Was there local support for invaders?

AnantS

Country flag
what an Idiot, have u ever studied history as all ?

i guess you are an low iq Austroloid from South.

yes, language of brahmins is sanskrit and we did enforced it on native aadivasis of south. in different form, Prakrit. and no we never Petronised, it was just a show to give native feeling that we are blending. even most of coins were stuck in prakrit as well.kings of both dynesties call themselves Brahmins who migrated from north.

anyway i dont have free time from aadivasi retards. learn history before opening your mouth.
Please that is bullcrap! Brahmins was a very fluidic caste in earlier times. Patit Brahmins were treated as Shudra. While intelligentia from Other class varnas were elevated to Brahmins. The original gotras of Brahmins as mentioned during vedic times were: Gautama, Bharadvaja, Vishvamitra,Jamadagni, Vashishtha, Kashyapa and Shandilya. Today there are tons & tons of other gotras within brahmins. how did they come into being? And arya theory is bullcrap. genetics dont support arya theory.

Ancient Indian

p = np :)
Brahmins are a tribe not a caste, we are vedic people aka Aryans. We conqured, ruled and civilized this land.

Brush up your history.

Also king hemu
You reached your own conclusions. And you are happy with those revelations.

Should we go on and discuss same thing which is already there in many threads?
Please go through other threads.

Zulfiqar Khan

@Zulfiqar Khan
You might have an Hindu ancestry.
What is your view on it?

I am curious about it.
Well past is past; my ancestors may have been Hindus, Zoroastrians, Buddhists, Animists etc...

I don't really have any specific views on it; i'm just happy of my religion and that my ancestors converted to Islam.

India22

Not Zoroastrians. Zoroastrianism was never prevalent in India.

@Peter I suppose you should start your study with R.C. Majumdar's History of Bengal Ancient period.

@Project Dharma yes. I think in Sikhism we can find both reverence and denouncement of Hinduism. Now considering Sikh scriptures were not written by a single person so opinions differ. I have read Bible also there too is huge difference. Btw you can look into sack of Peshawar.

Zulfiqar Khan

Zoroastrianism was aggressively promoted by the Achaemenids; under their reign - Zoroastrianism grew in regions like NWFP and Balochistan.

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
@Project Dharma yes. I think in Sikhism we can find both reverence and denouncement of Hinduism. Now considering Sikh scriptures were not written by a single person so opinions differ. I have read Bible also there too is huge difference.
Sikh scriptures cannot be compared to the Bible which is completely inconsistent and has different versions. Even though scriptures were written by different persons, there is a central theme and we Sikhs believe that all Gurus had the "jot" of Guru Nanak. Regardless of whether as a non Sikh you believe this or not, the central theme is that there is no denouncement of Hinduism. Hindu Gods are exalted but the Gurus say that only Akal should be prayed to. Anyway, we're derailing the thread, I get the point that you wanted to make and agree with it.

AnantS

Country flag
Within hinduisim, you will find criticism of its own philosphies. Hinduisim encouraged debates and varied view points, yet all also emphasized on the fact that all the rivers ultimate aim is to merge into ocean or in other words all religions are pursuing same goal.

@Project Dharma in 1947 there were forced conversions on both side of punjab. Though here on our side it was on very small scale, people were not very enthusiastic about converting muslims because they were considered "fallen" & "weak" people who will ultimately pollute Sikh/Hindu religion

India22

Zoroastrianism was aggressively promoted by the Achaemenids; under their reign - Zoroastrianism grew in regions like NWFP and Balochistan.
They never promoted Zoroastrianism. If they were aggressive in promoting religion, Sumerian religion, Greek Religion and Judaism would be extinct. Same time NWFP and Balochistan were inhabited by Indo-Aryan speakers. Baloch and Pashtun people are recent migrants there. Baloch came from Kurdistan area and Pashtuns expanded with Ghazni raids displacing Dardic people. I dont deny perhaps some Zoroastrians were there, but it was never widespread. Alexander did not find Zoroastrianism in India.

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
@Zulfiqar Khan I know this is off-topic but can you comment on the relationship between Pashtuns and other tribes like Jatts in Pakistan? Do they both look down on each other or do they get along?

Ancient Indian

Well past is past; my ancestors may have been Hindus, Zoroastrians, Buddhists, Animists etc...

I don't really have any specific views on it; i'm just happy of my religion and that my ancestors converted to Islam.
You believe Islam is fulfilling in complete sense?
I never met any Islam spiritual guy in my life.

What can it offer to me in spiritual-wise?
Only thing I noticed is instant justice and immediate resolving of matters.
Where does the spiritual aspect fit into it?

I am not insulting anything here. We never had discussion on this topic before. I really want to know this side of Islam that caters to Spiritual aspirants.

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
@Project Dharma in 1947 there were forced conversions on both side of punjab.
Ah yes 1947, I'm not aware of men being forced to convert to Sikhism/Hinduism on this side although there were "ghar wapsi" ceremonies later to cajole Muslims back into the fold. However, women that were captured from the other side were forcibly married to Sikhs and Hindus and they were converted.

AnantS

Country flag
coming to topic. A
Ah yes 1947, I'm not aware of men being forced to convert to Sikhism/Hinduism on this side although there were "ghar wapsi" ceremonies later to cajole Muslims back into the fold. However, women that were captured from the other side were forcibly married to Sikhs and Hindus and they were converted.
A little ancedote, muslim were mainly tillers on land owned by hindu/sikh in kandi area. In 1947, pressure was intense to kill them/drive them off to Pakistan. Landowners, did not want to loose their cheap labour, so as quick fix heads of muslims shaved off, converted to hindus to pacify mob. After things cooled down , those converted hindus were asked to go back to islam if they wish but with conditions: no masjid will be built, no public azaans will be made, basically they will have to practice religion in quite and in unobtrusive way. All things were good for 40-50 years, untill last decade, when droves of purbiya muslims were settled in those areas under sickularism which upset balance

Last edited:

Ancient Indian

What is your definition of spirituality?
Soul searching, digging the tunnel to reach the other side, experimenting with the available truths.
Doing work in a way that can make you be one with the nature.
Definition varies w.r.t. context.

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
Soul searching, digging the tunnel to reach the other side, experimenting with the available truths.
Doing work in a way that can make you be one with the nature.
Definition varies w.r.t. context.
Thanks - let's wait for Zulfiqar Khan to reply but in terms of one of the above "digging the tunnel to reach the other side", Islam does make its followers follow a set of very rigid rules based on which they are judged in the afterlife so I'd say that it's spiritual in that regard.

Ancient Indian

Thanks - let's wait for Zulfiqar Khan to reply but in terms of one of the above "digging the tunnel to reach the other side", Islam does make its followers follow a set of very rigid rules based on which they are judged in the afterlife so I'd say that it's spiritual in that regard.
That is the problem here.

They follow their rules seriously. But the rules itself are in danger. Every mulla changes these rules according to his whim.
You get the situation?
They won't disregard their rules but the rules can be changed by some mullah. In result, the whole thing becomes big stupidity.
The common abdul will take the burn for all this.

P.S. digging the tunnel :pound:

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag

@Peter I suppose you should start your study with R.C. Majumdar's History of Bengal Ancient period.

@Project Dharma yes. I think in Sikhism we can find both reverence and denouncement of Hinduism. Now considering Sikh scriptures were not written by a single person so opinions differ. I have read Bible also there too is huge difference. Btw you can look into sack of Peshawar.

I have a fair idea of the history of Bengal and of East Bengal particularly as my family is an East Bengali Brahman(Maitra) family from Faridpur district.

As far as the book you have mentioned I will surely try to give it a read.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles