Want to read something funny? Am I Indian or Australian? You decide!

Redhawk

Over on the Pakistan Defence Forum, I have been such a hit in dealing death to the Pakistani posters and toeing the anti-Moslem line that they have convinced themselves that I am an Indian of a nationalist, anti-Pakistani bent residing in Australia and masquerading on PDF as an Australian. Can you believe it? I of course have refuted this at length, saying that if I were an Indian I would say so and that I would not hide my nationality. But as I am an Australian, I am declaring myself as such. Did this convince them? Not a bit! One Pakistani poster who is resident in Australia is even sending me his telephone number so I can ring him to "confirm" or "prove" I am an Australian. This is unbelievable! I expect better here on DFI!

thethinker

Country flag
Re: Want to read something funny? Am I Indian or Australian? You decid

One Pakistani poster who is resident in Australia is even sending me his telephone number so I can ring him to "confirm" or "prove" I am an Australian.
Regardless of who you are, this is not a good idea at all. Remember this is Pakis you are dealing with.

CCP

Over on the Pakistan Defence Forum, I have been such a hit in dealing death to the Pakistani posters and toeing the anti-Moslem line that they have convinced themselves that I am an Indian of a nationalist, anti-Pakistani bent residing in Australia and masquerading on PDF as an Australian. Can you believe it? I of course have refuted this at length, saying that if I were an Indian I would say so and that I would not hide my nationality. But as I am an Australian, I am declaring myself as such. Did this convince them? Not a bit! One Pakistani poster who is resident in Australia is even sending me his telephone number so I can ring him to "confirm" or "prove" I am an Australian. This is unbelievable! I expect better here on DFI!
Well, you are a brown skin "Anglo-Saxon".

thethinker

Country flag

@Redhawk :

Show this to Pakis as an irony

A Punjabi in New York: Juggling multiple identities - Blogs - DAWN.COM

More specifically :lol:

When I arrived in USA, I was wearing a short kurta over a pair of jeans. I believe my subconscious was making a statement – that the kurta represented an effort to retain my Pakistani identity. I was breaking away from my culture but a part of me wanted to hold on to it.

At the same time, I was more cautious about divulging my Pakistani heritage whenever a stranger or an acquaintance asked me where I was from. It made me uncomfortable and I resented the question.

At times I gave a clear answer, "Pakistan." On other occasions, I was evasive.

One reason was that each time I would mention Pakistan, people wanted to share everything they had heard on the evening news or read in a newspaper about Pakistani failings.

Then, the conversation would almost always lead to questions such as:

Is your family safe?
Are you going back there?
There is a war going on there.

... and so on.

I tried to avoid such discussions, but often found myself in the awkward position of apologising for and at the same time defending Pakistan and Muslims.

The more engaging friends, after sharing all their knowledge about the war on terrorism, would ask my opinion as an 'expert'. To simply avoid all these questions, many times I would say I was from India.

It was usually followed by the question, "What part of India are you from?" I responded, "North Punjab!" I was not lying.

My parents immigrated from the Indian Punjab. I am a Punjabi, my mother is from Amritsar and my father's family was connected to Jalandhar.

This became a little more complex when the subject of religion and culture would come up. Over the years, I have worked with many Jewish, Hindu and Christian doctors. Religion, faith and racial background were not problems I encountered in working with professional colleagues. The work environment in the US helped me understand other religions and ethnic perspectives. I believe in the professional world where I worked, I did not feel any prejudice.

Last edited by a moderator:

Redhawk

Well, you are a brown skin "Anglo-Saxon".
I'm a fair white-skinned, grey-eyed, real Anglo-Saxon, so you can forget the quotes.

Redhawk

Regardless of who you are, this is not a good idea at all. Remember this is Pakis you are dealing with.
It's ridiculous. That's what it is.

sob

Mod
Country flag

Well enjoy your stay here.

DingDong

Country flag

Pakistan acts as buffer between us and the volatile regions of Central Asia, why should we change that? Plus any piece of Pakistan land will come to us with Pakistani people and every Indian worth his/her salt will oppose such idea. We will not accept their offer even if they gift themselves to us on a platter. But Pakistan Occupied Kashmir is a different matter, the Indian territory which is under adverse possession of Pakistan since 1948.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

@Redhawk,

You seem to know a lot about India.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

I can relate. I am an Indian, the admins have even confirmed my IP address as coming from one of the Indian cities... yet people here repeatedly call me a pakistani just because I refuse to hate them blindly. So you and I are in the same boat, eh?
There are many Pakistanis who overstay and 'vanish' into the Indian populace and become 'Indian'.

There are many in South India, if you know what I mean.

There are many who come by 'boat' but are you in the same 'boat'?

Redhawk

@Redhawk,

You seem to know a lot about India.
No more than any other interested foreign party, Ray. Being here on DFI has been a big help with knowledgeable people such as yourself. One thread or post or link leads to another then another and so on and then one has a pretty good picture of the history and events of the country and region. The internet is a very good tool for the speedy acquisition of information and knowledge. It's not called the Information Superhighway for nothing!

Redhawk

So you are on that forum too, good. A word of caution, the PM (personal message) feature of that site sends a default copy of the message to the management team of that site.
Ok, ladder, thanks for that. I actually joined PDF before I came here on DFI. It is more rough-and-tumble over on PDF than here, but I learn more here. People like Ray are a big help.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag

Basically, if you're being a civilized and rational human being with a Pakistani, you're labeled "Indian." If you're being so with a non-Paki Muslim, you're labeled "Jew."

Illusive

Country flag

I think its against forum rules to discuss about other forums.
@Redhawk I think the perception of pakistanis is that anybody being anti pak or pro India has to be an Indian. Whats funny for me is see so many Indians on that forum, its an anti India website and we are helping them.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

I think its against forum rules to discuss about other forums.
@Redhawk I think the perception of pakistanis is that anybody being anti pak or pro India has to be an Indian. Whats funny for me is see so many Indians on that forum, its an anti India website and we are helping them.
To be well informed as also learn of contrarion views, one requires to visit fora that are not amenable to one's own viewpoint.

Yes, one should not mention other fora by name.

Illusive

Country flag

To be well informed as also learn of contrarion views, one requires to visit fora that are not amenable to one's own viewpoint.

Yes, one should not mention other fora by name.
Most of the stuff are not related to defence and purely BS and negative stuff of Indian social conditions, its high on religion and trolling. Exposure to such views over a long period of time is not good for young or general Indian viewers.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

Most of the stuff are not related to defence and purely BS and negative stuff of Indian social conditions, its high on religion and trolling. Exposure to such views over a long period of time is not good for young or general Indian viewers.
What you say is right.

But it does indicate the warped mindset that prevails and you can understand how they 'tick'.

And you can give your rejoinder and see their rebuts writhing in pathetic agony.

And it also gets your point of view through even if they are later deleted by the Moderators.

sob

Mod
Country flag

This is the staple diet that they are brought up with, from childhood. It is their in their textbooks.

No elected Government in Pakistan has even tried to address these issues, and then they claim that they are victims in the cycle of violence, that is their own creation.

One just needs to hear people like Najam Sethi , Hussain Nissar to get a correct perspective.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles