Villages across China

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Villages grow into town and then into cities and then into metros, but the Chinese will for propaganda show photos of highly developed cities and towns and pass then off as 'villages'.

And then when you show them genuine Chinese villages, they will say that there are in inaccessible mountains tops or rugged or desolate terrain.

esolve

This is Rajarhat in Calcutta.

Let's call Calcutta, a village, by the Chinese standard of classification.
according to chinese standard, there are around half of the populuation are villagers
accroding to your standard, maybe there are only 20%
and majority of villages in China will be called towns.

esolve

More on Rajarhat of Calcutta, the village (as per your standard)

XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
the first pic and the second pic are fake pics made by computer, you are so interesting and humorous

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
according to chinese standard, there are around half of the populuation are villagers
accroding to your standard, maybe there are only 20%
and majority of villages in China will be called towns.
Didn't say no.

all I said was in China, to showcase, towns and cities are shown as 'villages' to awe all.

Hoax being passed off as reality!

Even Beijing must be a village by Chinese nomenclature when propaganda has to be done.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
the first pic and the second pic are fake pics made by computer, you are so interesting and humorous
If they are fakes, why don't you come over to Calcutta and have a look see?

Since fake is a way of life in China, please do not judge all by your ethics.

Even your towns/cities are fake.

Heard of China's ghost cities?

Seeing is believing.

See this:

Last edited by a moderator:

esolve

Didn't say no.

all I said was in China, to showcase, towns and cities are shown as 'villages' to awe all.

Hoax being passed off as reality!

Even Beijing must be a village by Chinese nomenclature when propaganda has to be done.
you are just funny

although many villagers stops farming, the villages where they live are still with villagers farming. So according to your theory, the government should stop calling these villages as villages so as to escape being called propoganda?

esolve

If they are fakes, why don't you come over to Calcutta and have a look see?

Since fake is a way of life in China, please do not judge all by your ethics.

Even your towns/cities are fake.

Heard of China's ghost cities?

Seeing is believing.

See this:
any human eyes with reasonable brains can recognize the first 2 pics about Calcutta you posted are made by computer
ghost cities are cities built by greedy private companies, these villages are built by villagers and help from the government, different

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
you are just funny

although many villagers stops farming, the villages where they live are still with villagers farming. So according to your theory, the government should stop calling these villages as villages so as to escape being called propoganda?
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.

Truth is funny.

Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth so said Buddha

Here it is

If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything..

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
any human eyes with reasonable brains can recognize the first 2 pics about Calcutta you posted are made by computer
ghost cities are cities built by greedy private companies, these villages are built by villagers and help from the government, different
The photos are not fake since I live in Calcutta and have seen the place.

if you are such a clever tick, tell us how you come to the conclusion that they are fake?

Is it because you feel that all are fakes like you Chinese passing of ghost cities as villages?

It is only robots, with robotic eyes fail to see what human see!

Ping Pong is how robots look at issues.

The Xianxingzhe (Chinese: 先行者) the the first bipedal humanoid robot in China would be more perspective.

Last edited:

esolve

The photos are not fake since I live in Calcutta and have seen the place.

if you are such a clever tick, tell us how you come to the conclusion that they are fake?

Is it because you feel that all are fakes like you Chinese passing of ghost cities as villages?

It is only robots, with robotic eyes fail to see what human see!

Ping Pong is how robots look at issues.

The Xianxingzhe (Chinese: 先行者) the the first bipedal humanoid robot in China would be more perspective.
you can continue your bullshit, anyone who read your post knows what kind of person and logic you are

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
you can continue your bullshit, anyone who read your post knows what kind of person and logic you are
I will follow the advice - "As the sword of the best tempered metal is most flexible, so the truly generous are most pliant and courteous in their behaviour to their inferiors"

I shall remain courteous.

bennedose

I feel a little sad about the Chinese. On another forum (BRF) I have been discussing something called "Western Universalism" where the west dictates certain norms of behaviour like democracy, human rights, poverty levels, minimum wage etc and says that everyone should be like them to be considered equal. In our own naive ways both India and China have fallen for this western strategy. Without going into too much detail India has swallowed the "democracy and human rights" aspects of western universalism even when it is not appropriate. Liek thinking about human rights of terrorists.

China on the other hand has mindlessly internalized and aped the western model of glass and concrete cities and villages artificially created to look like modern day European/American villages. I find the Chinese swelling with ride in displayng their towns and cities that are carbon copies of all that is bad in the west and all that went wrong. Wasteful, power hungry, environment unfriendly masses of urban conctere and glass ugliness.

In fact what both India and China have are "colonized minds". Please Google for the words "cargo cult" and you can see what is being done to blindly ape the west and make it look like "we have arrived" in our own different ways.

Last edited:

kenduffy

I feel a little sad about the Chinese. On another forum (BRF) I have been discussing something called "Western Universalism" where the west dictates certain norms of behaviour like democracy, human rights, poverty levels, minimum wage etc and says that everyone should be like them to be considered equal. In our own naive ways both India and China have fallen for this western strategy. Without going into too much detail India has swallowed the "democracy and human rights" aspects of western universalism even when it is not appropriate. Liek thinking about human rights of terrorists.

China on the other hand has mindlessly internalized and aped the western model of glass and concrete cities and villages artificially created to look like modern day European/American villages. I find the Chinese swelling with ride in displayng their towns and cities that are carbon copies of all that is bad in the west and all that went wrong. Wasteful, power hungry, environment unfriendly masses of urban conctere and glass ugliness.

In fact what both India and China have are "colonized minds". Please Google for the words "cargo cult" and you can see what is being done to blindly ape the west and make it look like "we have arrived" in our own different ways.
can't agree with you.
Freedom and comfortable life are whatever ppl want. modern ppl all hope abundant food, good houses, clothes blabla.

bennedose

can't agree with you
Freedom and comfortable life are whatever ppl want. modern ppl all hope abundant food, good houses, clothes blabla.
I am sure you know what you feel and you know that you disagree with me. What I wonder about is how you know what everyone else wants, and how you know that your idea of "good houses" is exactly the same as what everyone else thinks. If someone disagreed with you, you would not know, because you have already declared that you know what everyone else wants.

This is how the west dictates its ideals to the world
This is how the Chinese communists have borrowed those western ideals and applied it to all Chinese, "knowing that houses and villages like this are good'

This part does not make me sad. It makes me laugh at the irony :rofl:

Reactions: Ray

kenduffy

I am sure you know what you feel and you know that you disagree with me. What I wonder about is how you know what everyone else wants, and how you know that your idea of "good houses" is exactly the same as what everyone else thinks. If someone disagreed with you, you would not know, because you have already declared that you know what everyone else wants.

This is how the west dictates its ideals to the world
This is how the Chinese communists have borrowed those western ideals and applied it to all Chinese, "knowing that houses and villages like this are good'

This part does not make me sad. It makes me laugh at the irony :rofl:

the so-called west is not correct, "modern" is a accurate word.
Due to capitalism and market, companies make things to the taste of human beings.
Western food have come to India and China for a long time, Indians and Chinese don't accept them for daily life.
However, when cars came to India and China, many ppl are willing to use it, coz it is indeed convenient.

Actually, these houses in China are not so like the houses in the west, they are Chinese style modern houses.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
the so-called west is not correct, "modern" is a accurate word.
Due to capitalism and market, companies make things to the taste of human beings.
Western food have come to India and China for a long time, Indians and Chinese don't accept them for daily life.
However, when cars came to India and China, many ppl are willing to use it, coz it is indeed convenient.

Actually, these houses in China are not so like the houses in the west, they are Chinese style modern houses.
'Modern' is not necessarily the what qualifies as the best/ conducive.

The traditional food,clothes etc are slipping off from our minds.Now people are depending on fast food which makes their health in peril and debilitating.Technology also has reduced the interaction with family members. Another problem is the environmental damages like air pollution,water pollution and noise pollution, not to forget what is called 'lifestyle' disease and ailments.

Western food is the most bland and tasteless stuff that one can eat. That is why 'curries' and 'chutneys' are popular in the West.

The modern houses in China are on the same lines as the West, and maybe in some cases, better in amenities.

This is China and not England

amoy

On your 1st para, in fact I personally subscribe to "universal values" which are indeed "universal". They can't be defined as "western" narrowly, though some of them might originate from or be enriched by the west over time. "democracy, human rights, poverty levels, minimum wage" etc. are all good objectives worthy of pursuing. China is still lingering in a primary phase , on the way to achieve these values in full. When the West promotes them in the 3rd world they do have a self-serving agenda sugarcoated within. However, that doesn't negate these values. "Democracy" or "human rights" per se is nothing wrong but of course it can be fulfilled / matured only under certain conditions, gradually. Even Mali claims to be a democracy these days though most of the populace may be illiterate or starving. And those have's usually expect the havenot's to forget "poverty level" or "minimum wages". :p

The 2nd para. on "western model" of material success - It's nothing bad to "photocopy" at the very beginning. In a learning curve the copy-paste (or aping?) phase is just normal and necessary like clumsy baby-steps. One shan't live in denial mode towards backwardness, instead has to keep an open mind to admit the West is the role model when it is ahead of u. Meantime indigenous elements are embodied at the core and gradually learners advance to a more sophisticated and innovative phase, less wasteful , more harmonious with Mother Earth thanks to tech. progress. West or East, it's human nature to seek material comfort.

Unlike Indians, Chinese don't have a "colonized" mind. It was British Raj that cobbled India together and shaped an Indian identity. In contrast the Central-Kingdom complex had been an organic growth for ages, not something imposed by the external. Chinese civilization is reinforced in being accommodating to changes as a pace-setter of its own.

Chinese haven't "arrived" yet!

Last edited:

bennedose

The 2nd para. on "western model" of material success - It's nothing bad to "photocopy" at the very beginning. In a learning curve the copy-paste (or aping?) phase is just normal and necessary like clumsy baby-steps. One shan't live in denial mode towards backwardness, instead has to keep an open mind to admit the West is the role model when it is ahead of u. Meantime indigenous elements are embodied at the core and gradually learners advance to a more sophisticated and innovative phase, less wasteful , more harmonious with Mother Earth thanks to tech. progress. West or East, it's human nature to seek material comfort.

Unlike Indians, Chinese don't have a "colonized" mind.
Nice. So the idea is that Chinese society must first be uprooted to make it conform to the good values of universalism defined by the west. And once they are prosperous and settled, the Chinese will then move on to something greater because, as you say:
indigenous elements are embodied at the core and gradually learners advance to a more sophisticated and innovative phase, less wasteful , more harmonious with Mother Earth thanks to tech. progress
This later bit sounds like a fake sales pitch to me and I would be happy to be told what " indigenous elements are embodied at the core"

In my personal opinion the society that the Chinese are copying are wasteful to the extreme. Following that route has already made China overpopulated and polluted - but your words sound like poetry to me - like the Communist party ballets of the 1960s where the future promised everything benign and beautiful. Easy to be lulled into false delusions.

I think the Chinese are deluding themselves.

Many Indians do have a colonized mind and are beginning to realize it. Looks like the Chinese haven't yet found out. I watch with fascination.

bennedose

I see. And what are the per capita clean water supply requirements for these modern houses. What measures are used to conserve and reuse water, or is the water supply endless. What measures are used in these modern houses for heating or cooling and what environment friendly power sources are being used?

amoy

Nice. So the idea is that Chinese society must first be uprooted to make it conform to the good values of universalism defined by the west. And once they are prosperous and settled, the Chinese will then move on to something greater because, as you say:

This later bit sounds like a fake sales pitch to me and I would be happy to be told what " indigenous elements are embodied at the core"

In my personal opinion the society that the Chinese are copying are wasteful to the extreme. Following that route has already made China overpopulated and polluted - but your words sound like poetry to me - like the Communist party ballets of the 1960s where the future promised everything benign and beautiful. Easy to be lulled into false delusions.

I think the Chinese are deluding themselves.

Many Indians do have a colonized mind and are beginning to realize it. Looks like the Chinese haven't yet found out. I watch with fascination.
I'm glad u take mine as poetry. When u mention CCP "1960s ballets" where the future promised everything benign and beautiful, yeah in the same way, people were shocked Zhou Enlai spoke of "Four Modernization of China" in 1970s :p and Deng said China "would become a developed country by the mid of 21st Century".

Uprooting Chinese society? How? Another fearmongering jibe? I'd like to quote myself that part u didn't quote >>> Chinese civilization is reinforced in being accommodating to changes as a pace-setter of its own.

And " indigenous elements are embodied at the core" -- in order to visualize how it's done I showcase architecture of a universitat building with "indigenous" and "western" styles combined.

China overpopulated and polluted? Another favourite cliche of Indian posters :rofl: when u refuse to look into the fact that India is more populated, and polluted despite not as industrialized.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles