Vietnam refuses to stamp new Chinese passports

s002wjh

Country flag
Interestingly, China did not include in their map the islands it is claiming against Japan... chicken against a real match..? :rolleyes:

you ever think its because the passport was design before the diaoyu/senkyu incident. china want to keep the status quo between japan/china, which they were agree upon in the 70's. i'm sure if they knew now what they know before, they will put that island on the passport. compare put a few more dots on the map vs sending tons patrol ship to diaoyu island, which one is more bolder.

s002wjh

Country flag
Interestingly, China did not include in their map the islands it is claiming against Japan... chicken against a real match..? :rolleyes:
maybe because the passport was design before the diaoyu/senkyu incident. china want to keep the status quo between japan/china, which they were agree upon in the 70's. i'm sure if they knew now what they know before, they will put that island on the passport. compare putting few more dots on the map vs sending tons patrol ship to diaoyu island, which one is more bolder.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
kind like phillippine name the south china sea into west phillippine sea :thumb:
Like the Persian Gulf is Arab Gulf!

And Nathu Singh and Prem Singh both are the same things! :pound:

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
I am no expert, but the manner in which China is approaching her foreign policy with the neighbours is indeed real baffling!
may i offer a solution to the bafflement ? dragon firmly believes ( rightly or incorrectly ) that they have the physical means to enforce what they have claimed and that the anger and indignation of the asean countries is of little consequence ....after all ( from china point of view ) what can they do ??

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
you ever think its because the passport was design before the diaoyu/senkyu incident. china want to keep the status quo between japan/china, which they were agree upon in the 70's. i'm sure if they knew now what they know before, they will put that island on the passport. compare put a few more dots on the map vs sending tons patrol ship to diaoyu island, which one is more bolder.

Convenient excuse... But looking at that passport there's no telling when it was designed. Anyway, that passport is to date the biggest diplomatic blunder of China. Now the ugly Chinese head is out in the open, formally.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
may i offer a solution to the bafflement ? dragon firmly believes ( rightly or incorrectly ) that they have the physical means to enforce what they have claimed and that the anger and indignation of the asean countries is of little consequence ....after all ( from china point of view ) what can they do ??
That is their belief.

The world has changed.

This time around they have spooked too many along the SCS and so the environment is different.

They will push all into the warm embrace of the US and then........

Thai

In this turn, Passport is the new way to express the ambition of China... because it's too big so it must to be shared for every chinese citizen to take it ! Just Pekin authority can imagine such this game !

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
That is their belief.The world has changed.This time around they have spooked too many along the SCS and so the environment is different.
They will push all into the warm embrace of the US and then........
i wholeheartedly agree with you on your above and may i add just one point further to what you wrote and indeed in the same flow ?

it is that :- "THEIR" belief-system ( in their military industrial complex , their military- governmental elite ) is that they ARE ABLE TO TAKE ON THE USA plus all asean countries combined ........ again rightly or incorrectly , nevertheless that is their belief

they have this pride that as they can manufacture "ANYTHING" , so nothing is impossible for them .... rather inflated you might say , but that it is !

now - how will this play out in reality ? - dragon WILL NOT BACK DOWN - we are gonna see the SCS as THE MAJOR conflict zone of the future and dragon-japan as #2 ....arunachal and all that is #3, and still a possibility though, if we let our guard down

that is why i disagreed with the Thread that scientists believe the indian region to be the main war possibility

NO it has been replaced by the SCS ..

Last edited:

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
It's nouveau riche mentality. They think that with their new riches they're invincible. That's what they think...

blank_quest

Country flag
i wholeheartedly agree with you on your above and may i add just one point further to what you wrote and indeed in the same flow ?

it is that :- "THEIR" belief-system ( in their military industrial complex , their military- governmental elite ) is that they ARE ABLE TO TAKE ON THE USA plus all asean countries combined ........ again rightly or incorrectly , nevertheless that is their belief

they have this pride that as they can manufacture "ANYTHING" , so nothing is impossible for them .... rather inflated you might say , but that it is !

now - how will this play out in reality ? - dragon WILL NOT BACK DOWN - we are gonna see the SCS as THE MAJOR conflict zone of the future and dragon-japan as #2 ....arunachal and all that is #3, and still a possibility though, if we let our guard down

that is why i disagreed with the Thread that scientists believe the indian region to be the main war possibility

NO it has been replaced by the SCS ..
SCS has possibility of uninterrupted Oil production for 45 years. This problem will only increase with the time passing. Mexico has also discovered a major possible Oil resource. India must use PPP companies to engage with all these regions or it will loose the ground.:scared1::sad:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles