What 10 Countries do you look for a 'Made In' Label?

Cliff@sea

C'est la vie
Country flag
To be frank, everything Pakistani is not bad.

Try Shan Masala of Pakistan.

They are superb!
yes they quite honestly are , Especially for the recipes that include Mutton

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
The brands Lois Vuitton and Henessy are owned by a South African company called Richmont, which is owned by the Anton family(South African). In south Africa, although there is mass scale imports, by national apparel retailers, from China, I myself try not to buy Chineses, purely because of the quality. Growing numbers of people share this sentiment. I also import leather goods (on a small scale) from India and find that people are generally more accepting of the product if it is made in India rather than China. The market I deal with is an educated and reasonable affluent market.
Sir, you are mistaken.

Richemont is a rival to Arnault. Arnault owns LV and Moet Hennessy !

Ash

Country flag
Sir, you are mistaken.

Richemont is a rival to Arnault. Arnault owns LV and Moet Hennessy !
It seems that you are right Sir and i was under the wrong impression. Apologies for the wrong information. I have included the brands that Richmont do own,

The following companies are fully owned subsidiaries of Compagnie Financière Richemont S.A. unless otherwise noted.[3]

A. Lange & Söhne — watches; based in Glashütte, Germany
Alfred Dunhill, Ltd. — men's clothing, watches, leather goods; based in London, United Kingdom
Baume et Mercier — watches; based in Geneva, Switzerland
Cartier — jewellery, watches; based in Paris, France
Chloé — women's clothing; based in Paris, France
IWC Schaffhausen — watches; based in Schaffhausen, Switzerland
Jaeger-LeCoultre — watches; based in Le Sentier, Switzerland
James Purdey and Sons — firearms; based in London, United Kingdom
Lancel — leathergoods; based in Paris, France
Manufacture Roger Dubuis S.A. — (60% ownership) watches; based in Geneva, Switzerland
Maison Azzedine Alaïa — women's fashions; based in Paris, France
Montblanc International GmbH — writing instruments, watches; based in Hamburg, Germany
Net-a-Porter Ltd. — clothing sold via the Internet; based in London, United Kingdom
Officine Panerai — watches; based in Florence, Italy
Piaget S.A. — jewellery, watches; based in Geneva, Switzerland
Shanghai Tang — men's and women's fashions; based in Hong Kong, China
Vacheron Constantin — watches; based in Geneva, Switzerland
Van Cleef & Arpels S.A. — jewellery, watches; based in Paris, France

cloud_9

Country flag
Clothes/Shoes
Made in India
Made in Bangladesh
Made in Pakistan
Made in Turkey
Made in Egypt
Made in Vietnam

Toiletries
Made in France
Made in USA
Made in India (Himalaya / Dabur)

Electronics
Made in Japan
Made in Korea
Made in USA
But 99.9 % are Made in China :tsk:

PS - I have few Formal Shirts that are Made in Macau :shocked: I can't even imagine how small that sweat shop would have been :rofl:

Armand2REP
Some Made in France brands you may not be aware of...
Hermes
+ Lacoste

Last edited:

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
The brands Lois Vuitton and Henessy are owned by a South African company called Richmont, which is owned by the Anton family(South African). In south Africa, although there is mass scale imports, by national apparel retailers, from China, I myself try not to buy Chineses, purely because of the quality. Growing numbers of people share this sentiment. I also import leather goods (on a small scale) from India and find that people are generally more accepting of the product if it is made in India rather than China. The market I deal with is an educated and reasonable affluent market.
Christian Dior owns LVHM which includes Lois Vuitton and Henessy. All of it is owned and operated by Bernard Arnault who is the richest man in France and 4th in the world.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
I have french utensils at home, especially non sticky, they are the best but costlier like hell.

Electronics made in Germany- Braun, Australia - Breville, South Korea- Samsung, Japan- Sony and Sharp thats it (always look for).

In Cars I only like- Honda. all three cars I had/has.

Bike- enfield- India (when was in India, still love the same).

Watches only Sieko- Japan

Shoes only adidas-Germany

Perfumes - Diesel- italian, Polo- USA only

Clothes- Tommy, Arrow, Polo-USA most desirable

Cosmetics - L'Oreal- France (only), Head & Shoulders (P&G)- USA, Shaving blade- Gillette-(P&G)-USA (Best of the best)

Sports- Clothes from any good brand, Swimming-Speedos (preferred),

Shades- Ray Ban- USA-only

Suits-Stitched in India- mostly Raymonds -India. Bombay Dyeing's-India

Packed food-Sweets etc-Haldiram, MDH- India (most trusted)

Medicines-Dr.Reddy's, Ranbaxy, Glaxo - India

Rest no particular brand or made in tag, anything good goes.

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
You can get the same and better in India also.
My friends tell me that I am an accomplished cook also.

My wife disagrees that I know about cooking and even if I did, I am the most expensive cook she has seen! :)

I have tried a great variety of Indian masalas, but even if Pakistan does not light me up with fire of excitement, I will say that Shan is a real good masala, even though a wee bit strong.

Known_Unknown

Devil's Advocate
Made in Germany and Japan-those are the only two hallmarks of quality products.

SADAKHUSH

Country flag
To be frank, everything Pakistani is not bad.

Try Shan Masala of Pakistan.

They are superb!
Cautionary Note:

In Canada they found imported packaged Masala contained "Lead" in the mixture. I will look for the article and post it.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Cautionary Note:

In Canada they found imported packaged Masala contained "Lead" in the mixture. I will look for the article and post it.
Thanks.

Shaan is off my list.

I will go by what Messiah says!

Hopefully they don't have lead!

cloud_9

Country flag
Some of the finest things are designed in the US, but unfortunately, they are made in China.
Actually the Made in China thing makes you realise how stupid you are.Bought a pair of Shure SE535 and they were freaking Made in China...I thought that much money for a Made in China product :bplease:

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Thanks.

Shaan is off my list.

I will go by what Messiah says!

Hopefully they don't have lead!
Even along highways in haryana and punjab you can buy home made masalas and pickels of your choosing. You can even taste before buying!

SADAKHUSH

Country flag
Even along highways in haryana and punjab you can buy home made masalas and pickels of your choosing. You can even taste before buying!
If we just buy without knowing what dangers are lurking in the mixture than we are playing with not only our lives but rest of the family and friends as well. The choice is yours and make an informed decision.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
If we just buy without knowing what dangers are lurking in the mixture than we are playing with not only our lives but rest of the family and friends as well. The choice is yours and make an informed decision.
There are more chances of mixture is semi-mass productions than in these home made stuff since they solely rely on past experiance of customer and have no promotion strategy.

SADAKHUSH

Country flag
There are more chances of mixture is semi-mass productions than in these home made stuff since they solely rely on past experiance of customer and have no promotion strategy.
Thanks for clearing the misunderstanding on my part. How do you rate MDH masala packages? I personally go for solid and grind them at home.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles