What do Indians like to drink?

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
I've noticed that Indians like whiskey a lot and aren't much into anything else. They don't care for wine or beer at all. It's mostly hard liquor that's popular over there. Mostly just whiskey, not much else. Is this observation in line with reality?
Whiskey followed by Rum.

In urban centres - wine and beer getting popular

anupamsurey

Country flag
almost every thing.

tea and coffee are part and parcel of life.

i more often settle for beer (kingfisher premium) if i have to drive and drop off my friends safely.

otherswise its signature or RC whisky, i take vodka (Magic moments, or WM), but a big no to rum.

SafedSagar

Country flag
I like to drink ''banta/bunta'' i.e shikanji with soda a lot. lol :superman:

anupamsurey

Country flag
the one thing we can be sure is that the results from a research can mean many thing at same time, this depends on many factors (they are many and i know them because i m a surgeon and a researcher).
but those who say that milk is bad for health are either nuts or have vested interest.

Interesting. I would like resident doctor @Mad Indian to comment on this, he might know something in this field.

Anyway,

1. I think it would be good if the article could give more citations.

2. The article says

What this means is that there is something wrong with these methods of study or maybe that different situations produce different results, as the studies can't seem to agree.
I think it may have to do with lobbying.
It is well observed that these scientific studies sometimes tilt in the direction of whichever party pays them more. An example is "global warming."

3. I find it difficult to sleep without drinking warm milk. So i can't help it. :truestory:

Last edited by a moderator:

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Of course we do. I just meant that the milk in India tastes very different from the milk here. I don't drink much milk these days. Used to though. Milk isn't all that good for you actually. Milk cartel keeps pushing it in our faces but apparently it's bad for you.

Read this Debunking The Milk Myth: Why Milk Is Bad For You And Your Bones
You should also know that Science has proven evolution to be wrong. It is a CIA/RAW/Mossad conspiracy to convert the true christians into athiests. Yeah Go figure:lol:

9 Scientific Facts Prove the "Theory of Evolution" is False | Humans Are Free

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Interesting. I would like resident doctor @Mad Indian to comment on this, he might know something in this field.

Anyway,

1. I think it would be good if the article could give more citations.

2. The article says

What this means is that there is something wrong with these methods of study or maybe that different situations produce different results, as the studies can't seem to agree.
I think it may have to do with lobbying.
It is well observed that these scientific studies sometimes tilt in the direction of whichever party pays them more. An example is "global warming."

3. I find it difficult to sleep without drinking warm milk. So i can't help it. :truestory:
Milk is the best food source in the world. All the mammals can survive with just milk- thats how complete of a food it is! Anyone who thinks that Milk, which keeps a new born(.ie the most demanding period of growth for an animal) alive well and growing just on its own, is bad for health is as bright as a young earth creationist

Last edited by a moderator:

anupamsurey

Country flag
yes that's why they call milk a complete food, as it has every essential component required by our body, but it lacks Iron but milk and milk products do enhance the Iron absorption from our guts. the combination of palak paneer is not a joke it is in fact the cleverest combination.

Milk is the best food source in the world. All the mammals can survive with just milk- thats how complete of a food it is! Anyone who thinks that Milk, which keeps a new born(.ie the most demanding period of growth for an animal) alive well and growing just on its own is just as bright as a young earth creationist

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
Bourbon. Straight up. I'm not a very big top-shelf nerd, but JD Sinatra is my catnip.

PredictablyMalicious

Punjabi
Banned
I mostly drink Beer but sometimes I'll have mixed drinks (with vodka), shots, rum, wine, etc... Don't really like whiskey except cheap Fireball lol. Rum, I'll drink with coke. Beer is my favourite though. Not a beer snob but I like Guinness, Molson Canadian, Alexander Keith's, Corona, Singha (Thai). Haven't tried any Indian beer.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles