Vietnam 'upsets' Chinese public, Global Times

JAYRAM

2 STRIKE CORPS
Global Times | June 21, 2011 04:36

A Chinese analyst said Monday that Vietnam's actions in the South China Sea had upset the Chinese people.
According to an online survey conducted Monday by the Global Poll Center under the Global Times, nearly 86 percent of more than 13,000 respondents cited negative feelings toward Vietnam concerning the South China Sea.

Zhuang Guotu, director of Southeast Asian Studies at Xiamen University, told the Global Times that the issue is driving a wedge between people in China and Vietnam.

However, Chinese people need to show restraint, since maintaining good relations with neighbors is in China's interest, he said, adding that Vietnam needs to actively ease tensions and respect the Declaration of Conduct of Parties in the South China Sea.

Vietnam and China have held separate live-fire military exercises in the area after Hanoi accused Chinese ships of ramming one oil survey ship.

Monday, Singapore called on China to clarify its territorial claims in the South China Sea, saying Beijing's "ambiguity" was causing international concern.

In a statement, Singapore's foreign ministry said, "We think it is in China's own interests to clarify its claims in the South China Sea with more precision as the current ambiguity as to their extent has caused serious concerns in the international maritime community," AFP reported Monday.

It added that Singapore does not have various territorial claims in the South China Sea, but "as a major trading nation, it has a critical interest in anything affecting freedom of navigation in all international sea lanes, including those in the area."

Zhuang said that Singapore's declaration showed that it sided with the US on the issue, aiming to guarantee its freedom of navigation in the South China Sea. As an external force bearing on the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN), the US aims to balance China's influence in the Asia-Pacific region.

Singapore hopes to represent ASEAN and wants China to recognize it as a regional leader. These tensions brought an opportunity for Singapore to achieve this purpose, added Zhuang.

Singapore's statement came after a series of anti-China protests in Vietnam and live-fire drills by the Vietnamese navy last week.
However, China has made it clear that it has indisputable sovereignty over the Nansha Islands and Xisha Islands and their adjacent waters in the South China Sea.

Singapore realizes that China's good relationships with other ASEAN nations will negatively impact Singapore's standing, and so it will not stop others from countering China's influence, Zhuang told the Global Times.

Vietnam 'upsets' Chinese public

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
China has upset Vietnam and the world.

Adux

Country flag
We need to invent some ancient maps and claim all of the places influenced, directly or indirectly controlled by any territory, Tibet and China should also be claimed as our territories.

aramsogo

We need to invent some ancient maps and claim all of the places influenced, directly or indirectly controlled by any territory, Tibet and China should also be claimed as our territories.
I think history has shown that you can claim anything you want as long as you have the military might to back it up. North America, Palestine, & Tibet are all living testament to that fact. I, for one, think there's enough talk already and look forward to some fireworks.

Adux

Country flag
I think history has shown that you can claim anything you want as long as you have the military might to back it up. North America, Palestine, & Tibet are all living testament to that fact. I, for one, think there's enough talk already and look forward to some fireworks.
I am all for fireworks, There is a need to make some glassbowls in Beijing and Shang Hai

Using Chinese justification on their illegal hold over other lands, India has a better claim on Tibet and even China (Buddhism), Afghanistan, Pakistan and half of Iran ( Mauryan Empire), Sri Lanka, Malayasia, Indoensia, Burma, Bangladesh, (Chola Empire)

Mauryan Empire

The True India, the real truth not chicom version of it.

nimo_cn

Country flag
I am all for fireworks, There is a need to make some glassbowls in Beijing and Shang Hai

Using Chinese justification on their illegal hold over other lands, India has a better claim on Tibet and even China (Buddhism), Afghanistan, Pakistan and half of Iran ( Mauryan Empire), Sri Lanka, Malayasia, Indoensia, Burma, Bangladesh, (Chola Empire)

Mauryan Empire

lol, I applaud you for this!

I hope professor Ray may share his research on this with us.

By the way, you may also claim Korea and Japan, both are deeply influenced by Buddhism.

Last edited:

bhramos

Country flag
lol, I applaud you for this!

I hope professor Ray may share his research on this with us.

By the way, you may also claim Korea and Japan, both are deeply influenced by Buddhism.
Except the Last Pic, what ever Adux said was true, its same based on chinese claim of territories based on history,

nimo_cn

Country flag
Except the Last Pic, what ever Adux said was true, its same based on chinese claim of territories based on history,
Well, the legitimacy of the first two aside, how could you ignore the third picture, which is the most noticeable one?

And how about these words

India has a better claim on Tibet and even China (Buddhism), Afghanistan, Pakistan and half of Iran ( Mauryan Empire), Sri Lanka, Malayasia, Indoensia, Burma, Bangladesh, (Chola Empire)

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
I think Adux was making a parody on China's habit of basing territorial claims on bullshit history and poorly drawn "historical" maps.

nimo_cn

Country flag
I think Adux was making a parody on China's habit of basing territorial claims on bullshit history and poorly drawn "historical" maps.
By claiming Tibet and even China (Buddhism), Afghanistan, Pakistan and half of Iran ( Mauryan Empire), Sri Lanka, Malayasia, Indoensia, Burma, Bangladesh, (Chola Empire)?

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Did they upset Chinese public or the CCP establishment?.

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
self delete .....................................

Last edited:

aramsogo

Like I said, you can claim anything you want as long as you have the military might to back it up. Israel is based off a 2,000 year old map, but they won all their wars so that claim is legit. Same for Tibet. Tibet tried to break free of China in the 2nd Sino-Japenese War but Chiang Kai-Shek's Muslim army put down that rebellion. Mao's army would do the same 20 years later.

As for making glass in Beijing and Shanghai, you can certainly try. You have a few primitive long range missiles that may or may not reach the population centers on China's east coast. Thanks to Chiang and Mao retaining Tibet, China has thousands of intermediate and short range and cruise missile that can make glass too in all the population centers. In this game, might does make right.

Mauryan Empire

debasree

Country flag
chineese peoples are upset by vietnam,but they r only reacting,the true curlprite is china,whoose aggrecive patroling of south china sea start the whole problem.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
By claiming Tibet and even China (Buddhism), Afghanistan, Pakistan and half of Iran ( Mauryan Empire), Sri Lanka, Malayasia, Indoensia, Burma, Bangladesh, (Chola Empire)?
Yes, it was meant to be a spoof of equally laughable territorial claims that come from Beijing in real life.

Adux

Country flag
Like I said, you can claim anything you want as long as you have the military might to back it up. Israel is based off a 2,000 year old map, but they won all their wars so that claim is legit. Same for Tibet. Tibet tried to break free of China in the 2nd Sino-Japenese War but Chiang Kai-Shek's Muslim army put down that rebellion. Mao's army would do the same 20 years later

Son,

You got extremely, and I mean extremely lucky, that one of the greatest armies in the world, that is the British Indian Army was preoccupied and shackled by one of the worlds pacifist leaders this world has ever seen. Otherwise those battle hardened troops who actually defeated the japanese troops unlike you lot who got raped and plundered, would have ripped you a new one, if they been allowed to go into Tibet in 1950. So thank your effin Mao's Stars for your sheer luck.

As for making glass in Beijing and Shanghai, you can certainly try. You have a few primitive long range missiles that may or may not reach the population centers on China's east coast. Thanks to Chiang and Mao retaining Tibet, China has thousands of intermediate and short range and cruise missile that can make glass too in all the population centers. In this game, might does make right.
India is far ahead of you chicoms when it comes to Rocketry and Guidance. Unlike you, we dont buy or steal from the Russians. And also we have access to the very best in the world from the western side too. While you dont. Primitive my ass, We have more than 120 nukes dedicated for you lot. We might go down, but we are taking you with us to the damn stone age. And I love the way you are annoying your neighbors, unlike us where we have puny Sri lanka, Bangladesh,Pakistan and Nepal. You have United States of America, South Korea, Japan, Taiwan, and Vietnam, Boy Vietnam, if you thought they gave you a special hiding last time around, wait for us. Your balls are going to be so squeezed this time around, the Opium Spheres of Influence will look like Picnic.You got lucky once, and retreated before we came back to give you nice tight slap. Cheapshots as usual chicoms.

huaxia rox

Son,

You got extremely, and I mean extremely lucky, that one of the greatest armies in the world, that is the British Indian Army was preoccupied and shackled by one of the worlds pacifist leaders this world has ever seen. Otherwise those battle hardened troops who actually defeated the japanese troops unlike you lot who got raped and plundered, would have ripped you a new one, if they been allowed to go into Tibet in 1950. So thank your effin Mao's Stars for your sheer luck.

India is far ahead of you chicoms when it comes to Rocketry and Guidance. Unlike you, we dont buy or steal from the Russians. And also we have access to the very best in the world from the western side too. While you dont. Primitive my ass, We have more than 120 nukes dedicated for you lot. We might go down, but we are taking you with us to the damn stone age. And I love the way you are annoying your neighbors, unlike us where we have puny Sri lanka, Bangladesh,Pakistan and Nepal. You have United States of America, South Korea, Japan, Taiwan, and Vietnam, Boy Vietnam, if you thought they gave you a special hiding last time around, wait for us. Your balls are going to be so squeezed this time around, the Opium Spheres of Influence will look like Picnic.You got lucky once, and retreated before we came back to give you nice tight slap. Cheapshots as usual chicoms.
well u ve gone too far away (u still on the earth?) from what is the real world so i cant help on this post but try to ask u some questions.

1 u claim tibet or china ur territories? .....rofl....make sure ur punjab... each of ur seven sister states in ur NE or ur kashmir stay in india otherwise they wont be urs as u think as if what ur former master the UK did can always be that way....then u go for chinas lands.

2 yes the japanese did terrible things to chinese and invaded us. they killed our innocent people and raped many chinese women but the important thing is china....as a nation in whole....never surrenderred ourselves to japan. we fought as much as we can and the japanese finally surrenderred( to the gov of KMT which represented china in 1945)....but what did u people do when britishes went to india......u just became the biggest colony....and which troops of u defeated japan???while the PLA took care of the british troops in the korea war as easy as i cant inmage.

3 u claim india would control tibet if u sent ur troops to tibet letting the PLA no chances to take it back..........well didnt u do what u were just saying in 1962??? how did that go might i ask???

4 u claim 'India is far ahead of' chinas 'Rocketry and Guidance'.....i simply dont know what to say......u really got me on this 1.........anyway which rocket r u referring to? civil ones like SLV or ASLV or GSLV....should i bother to show u ur rosy history of launching them? anyway ur PSLV is ok indeed....but still not better than any of our long march rocket......and when it comes to ballistic missiles.......do i need to comapre any of urs to ours?? i m sure u will say something like our Agnil-5 will cover all ur chinese lands and bomb u to stone age.............yes....u always 'will' but we always can NOW........see the differences here?

5 'have United States of America, South Korea, Japan, Taiwan, and Vietnam, Boy Vietnam, if you thought they gave you a special hiding last time around, wait for us.'........well if u ask me...we ONLY have the US.........all the other ones can be handled very easily if the US were not there........and on the other hand.....yes....india with 1.2 billion people and the fast growing economy is the 1 that has potential to be something we should pay attention on esp in the future.........

Adux

Country flag
well u ve gone too far away (u still on the earth?) from what is the real world so i cant help on this post but try to ask u some questions.
Still earning your 2 Yuan/day from CPC! Good Chewtoy Chicom

1 u claim tibet or china ur territories? .....rofl....make sure ur punjab... each of ur seven sister states in ur NE or ur kashmir stay in india otherwise they wont be urs as u think as if what ur former master the UK did can always be that way....then u go for chinas lands.
English, Dude. English, Learn to write properly. Atleast our former master's were civilized people, unlike you lot. Tibet is our territory like it or not, Tibetians hate you fvcking heads. Maybe we should buy some nukes from pakistan and give it to Tibetians and vietnam, not to mention Taiwan.

2 yes the japanese did terrible things to chinese and invaded us. they killed our innocent people and raped many chinese women but the important thing is china....as a nation in whole....never surrenderred ourselves to japan. we fought as much as we can and the japanese finally surrenderred( to the gov of KMT which represented china in 1945)....but what did u people do when britishes went to india......u just became the biggest colony....and which troops of u defeated japan???while the PLA took care of the british troops in the korea war as easy as i cant inmage.
Japanese fucked you and they left because you were off no good use to them when US was killing them near their country, we killed them like flies in Burma and Indo China, We fucked rommel in Africa. We were the greatest Army in World War II, British Indian Army suffered the greatest casuality and got the most difficult of victory. You are a useless Army, who just sends their soldiers as human waves to be killed, mostly by the Vietnamese.

PLA took care of shit in Korea, they just stopped because of Soviet Union. What did Vietnam do again! You were the biggest colony, look at the sheer size of western posts, and sphere's of influence. Heck, You were worse than a Colony, Opium filled.

3 u claim india would control tibet if u sent ur troops to tibet letting the PLA no chances to take it back..........well didnt u do what u were just saying in 1962??? how did that go might i ask???
Something you dont know, check nathu la incident, What happened in 1962, You retreated from our land, before we came for you. Scared Cowards, couldnt stay and fight. Thank your lucky stars, we had a commie , chicom lover defense minister who basically didnt allow us to use the damn airforce. Couldnt fight, so you basically left. Cowards.

4 u claim 'India is far ahead of' chinas 'Rocketry and Guidance'.....i simply dont know what to say......u really got me on this 1.........anyway which rocket r u referring to? civil ones like SLV or ASLV or GSLV....should i bother to show u ur rosy history of launching them? anyway ur PSLV is ok indeed....but still not better than any of our long march rocket......and when it comes to ballistic missiles.......do i need to comapre any of urs to ours?? i m sure u will say something like our Agnil-5 will cover all ur chinese lands and bomb u to stone age.............yes....u always 'will' but we always can NOW........see the differences here?
You little twit, you dont know about your failures because CCP doesnt show them to you. LIKE THIS YouTube - ‪Long March 3B Accident‬‏

And Look at our Weapons Load on Agni- 3, We have the same loadout as DF-31A, What does that tell you. You are such dumb twit arent you. At Normal Load out Agni-3 would exceed 6000 Kilometers. We could make GLASS BOWLS OUT OF CHINA, anytime now!

Agni 3 - Weight 48,000 kg[3]
Length 17 m[4]
Diameter 2.0 m[4]
Warhead Strategic nuclear (~15 KT to ~250 KT[~2,000Kg-~2,500Kg])
Engine Two stage solid propellant engine
Wingspan Unknown
Operational
range 3,500 km - 5,500 km
Flight altitude > 350 km
Speed 5-6 km/s (Agni-II)[5]
Guidance
system Ring Laser Gyro- INS (Inertial Navigation System), optionally augmented by GPS terminal guidance with possible radar scene correlation
Launch
platform 8 x 8 TELAR (Transporter erector launcher) Rail Mobile Launcher

DF-21

Weight 14,700 kilograms (32,000 lb)
Length 10.7 metres (35 ft)
Diameter 1.4 metres (4.6 ft)
Warhead 1, or 5-6 (improved variant)[5] 200-300-500 KT[6]
Engine Solid fueled
Wingspan ?
Operational
range 2,150 kilometres (1,340 mi) (DF-21)[2]
2,700 kilometres (1,700 mi) (DF-21A)
1,700 kilometres (1,100 mi) (DF-21C)
3,000 kilometres (1,900 mi) (DF-21D ASBM)[3]
Flight altitude ?
Speed Mach 10[1]
Guidance
system Inertial + terminal radar guidance [4]
Launch
platform Mobile launcher or silo

DF-31A

Weight 42 t (41 LT; 46 ST)
Length 13 m (42 ft 8 in)
Diameter 2.25 m (7 ft 5 in)
Warhead 1 Nuclear @ 1 MT or 3 Nuclear (DF-31A) @ 20, 90, or 150 kt each with MaRVs
Engine Solid fueled
Operational
range 7,200–8,000 km (4,500–5,000 mi) (DF-31)[1][2]
11,200–12,000 km (7,000–7,500 mi) (DF-31A)[2][3]
Guidance
system Inertial + stellar update
Launch
platform Silo, 8 axle TEL

STILL DONT GET IT, INDIANS TRICKED YOU!!!!!

5 'have United States of America, South Korea, Japan, Taiwan, and Vietnam, Boy Vietnam, if you thought they gave you a special hiding last time around, wait for us.'........well if u ask me...we ONLY have the US.........all the other ones can be handled very easily if the US were not there........and on the other hand.....yes....india with 1.2 billion people and the fast growing economy is the 1 that has potential to be something we should pay attention on esp in the future........
You idiot, you are uniting all of them together, Japan and South Korea have started talking, Vietnam fucking Vietnam is asking US and Indian Help. Australia is on board. There is an alliance being formed against you, and we will fvck you with the biggest stick possible. We can send you to the stone age now.

Last edited:

aramsogo

Adux, you are taking this much too personally. CHILL. I don't have time to respond to your long rant, so I'll only address the lowest hanging fruit.

1. "Greatest army in the world, British Indian Army". You mean the one that surrendered to the Japanese in Singapore in a week and then 30,000 out of 40,000 defected to the Japanese side?? You mean those guys????? Just checking.

2. In ballistic missile tech, Indian is a good 20 years behind China. China had it's first deployed ICBM 30 years ago capable of 10,000+ km. India won't even test a 5,000+ MRBM until the end of this year. It's probably years from actual deployment.

Adux

Country flag
Adux, you are taking this much too personally. CHILL. I don't have time to respond to your long rant, so I'll only address the lowest hanging fruit.
I have a hardon for condescending chicoms, I really like to fvck their delusions of grandeur.

1. "Greatest army in the world, British Indian Army". You mean the one that surrendered to the Japanese in Singapore in a week and then 30,000 out of 40,000 defected to the Japanese side?? You mean those guys????? Just checking.
40,000 which was less than 200% of the total contigent in Singapore, British Contigent. 30,000 Joined to fvck the British over.

2. In ballistic missile tech, Indian is a good 20 years behind China. China had it's first deployed ICBM 30 years ago capable of 10,000+ km. India won't even test a 5,000+ MRBM until the end of this year. It's probably years from actual deployment
China said they had an ICBM, they tricked the Soviets once with that, But you never had them. India already has a weapon of 6000 Kilometers, if you know how to analyze a missile properly, do check Agni-3 again. Agni-5 is a true blue ICBM. Agni-3 is already Operationalized. Wether it is now, or 3 years, You all are still fvcked. While we make alliances with actually successful countries, than some islamic fundo's or tinpot african idiots, also we fuel your tiny Tibet revolutions as long as we have Tibet Government in Exile.

I love idiotic chicoms.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles