'We were pounded, the Chinese ratted us out' - Kargil Revelation

parijataka

Country flag
Ultimately, did Kargil achieve anything at all for Pakistan ? What was the aim of this misadventure ? Was it just part of ZA Bhutto's `Death by a Thousand Cuts` to India or to undermine Vajpayee peace overtures to Pakistan ?

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
and higher number of death toll was only shown to the world
Otherwise as MUSHARaf said pak army death toll was only 379soldier

even this number was high Considering the army they were fighting are Indian by origin
"considering the army they were fighting are Indian by origin".

Pakis never really let go of their Pakistaniyat, eh? Even after getting their asses whooped in deserts, mountains, jungles, hills, plains, fields - every damn possible terrain - the Pakistaniyat doesn't go away.

pmaitra

Pakis never really let go of their Pakistaniyat, eh? Even after getting their asses whooped in deserts, mountains, jungles, hills, plains, fields - every damn possible terrain - the Pakistaniyat doesn't go away.
I wonder whether our friend @farhan_9909 is also an Arab wannabe. He did come across as a liberal initially. I would defend his right to his opinion though.

Last edited by a moderator:

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Did IA intel pick up on that indicator of cold weather gear purchase by PA?
No that was supposed to be job of RAW, since RAW guy was hand pick by ABV after his Lahor Bus drama, both RAW and IB chiefs were saying what would have pleased ABV in morning briefings. RAW foreign agents were sleeping all this time. :tsk: RAW chief should have shown door after the end of war, for sleeping on the job, but ABV took things casually :tsk:

parijataka

Country flag

They like to do it everywhere... :D

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
even this number was high Considering the army they were fighting are Indian by origin
Two things first one is that it was same army that cut short Pakistani in 1971, second is that you dont understand war, specially the fact that if someone is occupied higher ground with fortifications and can easily look down, this require storming with at least 7-8 times the soldier strength to capture those bunkers which was held by Pakistanis. Therefore for each Pakistani on Kargil we required about 7-8 times men to capture it, end result official figures of Pakistan Army were 453 soldiers killed and 527 Indian Soldiers killed. Not to forget two new figures of 2700 and 4000 coming from Pakistan. This shows that our guys fought with bravery and your guys cannot hold on to bunkers which they got without a fight.

BTW if you consider OBL raid by USA, few commandos and US airforce has made entire Pakistan military look stupid, fools and bunch of retards. :rofl:

Last edited:

Tronic

Ultimately, did Kargil achieve anything at all for Pakistan ? What was the aim of this misadventure ? Was it just part of ZA Bhutto's `Death by a Thousand Cuts` to India or to undermine Vajpayee peace overtures to Pakistan ?
Kargil was carried out to cut off India's main logistics route to Ladakh, which in turn would cut off supplies to the Siachen glacier; effectively cutting the Indian army out of half of Kashmir. But like everything Pakistan does, it was an epic fail.

Thanks to this great Pakistani master plan, India gained the support of the G8, EU and the ASEAN countries. Even China did not want to be associated with Pakistan in face of all the wold opinion in favour of India, that China went so far to publicly criticize Pakistan for the incursions.

Tronic

Two things first one is that it was same army that cut short Pakistani in 1971, second is that you dont understand war, specially the fact that if someone is occupied higher ground with fortifications and can easily look down, this require storming with at least 7-8 times the soldier strength to capture those bunkers which was held by Pakistanis. Therefore for each Pakistani on Kargil we required about 7-8 times men to capture it, end result official figures of Pakistan Army were 453 soldiers killed and 527 Indian Soldiers killed. Not to forget two new figures of 2700 and 4000 coming from Pakistan. This shows that our guys fought with bravery and your guys cannot hold on to bunkers which they got without a fight.

BTW if you consider OBL raid by USA, few commandos and US airforce has made entire Pakistan military look stupid, fools and bunch of retards. :rofl:
Don't be fished out by a troll. Farhan bhai ko bhi patta hai uska asli baap kaun hai...

mikhail

Country flag
point 5353 is the highest and more strategic and under PA

those high numbers were only to beef up the international pressure

more kargil were planned but PA got busy fighting the talibans.t0
we never occupied point 5353 as it was on the LAC,so i guess our IA didn't feel to occupy it even after winning the Kargil war.well afaik it's not a strategic location as it would be impossible to cut off the strategic Leh highway from that peak.you guys are always fed with false propaganda in pakistan,so its high time you open your eyes and see the real facts!PA suffered huge casualties in the hands of our Armed Forces!your soldiers were killed in hordes by our IAF and artillery,heck even your former PM Nawaz Sharif acknowledged the fact that more than 4k paki soldiers were butchered by the IA in Kargil!:wave:

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
the reason i said it was a blunder

But the toll of 5k soldier killed is BS

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
I wonder whether our friend @farhan_9909 is also an Arab wannabe. He did come across as a liberal initially. I would defend his right to his opinion though.
if someone call me Arab.i will probably slap him

now you can guess i Am Arab wannabe or not

Last edited by a moderator:

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
Don't be fished out by a troll. Farhan bhai ko bhi patta hai uska asli baap kaun hai...
i dont know why indians think they are our baap

bigger land
more population
bigger economy

doesnt make you guys so

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
i dont know why indians think they are our baap

bigger land
more population
bigger economy

doesnt make you guys so

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
if someone call me Arab.i will probably slap him

now you can guess i Am Arab wannabe or not
Ok you are a Turk then.

BTW what did you read about 71' war in your "History" books? That you people won and then granted independance to Bangladesh out of Good will??:lol:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Op Al Badr (Pak name for Kargil Ops) was not really a brilliant tactical plan.

Militarily and tactically it was born and engineered for disaster and defeat.

In any tactical plan, one has to also give due weightage to the logistics plan which ensures the smooth conduct and sustenance of the operations.

Given that it was High Altitude and there were no tracks or roads to the areas which Pakistan occupied, all logistic support would have to be either manpack, animal pack or by helicopters.

However, moving men or animals with the logistics necessities or by helicopter resupply would give away the positions since there was heavy snow and the tracks would be detected by the Indian Winter Air Surveillance which is routine.

Therefore there was no worthwhile logistic resupply or casualty evacuation plan.

It is obvious such a plan without guaranteed logistic resupply or casualty evacuation was a real cock up of a plan.

Illusive

Country flag
Pakistani army is considered to be their most organised and successful organisation:rofl:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
On Pt 5353, it is not the only place from which Pak troops can observe and even interdict the National Highway.

There are three such places, and inspite of that it has made no difference to Indians using the road at will.

India has devised way to ensure that such stretches are 'blind' to the Pakistanis, even though they can still undertake 'predicted' fire.

But then, it is not effective unless every minute of the day there is Pak artillery firing on these areas.

In fact, that would be fine since it would only diminish the Pak artillery shells and Pak does not have the money to buy more without its begging bowl and the US will not provide the alms and nor is China too happy with Pakistan.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles