'We were pounded, the Chinese ratted us out' - Kargil Revelation

The Fox

peak 5353? India? Highest and more strategic

well Indeed kargil was a blunder
being pakistani they should have achieved the target by any mean even using nukes when they started it

and higher number of death toll was only shown to the world
Otherwise as MUSHARaf said pak army death toll was only 379soldier

even this number was high Considering the army they were fighting are Indian by origin

i want you to explain the Bolded parts
first being a pakistani you lost all the wars that pak fought with india face it.......... ON YOUR FACE
Second you lost all the war with INDIA and INDIAN BY ORIGIN GUYS KILLED THE SO CALLED GREAT PAKISTANIS WHO HAD A HIGHER ADVANTAGE SO IF I UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU MEAN IS YOU ARE A RACIST WHO IS BRAINWASHED BY YOUR MISLEAD MADARASA TEACHING OF PAK GENERALS

[MOD Edit: Why all caps?]

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
We left 5353, So somehow it bacame Higest and more Strategic ?
Since 5353 is the only peak Pakis could achieve after losing 4,000 soldiers so its obviously "Higest and more Strategic".

btw its so funny to see Pakis mentioning 5353 in every Kargil thread claiming it won kargil since they got 5353. :lol:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
They need something to portrait there victory over there defeat, 5353 serves that purpose..

It was left out coz IAF was not allowed to bomb, 5353 is located very far and in between no mans land..

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
I want to add the table of contents from the link I posted earlier, and recommend it for reading. It is a good reference. I don't imagine that other armies have field fortifications much different than the Germans have.

German Field Fortifications on the Eastern Front

Foreword
I. Opened Fire Positions
Trenches and communication trenches
Fire positions
Machine-gun positions
Mortar positions
Artillery positions
II. Covered fire positions
III. Observation posts
IV. Shelters
V. Preparing local environment for defense
VI. Anti-tank and anti-personnel obstacles
A. Anti-personnel obstacles
B. Anti-tank obstacles
VII. Camouflage

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
.............and some people argue and compare the leadership of 1999 with 1962!! :)

maomao

Country flag
Yes 5353 is in no-mans land and as pakis have very less to cheer, hence whatever delusions they can cook up makes them a victor! :D

maomao

Country flag
@mm, are your saying we should have go after 5353 without air-support ?
Your question is not clear! However, what I understood is that you are asking if we should have gone for 5353 without air support? Prima facie, we never had control over 5353 so the question of occupying it 'again' may not have suddenly come into the picture! Yes, without air support we should not go in for 5353. pakistanis having 5353 is like a paki sitting on a dead mule beating it black and blue to win the race! However, I believe even if 5353 belongs to no-man's land along the cease fire line we should still pound it when the right moment arrives -- and let pakis fend for it!! :)

P.S: I was talking about the leadership of 1999 and 1962 not 5353 in particular!

Last edited:

bose

Country flag
@ Farhan

Listen to this song.

The lyricist is my uncle - Gauriprassanna Majumdar.

Enjoy and be proud.
I hear this song after a long time... my father is to play it in his German record player when we were kids...

AFAIK It is the same Mujib who some 30 years or so earlier to 1971 took a bicycle ride from Kolkata to Delhi for support for creation of Pakistani Nation... What a change indeed!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles