We're now paying for india's navy as it spends our £280m aid on warships

Tolaha

But why not reject that aid? It seems to me that India is already perfectly capable of taking care of its people. I don't understand here why some of you bash UK while you're accepting its aid...If some think that UK is liable to return some stolen wealth to India then I think accepting some pittance of "aids" is not the way to do it. It makes India sound like a beggar nation.
The "aid" is given to NGO's working on behalf of the British government. There's nothing much that the Indian government can do about it!

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
If Britain is truly concerned about improving the lives of the world's poor, then they should willingly become a colony of the Third World.

panduranghari

If Britain is truly concerned about improving the lives of the world's poor, then they should willingly become a colony of the Third World.
You mean I can become a local chieftain representing India here? Wow that would be Awesome.

Known_Unknown

Devil's Advocate
Brits should be paying India $100 billion a year for the next 100 years to just make up for the trillions of dollars of wealth they siphoned off during the colonial period. WTF are they crying about. If India was stronger, the Indian government may have forced/arm-twisted them into paying much more. They should thank their heavens that most Indians don't consider Britain to be an adversary or look at them through hate filled prisms like for example the Ukranians do towards the Russians.

Country flag
I have only one thing to say about all this british aid money being used like this -England send more aid!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles