What do People involved in Partition think of Pakistan ?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Abir that confirms what I said lets discuss this in the PM's .This is an issue with enough fodder for anti-nationals
But this is known to anyone who knows history!

So, even if you go on PM, what will be the difference?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I prefer the Ignoramuses to be ignoramuses
I daresay that the Bengalis here would be so.

So, someone will open up.

More important than the facts, is the reason why it happened.

See it in the perspective of the turmoil of Independence where everyone was a Khalifa and thought he was the last word on tactics!

Note the way Gandhi was sidelined after he served his purpose!

Iamanidiot

I daresay that the Bengalis here would be so.

So, someone will open up.

More important than the facts, is the reason why it happened.

See it in the perspective of the turmoil of Independence where everyone was a Khalifa and thought he was the last word on tactics!

Note the way Gandhi was sidelined after he served his purpose!
Sir,I would rather have this particular issue in a thread only accessible to Indians read by Indians.If not that Iam going to keep mum about it

Gandhi was never sidelined.He was sidelined because his gullibility was being taken as an advantage by the other party.Patel knew what he was doing.Jinnah got a rag at the end of the day

Last edited:

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
What do you mean fodder for anti-nationals ? Are you that insecure ? Discuss it all out in the open.

Iamanidiot

What do you mean fodder for anti-nationals ? Are you that insecure ? Discuss it all out in the open.
Sir ,I rather will keep shut about this Bengal part of the issue .Trust me in this case.This answer will start from 1100's and is a pretty complex

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Sir ,I rather will keep shut about this Bengal part of the issue .Trust me in this case
JP, don't Sir me. I would rather if you open your mouth. You are a smart guy, stop being timid. What is the point of running a forum, if you don't ask pointed questions ? Go on...

pankaj nema

Country flag
Pakistan is still a confused nation trying to get an identity

Pakistan has tried every thing to " escape India "

BUT the funny thing is that in Defence Housing Authority Residential areas where the military people live
there are Cinema Halls playing Bollywood Movies and parties where people dance to Bolly wood songs

Hence Many analysts say that Pakistan SUFFERS from Collective Schizophrenia

But if Pakistan becomes friends with India then the Two Nation Theory immediately collapses

SO the Military Mullah Alliance HAS to HATE India

India always has been the " other" ; the " enemy " and Pakistan could not be successful
if it did nt have an identity OPPOSITE that to India

The first shock for Pakistanis came when " Hindu India " made a constitution giving Equal rights to all citizens

So Pakistan has created an artificial hybrid identity Half Arab Half South Asian ; Half Talibanised Half Liberal

Pakistanis are still clutching in vain to Jinnah's August 11 speech in " hope " that Jinnah's vision
of A liberal Pakistan will be realised

Abir

Abir that confirms what I said lets discuss this in the PM's .This is an issue with enough fodder for anti-nationals
I thought you differed from my initial assertion that fazlul haq had the majority support not ML.

huh what difference would it make, it's all things of past and on public domain. Anti national would benefit more by pseudo secular, internet hindu tomfoolery.

Last edited:

pankaj nema

Country flag
In India Calcutta was the MOST Important city in 1947 ie Economically and A Major port too was there

Patel was ADAMANT on the Division of Bengal and infact he is reported to have said

" If Calcutta goes to pakistan India is FINISHED "

Also Mr GOPINATH Bordoloi SAVED Assam from falling in The Enemy's Hands

If Assam would have fallen then the entire North East too would gone to the Enemy

KS

Bye bye DFI
People, this is not a religious thread nor difference between India., Pak.....my question was primarily limited to the views of pakistan by those affected by partition and those who share a common cultur with pakistan....I am asking why there is still a love hate relationship on this side when there is only hate there...?

I purposely did not include the Bengali NOT because they did not suffer but because their emotions don't come in the waqy of their dealing with Bangladesh..or atleast I haven't noticed so.

@Thakur_ritesh,

Yeah the numbers of those "romanticists" as you put it might be small, but doesnt it make a huge difference when they occupy posts like Prime Minister..? Isn't it high time to think along national lines atleast I'm these key issues....it worries me to see leaders like these bending over backwards for something that has irrevocably changed since 1947

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I purposely did not include the Bengali NOT because they did not suffer but because their emotions don't come in the waqy of their dealing with Bangladesh..or atleast I haven't noticed so.
Does the emotions come in the way of Punjabis?

Who are the Wagah candle lighting warriors?

And how is it that the Gah born MMS, our beloved PM, hell bent on peace with Pakistan when they snub us at every step?

It is pragmatic vision or emotions?

Quote from Merchant of Venice

I am a Jew. Hath
not a Jew eyes? hath not a Jew hands, organs,
dimensions, senses, affections, passions? fed with
the same food, hurt with the same weapons, subject
to the same diseases, healed by the same means,
warmed and cooled by the same winter and summer, as
a Christian is? If you prick us, do we not bleed?
if you tickle us, do we not laugh? if you poison
us, do we not die?

Are we Bengalis not within India?

North India has one Bhagat Singh and he is made out to be the sole hero.

Are you aware how many Bengalis went to the gallows for Independence?

It is just that we don't brag.

Consult Abir and he will tell you!

Last edited:

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Large portions of my family land ended up in bangladeshi side and we got measly tea garden/plantation in its place on Indian side assam. Quite often the people who shout the loudest have not lost anything.

Having said that i think if India was not divided we would be stronger than we are today. But avg person in pakistan and bangladesh are worse off than we in India are. Paki elite didn't want to lose there wealth so they pushed for partition. In India zamindari system was abolished and to this day paki elites enjoy there wealth.

KS

Bye bye DFI
Does the emotions come in the way of Punjabis?

Who are the Wagah candle lighting warriors?

And how is it that the Gah born MMS, our beloved PM, hell bent on peace with Pakistan when they snub us at every step?

It is pragmatic vision or emotions?

Quote from Merchant of Venice

I am a Jew. Hath
not a Jew eyes? hath not a Jew hands, organs,
dimensions, senses, affections, passions? fed with
the same food, hurt with the same weapons, subject
to the same diseases, healed by the same means,
warmed and cooled by the same winter and summer, as
a Christian is? If you prick us, do we not bleed?
if you tickle us, do we not laugh? if you poison
us, do we not die?

Are we Bengalis not within India?

North India has one Bhagat Singh and he is made out to be the sole hero.

Are you aware how many Bengalis went to the gallows for Independence?

It is just that we don't brag.

Consult Abir and he will tell you!
It is exactly why I did not include Bengalis. I have already said and I am saying now. I did not include the Bengalis NOT because they did not suffer (meaning they did suffer a lot) but because they do not get emotionally clouded in their perspectives while dealing with Bangladesh and are pragmatic enough to realise that Partition was 64 years back and have moved on.

KS

Bye bye DFI
Large portions of my family land ended up in bangladeshi side and we got measly tea garden/plantation in its place on Indian side assam. Quite often the people who shout the loudest have not lost anything.

Having said that i think if India was not divided we would be stronger than we are today. But avg person in pakistan and bangladesh are worse off than we in India are. Paki elite didn't want to lose there wealth so they pushed for partition. In India zamindari system was abolished and to this day paki elites enjoy there wealth.
I would NOT agree with that assertion.

The tumor that afflicted Bharat for centuries was sucked out and we got the new nation India.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
I would NOT agree with that assertion.

The tumor that afflicted Bharat for centuries was sucked out and we got the new nation India.
That is your opinion and you are entitled to it. Rest of the world wouldn't be playing countries against us. read pakistan, bangladesh, nepal, sri lanka. Stop seeing everything though religious prism.

KS

Bye bye DFI
That is your opinion and you are entitled to it. Rest of the world wouldn't be playing countries against us. read pakistan, bangladesh, nepal, sri lanka. Stop seeing everything though religious prism.
Its not entirely religion.

The areas of current Pakistan have been the trouble making areas that affected India proper and that is a historical fact.

Secondly why should I not see through a religious prism ? Do you think a strong central govt is possible in this case with equal number of both communities ? Definitely not. There would be atleast two centres of power constantly opposed to each other.

Thirdly one of the community would like to help/intervene in the affairs of other Islamic countries due to the concept of Ummah (which is what is happening in Pakistan right now) and we (United India) would be named as the "Terror Central" of the world.

Look dude Partition has been over for 64 years. Get over it. This is what I hate when people like MMS says "We have a shared destiny". Dumbfcuk, we do not share a destiny and get over it is what MK.Narayanan must have told. But he remained courteous.

The only thing we would have been strong is the cricket team.

pmaitra

Its not entirely religion.

The areas of current Pakistan have been the trouble making areas that affected India proper and that is a historical fact.

Secondly why should I not see through a religious prism ? Do you think a strong central govt is possible in this case with equal number of both communities ? Definitely not. There would be atleast two centres of power constantly opposed to each other.

Thirdly one of the community would like to help/intervene in the affairs of other Islamic countries due to the concept of Ummah (which is what is happening in Pakistan right now) and we (United India) would be named as the "Terror Central" of the world.

Look dude Partition has been over for 64 years. Get over it. This is what I hate when people like MMS says "We have a shared destiny". Dumbfcuk, we do not share a destiny and get over it is what MK.Narayanan must have told. But he remained courteous.

The only thing we would have been strong is the cricket team.
Karthic,

We do have a shared destiny. Pakistan and India are side by side. You cannot take Pakistan and place it is the Arabian peninsula like a Knight on a chessboard. That is one pragmatic way of looking at things. You could argue Pakistan will not survive long. I say, even if Pakistan ceases to exist, the people, the lands, and conflicts and the troubles will exist right across the border. It is imperative we try our best to suck Pakistan out of the orbit of PRC, by stick or by carrot, so that we can focus on our greatest threat, PRC.

Not known for a lot of intelligent decisions, I definitely like what George Bush said defending his desire in helping Mexico economically: A poor neighbour is bound to be a bad neighbour.

pmaitra

I have a slightly different take on this.

Let Pakistan be a separate country, but an attenuated and moderate one; and out of PRC's orbit.

I do agree that regions within Pakistan has a history of violent rebellion against central authority. Those north-western people are like that. They have, or at least a section of them, have always rebelled against the Greeks, the Brits, the Soviets. No, it is not about religion or, to be specific, Islam. It goes beyond and before Islam:

Ashoka proved a competent general, likely much to his brothers' dismay, putting down a rebellion in the Punjabi city of Taxshila.
Ashoka the Great Biography

anoop_mig25

Country flag
well ya net time if war happens between indai-pak i want an smart particle southindia as pm not some one from born-across the border not even advani

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles