Villages across China

esolve

[video]https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT_YEJkbzL7Zg4aJWw6dU0WGnCC2pza5 J_3Yf4Ol-Xa6NapHulFag[/video]

In a village, what do you expect to find, if not fields?

Skyscrapers?

the pics I post in this thread are with a lot of good houses, which we can watch clearly or closely
while where are the houses in your pics that can be seen clearly or closely?

s002wjh

Country flag
china did pull out hundreds million out of poverty, and has one of the largest economic. however to say china is like that in your photo (esovle) is BS, I went to china and I also has chinese friends/student here in the state, my wife is chinese, will soon to be an american. and yes we discuss alot about china. china per capital is still much lower then rest of developed world, and its not all glory and shinning in china, they did well in past 30yrs, but they still has long way to go.

esolve

china did pull out hundreds million out of poverty, and has one of the largest economic. however to say china is like that in your photo (esovle) is BS, I went to china and I also has chinese friends/student here in the state, my wife is chinese, will soon to be an american. and yes we discuss alot about china. china per capital is still much lower then rest of developed world, and its not all glory and shinning in china, they did well in past 30yrs, but they still has long way to go.
trust me, China is so huge, even Chinese don't really know how fast changes are happening all over China. They only see how fast things are changing in their local areas.

s002wjh

Country flag
trust me, China is so huge, even Chinese don't really know how fast changes are happening all over China. They only see how fast things are changing in their local areas.
yes thing are changing fast there. does not mean people in the rural live like that.

esolve

yes thing are changing fast there. does not mean people in the rural live like that.
I never said all of Chinese villagers live like that
but around 20% or above, and it is changing fast

ordinary villages are like this

poor villages in China are usually due to geography, like inside mountains, places where transport infrastructure is very hard to built
but with the fast urbanization, many poor villages will be deserted

Last edited:

HMS Astute

Lovely villages and detached houses, but shame about the air pollution, though. :shocked:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
the pics I post in this thread are with a lot of good houses, which we can watch clearly or closely
while where are the houses in your pics that can be seen clearly or closely?
well that is how villages are in India.

What you show is small towns.

And where are the fields?

Are there no fields in China with house of farmers of varying wealth?

I find you have shown one with fields but the village houses shown are no patch on what you were earlier showcasing.

That is what is a village.

esolve

well that is how villages are in India.

What you show is small towns.

And where are the fields?

Are there no fields in China with house of farmers of varying wealth?

I find you have shown one with fields but the village houses shown are no patch on what you were earlier showcasing.

That is what is a village.
if you carefully check, there is NEVER ONLY 1 pic with fields.
if you don't trust me
check this link:
中国新农村建设全视野 (万图齐发 长期上图)_台湾风云_天涯论坛

the pics are from the link which shows pics of villages across China
its title is 中国新农村建设全视野, if you read Chinese you know 农村 is village

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
if you carefully check, there is NEVER ONLY 1 pic with fields.
if you don't trust me
check this link:
中国新农村建设全视野 (万图齐发 长期上图)_台湾风云_天涯论坛

the pics are from the link which shows pics of villages across China
its title is 中国新农村建设全视野, if you read Chinese you know 农村 is village
\
Buildings do not indicate village/ town.

Buildings with fields indicate so.

A farmer would have his house on his land and not live in row houses away from his fields!

Would he also keep his livestock in his row house?

His granary would also be in the row house/ mansion?

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Chinese villages

Bird's Eye View of Ma'an

Ma'an is conveniently located only a few hours by bus from Guilin, and makes for an easy overnight trip outside the city.

Dong village in southern China

Village streets. Baisha, Yunnan, China

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

Streets houses village oldtown

This is the heart of the town which once served as the most important hub on the Ancient Tea Horse Road. Since the Ming Dynasty, merchants from the four corners of China and beyond have stayed here, bringing with them their own unique cultures. The street has been the center of cultural an economic exchanges in Lijiang for several hundred years.
During the early years of the Yuan dynasty, about 1000 families inhabited Lijiang Ancient Town. The town continued to grow and reached its peak during the Ming (1368-1644) and Qing (1644-1911) Dynasties.

Square Street is in the core of Lijiang, with the entire city spreading out in all directions from that point. Most of the dwellings are structures made of brick and wood with carved doors and painted windows. In order to conserve the structures and maintain the integrity of the buildings, no motorized transport is allowed inside the city and the only wheeled vehicles permitted within the old town are bicycles and carts.

esolve

\
Buildings do not indicate village/ town.

Buildings with fields indicate so.

A farmer would have his house on his land and not live in row houses away from his fields!

Would he also keep his livestock in his row house?

His granary would also be in the row house/ mansion?
they have fields away from their houses, like this one

but you can also say some of these villages are transformed to towns, but in China they are still called villages/villagers.

esolve

Chinese villages

Bird's Eye View of Ma'an

Ma'an is conveniently located only a few hours by bus from Guilin, and makes for an easy overnight trip outside the city.

Dong village in southern China

Village streets. Baisha, Yunnan, China
First, I said not all Chinese villages are as shown in the pics, I said around 20%.
second, there are still some villages are very poor, but not the majority
third, the pics you show here are old pics, history pics, while I have told you China is developing in a fast speed that most ppl outside China couldn't imagine. If you check the pics, one pic is with the year "2002", already 12 year!!!

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
First, I said not all Chinese villages are as shown in the pics, I said around 20%.
second, there are still some villages are very poor, but not the majority
third, the pics you show here are old pics, history pics, while I have told you China is developing in a fast speed that most ppl outside China couldn't imagine. If you check the pics, one pic is with the year "2002", already 12 year!!!
So, why can't you show us all, all types of Chinese villages, so that we learn and are not duped with false imagery.

So, if they are old pictures, as you claim, just show us the new pictures of the same place.

Is the whole of the US representative of New York's skyscrapers?

It will be daft if someone showed skyscrapers of NY and claimed that is USA!

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
they have fields away from their houses, like this one

but you can also say some of these villages are transformed to towns, but in China they are still called villages/villagers.
OK.

Delhi was a village, so was Calcutta, Bombay and the whole lot of cities in India.

And so they are representative of villages, right?

If the 'villages' of China have become towns, they can't be shown as villages.

The earliest remains of hominid habitation in Beijing Municipality were found in the caves of Dragon Bone Hill near the village of Zhoukoudian in Fangshan District.

So, is it a city or an enlarged cave of the Dragon Bone Hill?

Last edited:

esolve

OK.

Delhi was a village, so was Calcutta, Bombay and the whole lot of cities in India.

The earliest remains of hominid habitation in Beijing Municipality were found in the caves of Dragon Bone Hill near the village of Zhoukoudian in Fangshan District.

In those villages which I say you might call them town, the residents still have land and some of them still grow food/vegetables, so how do you call those villages?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

Beijing District Map

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
OK.

In those villages which I say you might call them town, the residents still have land and some of them still grow food/vegetables, so how do you call those villages?
This is Rajarhat in Calcutta.

Let's call Calcutta, a village, by the Chinese standard of classification.

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
More on Rajarhat of Calcutta, the village (as per your standard)

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles