what a farce:China set to bid on major US aerospace programmes

markshen

It's strange that so many people have replied to that french guy. What he has said is total bullshit. France can do nothing without discussing with other european unions members. France wants to boycott china? Tell your president to boycott the olympics first. Dare he?

So many people here act as if they were national leaders or experts. Now the world has changed. It's high time to export weapons to China, to create jobs and earn money from chinese, otherwise they will buy nothing in 10 years from Europe!!!!

SHASH2K2

Armand is a frog of well.

CHina's power-generator industry was not so advanced when 3 Dorges Dam was built over one decade ago. So, China imported foregin power generator at that time.

Now, CHina is already the pioneer of power-generator industry . CHina's "smart grid" and new generation ultra supercritical generator tech both lead the whole world.

that is why India order billions of power generators from China, instead of France now.

as for generator-manufacturing, French companies are being asskicked by CHinese companies all over the world ,from CHinese market to indian market.

Mr BG to keep the records straight first of all its not India thats buying power equioments but its reliance power group . 2nd they are going for chinese equipments because there is huge demand and supply gap as all domestic heavy equipment manufacturers are running over capacity and many more new projects coming up. 3rd is reliance is not going to chinese for quality but because they are damn cheap and also they are getting soft loans.

so stop daydreaming and accept the fact that its price thats main factor in that deal . If they need to import sophisticated equipments china will still not be their first choice.

Country flag
It's strange that so many people have replied to that french guy. What he has said is total bullshit. France can do nothing without discussing with other european unions members. France wants to boycott china? Tell your president to boycott the olympics first. Dare he?

So many people here act as if they were national leaders or experts. Now the world has changed. It's high time to export weapons to China, to create jobs and earn money from chinese, otherwise they will buy nothing in 10 years from Europe!!!!

Hasn't EU collectively banned weapons to China?? After the Gates visit to China this ban will not be removed for a long time.

JayATL

at some point people will have to accept that just like India is talented enough to developed or co develop projects worthy of being on the export market. China too is or I suspect already has a few things worthy of such export. it's a different thing if they will get accepted or chosen at this juncture

JayATL

Hasn't EU collectively banned weapons to China?? After the Gates visit to China this ban will not be removed for a long time.
yeah but there was talk recently ( even posted here, on these forums, I thought) that EU is going to lift those sanctions.

Country flag

tanlixiang28776

I define it as the Russians do...
If they are please put down a reliable source that states so as I have not found any.

We are supposed to believe those figures when it is running on Ukraine turbofans? :laugh:
what is wrong with Ukrainian engines? please provide a source for how they are somehow deficient.

They run on the same AI-222 engines. Whoever posted that wiki tripe is hoping for Progress to finally make the next development of AI-222. Sorry to tell you they haven't and are so broke are not likely to.
I did not provide wikipedia as my source. All the sources I found state the third prototype uses pre-production DV-2F engines. This engine is to be used on production models when it is mass produced. Yet again please provide a current source. Perhaps you are talking about the first two prototypes?

Russians are calling foul and they are the ones who decide to challenge it.
again please provide a source

Considering the protectionist on the ballet will be Segolene Royal, there isn't much question who will win considering UMP numbers.
I do not know too much about French politicians so you will need to provide more information in sources. Even if she is elected I doubt we'll see a 180 degree change in policies.

What vulgar words are those?
shit is certainly a vulgar word and you should refrain from using it when trying to prove your case.

P.S. Did I mention that you should provide sources?:D But seriously without reliable sources I and many others can only assume your conclusions are based on rumor.:sad:

L-15 info sources

http://books.google.com/books?id=_5...=0CDIQ6AEwAw#v=onepage&q=DV 2F engine&f=false

http://www.jet-engine.net/miltfspec.html

http://www.flightglobal.com/article...c-launches-l-15-version-with-afterburner.html

http://www.comhaha.com/blog/590968-...roject-billions-of-dollars-in-contract-value/

Last edited:

RebateKing

Armand China already sells the Z 9 helicopter which is a development of the Dauphin to 9 countries and France hasn't done anything, not even talk about it.
This is going way OT, but look, China was able to sell a few of a last generation model, to poor countries, who probably bought them on credits or aid dollars from China. Those customers could not possibly afford current offerings from EuroCopter. So, France is happy to make some $ off those sales.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
If they are please put down a reliable source that states so as I have not found any.
Already did... Defense News cited a Rosboronexport official as well a others.

what is wrong with Ukrainian engines? please provide a source for how they are somehow deficient.
Do I really need to list all the engine failures of Motor Sich? That would take all day.

I did not provide wikipedia as my source. All the sources I found state the third prototype uses pre-production DV-2F engines. This engine is to be used on production models when it is mass produced. Yet again please provide a current source. Perhaps you are talking about the first two prototypes?
DV-2F are Slovak made by PSLK, they went bankrupt apparently. The website www.pslm.sk has been down for years. The engines used are AI-222s made by Motor Sich and Progress has yet to get the afterburning 25F off the bench.

again please provide a source
See first statement

I do not know too much about French politicians so you will need to provide more information in sources. Even if she is elected I doubt we'll see a 180 degree change in policies.
You seem to not know much about many things you speak of. Don't let that stop you from commenting. We are all about free speech.

she is instinctively protectionist and virulently anti-globalistation

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...sg=AFQjCNEzOyfS46oq56p_Js5xsruQ1y8bmg&cad=rja
shit is certainly a vulgar word and you should refrain from using it when trying to prove your case.
Vulgar to who? It was used as an adjective to describe quantity. If that offends you then I know you are Chinese. Your people are too easily offended by everything. Not going to change my vocabulary to appease your sensibilities nor are we going to disregard the Dalai Lama because it hurts your feelings... sorry

P.S. Did I mention that you should provide sources?:D But seriously without reliable sources I and many others can only assume your conclusions are based on rumor.:sad:
I provide sources for everything that isn't common knowledge. On the other hand, you provide sources for future events which have no basis in fact.

L-15 info sources
Progress doesn't manufacture engines, they are a design bureau. Motor Sich makes their engines. DV-2 series engines were bought by Slovakia in the ninties. Company is now out of business.

Tells you right there it was made by PSLM. Did you think that was made in Ukraine?

Already showed Motor Sich has yet to develop the afterburning model. It is on their website. So much for CCP propaganda.

China can bid for whatever it wants, US will throw it in the trash like they did to Ukraine's bid for KC-X.

tgrhfei

USA will not let our plane into their market!
so ,don't waste your time on this topic anymore!

tanlixiang28776

Already did... Defense News cited a Rosboronexport official as well a others.
I went through the entire thread looking for your sources. You have exactly five. Four mention French exports to China and one mentions Rosboronexport. It only mentions how Russia is afraid of their mig 29 getting undercut by JF 17. No where does it mention them complaining about the L 15.

Do I really need to list all the engine failures of Motor Sich? That would take all day.
I do not expect you to do that. I do however expect you to provide recent sources.

DV-2F are Slovak made by PSLK, they went bankrupt apparently. The website www.pslm.sk has been down for years. The engines used are AI-222s made by Motor Sich and Progress has yet to get the afterburning 25F off the bench.
If they are then provide recent sources for it.

See first statement
see first statement

You seem to not know much about many things you speak of. Don't let that stop you from commenting. We are all about free speech.
You seem to make comments without either recent or relevant sources. Don't let that stop you from commenting. If you are somehow insinuating I lack free speech then don't bother America beats France in that aspect.

Vulgar to who? It was used as an adjective to describe quantity. If that offends you then I know you are Chinese. Your people are too easily offended by everything. Not going to change my vocabulary to appease your sensibilities nor are we going to disregard the Dalai Lama because it hurts your feelings... sorry
If you want to get technical its fine but at least do it correctly. **** in your words is not a adjective to describe quantity. Example would be we build **** amounts of stuff for China. Still does not make sense but that is your explanation. You actually use it as a noun. Either way it is still vulgar and you should at least try to sound sorry for using it. As for your comments about Chinese, please refrain from making broad sweeping statements about 1.3 billion people. It is rude and inflammatory. You would not like it if I said your people are all rude based on my talking to you. As for your comments about the Dalai Lama they are off topic and flame baiting so I will ignore them.

I provide sources for everything that isn't common knowledge. On the other hand, you provide sources for future events which have no basis in fact.
You provide a few sources that have nothing to do with the L-15. You have not provided a single source that even mentions the L 15 even in passing. Until you do all your statements will be presumed to be hearsay nothing more.

L-15

L-15 info sources

Already showed Motor Sich has yet to develop the afterburning model. It is on their website. So much for CCP propaganda.
They are trying to export the plane to the U.S. How would lying about the specifications help win them the contract? And no you have not shown any sources for how they have not so stop making stuff up.

China can bid for whatever it wants, US will throw it in the trash like they did to Ukraine's bid for KC-X.
If they can bid for whatever they want then stop making up all sorts of reasons for why the can't. Otherwise this comment directly refutes your previous claims.

I have read some of your responses on other threads. They are either one liners or make absurd claims with no sources to back it up.

Last edited:

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
I went through the entire thread looking for your sources. You have exactly five. Four mention French exports to China and one mentions Rosboronexport. It only mentions how Russia is afraid of their mig 29 getting undercut by JF 17. No where does it mention them complaining about the L 15.
You said "L15 is not a copy" Rosboronexport said "L15 is a cheap COPY." You want to try that again?

I do not expect you to do that. I do however expect you to provide recent sources.
Doesn't matter if they said it yesterday or last year. You want to try that again?

If they are then provide recent sources for it.
I did by posting Motor Sich website engine information. L15 is indeed powered by the AI-222 as your own flightglobal source says the engine is from Ukraine. Motor Sich is the only company there that makes them. You want to try that again?

see first statement
You missed several links, like Motor Sich, Segolene Royal... ect. You want to try that again?

You seem to make comments without either recent or relevant sources. Don't let that stop you from commenting. If you are somehow insinuating I lack free speech then don't bother America beats France in that aspect.
I cite manufacturer websites, reputable defense news... nothing more relevant and recent than that. You copy cat my sentence too... definitely Chinese. You have more so you try to censor me? Definitely Chinese...

You provide a few sources that have nothing to do with the L-15. You have not provided a single source that even mentions the L 15 even in passing. Until you do all your statements will be presumed to be hearsay nothing more.
Read Defense News again... it mentions L-15. You want to try that again?

They are trying to export the plane to the U.S. How would lying about the specifications help win them the contract? And no you have not shown any sources for how they have not so stop making stuff up.
How would lying about it help win a contract? Are you really that clueless?? lol

If they can bid for whatever they want then stop making up all sorts of reasons for why the can't. Otherwise this comment directly refutes your previous claims.
I didn't say bid for it, I said China can offer it. US won't even look at it.

I have read some of your responses on other threads. They are either one liners or make absurd claims with no sources to back it up.
I read your comments and sources here. A) you speak about what you do not know and B) you don't read your sources or mine. Stick around, maybe you can learn something from l'ecole d'Armand2REP.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles