Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
You can have it back... make us an offer. :happy_2:

ajtr

Tihar Jail
Banned
You can have it back... make us an offer. :happy_2:
you yourself will give up days are not far.Whatever you people have looted from india you will give up otherwise will be compelled to give up.

ajtr

Tihar Jail
Banned
Does anyone in India have ambition to rule over west ? No (ie. apart from me)

We will only ask and get turned down again and again. When thief is looting your house you dont ask him politely to return your things instead you beat him up.
we dont overlord on other people.but we want wat is right fully ours be returned back to us.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
you yourself will give up days are not far.Whatever you people have looted from india you will give up otherwise will be compelled to give up.
What did France ever take from India? I was referring to the Summer Palace.

ajtr

Tihar Jail
Banned
What did France ever take from India? I was referring to the Summer Palace.
i meant british.anyway my solidarity is with chinese in that case .even with asia and africa which you europeans have looted.you 've to return those looted treasure to the respective countries.otherwise you will be forced to do it.

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
Britain will never return our treasures to us, unless we send a nuclear carrier fleet into the English Channel and demand them back at gunpoint.

This is a big reason why I support our indigenous carrier project (joke).

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
That is why i suggest we should join hands together to force them to return what they have robbed from us. In the past, they ganged up to loot us, today we should unite together to ask them for justice.
India was ready for friendship with china but it was your govt that started war against us and unity went out of the window as a result of it.

Im sure westerners must have laughed themselves silly as seeing asian giants fighting amongst themselves.

pmaitra

Sadly, the British will give nothing back, taken by them during their conquest.

One can keep whistling for the favourable wind to blow.
From a different perspective, are we Indians willing to return the Fairy Queen and the Bayer Garratt locomotives to England? I guess not.

I think there is always two sides to a coin.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
From a different perspective, are we Indians willing to return the Fairy Queen and the Bayer Garratt locomotives to England? I guess not.

I think there is always two sides to a coin.
We didn't goto england and steal it did we ?

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Surely the westerners will be very reluctant to give back what they have looted.

If we just try to reason with them and beg them to return those relics, they will merely shrug their shoulders and say " sorry, no, can't do". They are still very powerful, and more importantly, they are still as brutal as they used to be.

That is why i suggest we should join hands together to force them to return what they have robbed from us. In the past, they ganged up to loot us, today we should unite together to ask them for justice.

China alone will not be able to topple them in a near future, and the westerners know it pretty well. In 2009, Chinese tried to stop French from auctioning two bronze statues they plundered from Summer Palace, but failed. If China can ally with other victim countries, we will build a strong alliance, then we can negotiate with them, pushing them to give in

1. When Brits left the make sure Asians cannot unite in future, eg: INDIA & CHINA ( McMahon line )
2. Leaving INDIA & CHINA whole Asian part is not stable as Europeans, eg: SK&NK, JAPAN and SK, Taiwan and China, Malaysia and its neighbors and many more!

First step we need to stabilize our own feets, than we can talk abt taking on anyone..

Last edited:

nimo_cn

Country flag
India was ready for friendship with china but it was your govt that started war against us and unity went out of the window as a result of it.

Im sure westerners must have laughed themselves silly as seeing asian giants fighting amongst themselves.
Well, there is a Chinese phrase "求同存异" which is always used at diplomatic occasions, it loosely translates to "seek the common, and ignore the different".

China and India share a very complicated history, we differ with each other on many issues, we can't just solve all of them overnight. It is forseeable that the two will still distrust each other in a near future, but that doesn't mean we should be enemies. Or even if you think China is a enemy of India, let us be pragmatic, there are still fileds in which we can cooperate with each other.

The return of the relics looted by westerners has always been a common wish of all Chinese people, i believe the same feeling is with Indian people and any other people whose country has been through the same horrible thing. Since we have an agreement on this one, why should we let the disgreed get in the way of this promising cooperation?

nimo_cn

Country flag
This is an admission by the British that their museums are warehouses for pillaged goods .
An interesting thing about them is, after they admit that, they can act as if nothing has ever happened. Shameless people.

nimo_cn

Country flag
First, we need to boycott and stop the auction of the looted relics. With regard to this, an international treaty which has force adeffect need to be reached, after that, all the auction of the illegally looted relics will become illegal. Then the relics can't be circulated on the market and will become worthless to the collectors.

nimo_cn

Country flag
Jackie Chan adds to Chinese fury over 'stolen' relic auction

The two sculptures, of a rabbit and a rat, were originally part of a set of 12 bronze fountainheads that were looted from Beijing's Summer Palace during the second Opium War in 1860.

After passing through a succession of owners, they ended up in the collection of Yves Saint Laurent, the late fashion designer. Despite stiff Chinese opposition, and a lengthy legal case, the heads were auctioned for £14 million each.

The sale triggered fierce nationalism in China, where the heads have become a symbol of China's subjugation by colonial powers.

(When we try to demand them to return the stuff looted and stolen by them, them immediately label you as nationalist)
Kung Fu expert Jackie Chan even criticised the auction as announced he was working on a new movie about the theft of cultural relics.

"This behaviour is shameful," he said. "They remain looted items, no matter whom they were sold to. Whoever took it out (of China) is himself a thief. It was looting yesterday. It is still looting today."

China has been forced to spend millions of pounds buying back other parts of its pilfered heritage in recent years. An entire museum in Beijing has been set up to hold repatriated art, including the tiger, monkey, horse, ox and pig heads from the same set.

Stanley Ho, the gambling tycoon, bought several of the other heads and donated them to China. He reported paid £6.5 million to ensure the return of the horse's head from Taiwan.

( Sadly, we have to spend massive money on what actually belong to us)

The identity of the buyer for the rat and rabbit heads has not been disclosed. However, the Chinese government has promised a crack down on Christie's, which it says has repeatedly sold looted art. "In recent years, Christie's has frequently sold cultural heritage items looted or smuggled from China, and all items involved were illegally taken out of the country," the State Administration of Cultural Heritage said. The department said all of Christie's operations in mainland China would be subject to increased checks.
It added that the auction had "harmed the cultural rights and hurt the feelings of China's people and will seriously impact (Christie's)

development in China."

"The State Administration of Cultural Heritage resolutely opposes and condemns all auctions of artefacts illegally taken abroad. Christie's must take responsibility for the consequences created by this auction," it said.

It also warned that it would use all "necessary channels to recover all relics stolen and illegally exported throughout history."

Shortly after the sale, Liu Yang, a Chinese lawyer who spearheaded efforts to have the pieces returned to Beijing, warned that the failure to return the heads would not soothe Franco-Chinese ties, already frayed after Nicholas Sarkozy defied China to meet the Dalai Lama.

"I will not comment on diplomatic relations," he said. "But it will certainly harm relations between the peoples of both countries."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...o-Chinese-fury-over-stolen-relic-auction.html

Last edited:

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Surely the westerners will be very reluctant to give back what they have looted.
Not really, everything has a price.

If we just try to reason with them and beg them to return those relics, they will merely shrug their shoulders and say " sorry, no, can't do". They are still very powerful, and more importantly, they are still as brutal as they used to be.
Pretty much, but not brutal... just broke.

While you are at it, why don't you return all the Indian land you occupy. :emot15:

China alone will not be able to topple them in a near future, and the westerners know it pretty well. In 2009, Chinese tried to stop French from auctioning two bronze statues they plundered from Summer Palace, but failed. If China can ally with other victim countries, we will build a strong alliance, then we can negotiate with them, pushing them to give in
As I recall, that auction was won buy a Chinese delegate whose job it is to recover lost items. That is the only way you will ever get them back.

ajtr

Tihar Jail
Banned
Not really, everything has a price.

Pretty much, but not brutal... just broke.

While you are at it, why don't you return all the Indian land you occupy. :emot15:

As I recall, that auction was won buy a Chinese delegate whose job it is to recover lost items. That is the only way you will ever get them back.
That shows the so called politically correct europeans are morally bankrupt. You made money buy looting the treasures and now u want to make money by selling the same to the rightful owners.In that sense hitler was better person to keep you french under his toes.

pmaitra

We didn't goto england and steal it did we ?
True. However, those were properties of the British Indian Empire, not the Republic of India. The British gave these to India as inheritance, we didn't earn them (remember, India got her freedom through prayer and petition, not by revolution). Similarly, India will also have to give up artifacts like the Burmese Pagoda installed in Kolkata by the British to the rightful owners or the Egyptian mummies in Indian Museum.

Personally, I wouldn't want to return any these but would want the Koh-i-Noor and other looted artifacts back. Yet, one cannot deny that this is a Pandora's Box.

pmaitra

While you are at it, why don't you return all the Indian land you occupy.
Nice one. Not only Indian land, but also territories forcibly occupied or give up claims in Tibet, East Turkestan, Russian Far East, Vietnam, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Vietnam etc..

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
True. However, those were properties of the British Indian Empire, not the Republic of India. The British gave these to India as inheritance, we didn't earn them
Voluntarily giving is not the same as forcibly taking.

Similarly, India will also have to give up artifacts like the Burmese Pagoda installed in Kolkata by the British to the rightful owners or the Egyptian mummies in Indian Museum.
If Burma asks for their pagoda back or Egypt asks for their mummies, I would fully support giving them back to their orginal countries.

However, I doubt either of those items have the same cultural significance (not to mention sheer monetary value) as the Koh-i-Noor diamond.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles