be a truck.

My requirements were a car at home in city traffic, which lets me indulge my boy-racer habits every once in a while.. ergo the Auto City with the free revving Vtec engine.

For proper off-roading I plan to buy an Army disposal Jeep or Gypsy and rebuild it. This will be done after the monsoons.

I have lived in UK for a long time, have never seen one over there.Though I have heard the middle east is full of those monsters.
Yep UK doesn't have many Patrols. ME and Africa ought to be full of em.

There is something else though, I feel fortuner will tip over on a fast flat turn! There is something not so proportional about the height of that vehicle to its wheel base!
Ever driven a Safari or Scorpio ? Nothing more exhilarating and scary at the same time than high speed cornering on them.

I doubt Fortuner will tip over ever, unless one falls off a cliff.

Adux

Country flag
Just bought original Made in Japan 275/R16 Bridgestone Donuts tires for my baby, its runs smooth and grips like crazy, love the groves on them, standard looking but has deep groves for water flow! Nice......

Singhji,

I nearly tipped over a Scorpio; Just because I looked back at my friend and laughed while driving at 100 or more. And I think you are right about the Fortuner, it really does look like a impressive package and the price is pure awesomeness; check here: Toyota Fortuner urban luxury SUV to be launched in India on August 24, 2009-WheelsUnplugged Automobile Industry News

PS: I will pretend I didnt see the boy racer on a automatic sedan..lol

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Just bought original Made in Japan 275/R16 Bridgestone Donuts tires for my baby, its runs smooth and grips like crazy, love the groves on them, standard looking but has deep groves for water flow! Nice......
Donuts is the name of the technology.
And 275 is too wide..

I nearly tipped over a Scorpio; Just because I looked back at my friend and laughed while driving at 100 or more. And I think you are right about the Fortuner, it really does look like a impressive package and the price is pure awesomeness; check here: Toyota Fortuner urban luxury SUV to be launched in India on August 24, 2009-WheelsUnplugged Automobile Industry News
Actually I have a bone to pick with the pricing, Fortuner and Innova are priced similarly in other markets but in India we have to pay round about 7-10 lacs extra for 4x4 and butch looks.

PS: I will pretend I didnt see the boy racer on a automatic sedan..lol
A picture speaks a thousand words.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles