Vietnam People's Army Pictures

amoy

Vietnam holds military parade to mark Dien Bien Phu victory — TalkVietnam
A procession with the participation of representatives from the 54 ethnic groups living in Vietnam, local farmers and workers was also organized at the sports ground.

"Dien Bien Phu is an eternal resplendent milestone in the country's history," president Truong Tan Sang stated at the event, which was broadcast live on national TV channel VTV3.

From early May 7, a high-profile government delegation led by the General Secretary of the Communist Party Nguyen Phu Trong placed wreaths and burned incense in honor of the battle's fallen soldiers at the A1 Hill Martyrs Cemetery in Dien Bien Phu City, the provincial capital.

rockey 71

Thank you. Reminds us of our war against Pak occupation forces.

AVERAGE INDIAN

EXORCIST
Country flag

An engineering technician in Hue has created a remote controlled submarine that he hopes could be used for exploration tasks.
Le Nga said he spent nearly two years on making the remotely operated underwater vehicle, commonly referred to as an ROV.
He finished it late last year and successfully launched it down the Perfume River, after several test runs at local swimming pools.
“It was a lot of work to do alone, but it satisfied my curiosity. I got to focus on each single detail, each part until I put together a complete sub.”
The mini-submarine weighs 120 kilograms and is 2.7 meters long, with the body made from cooking gas cylinders of five centimeters thick.
Nga used the engine and controller often seen in model aircraft for his sub.
The 50-year-old works for a beer factory in Hue and is a member of the local model aircraft club.
His mini-sub has a camera at the head and a propeller at the tail that rotates at 10,000 rounds per minute to push it forward.
Mini sub, big plan
Nga said he is still perfecting his remote control and thus is only confident letting the sub dive three meters deep.
He also plans to install a GPS device on the sub and a system to deliver warning signals in case of accidents.
“When the sub works better, I’ll have it dive deeper in rivers and lakes to shoot images… I’ll invite some scientists and officials over for a presentation,” he said.

Russia has delivered Vietnam Geographic Information System (GIS) "Horizon" for coastal missile complex "Bastion" said Tass source in the military-technical cooperation.

AVERAGE INDIAN

EXORCIST
Country flag

The company Aero Vodochody aircraft and company Draken International (USA) has launched the upgrade package combat training aircraft L-39 jet.

Journal Airrecognition said aircraft manufacturer Aero Vodochody of the Czech Republic and the US company Draken International Cooperation have jointly launched the next upgrade package for line training aircraft L-39 capital by Aero Vodochody development since the late 1960s.

Draken International is one of the US defense company specializing in providing technical assistance, maintenance and repair of aviation to fly combat aircraft or train used in the US.

The latest upgrade transformers L-39, also known as L-39NG allows owners of the L-39 was active in the US can be comprehensively modernized. With significantly enhanced performance of the aircraft as well as improve safety for the L-39 life expectancy has more than 40 years.

Programme L-39NG upgrade adds to this antiquated aircraft technologies most advanced aviation. Most prominent is still equipping L-39NG jet engines Williams International FJ44-4M help it can improve the speed of flight, and the scope of activities as well as the stability of the aircraft when operated continuously.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles