Vietnam People's Army Pictures

coccafedang

For years, for some reasons, pictures of Viet Nam's People Army (VPA) don't appear regularly, while other armies often PR their images. I open this thread in oder to introduce to you images of VPA after 1995. Because of lacking sources, most pictures here are low quality, low resolution, or just scanned... But I hope you ẹnoy them!
First, pictures of General Giap, big brother - founder of VPA...

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional

This training is good for propaganda, bad for soldier. In other photos, where do the kevlar helmets come from?

coccafedang

He he, in fact, this is not a progapanda picture. This is a basic training of Dac cong. "Cross the barbed wire". Dac cong often attacks in midnight. In the past, a lot of US airports, US barracks, ... were raid by Dac cong, with these actions, though US soldiers got dogs, swans, Claymore mine and thermal Binoculars...

coccafedang

about the kevlar helmet: some come from NATO (in programme of clearing mines), some come from Russia, but most of them are indigenous products...
Viet Nam now can produce kevlar helmet, kevlar vest...

coccafedang

coccafedang

What rifles are those.I see a large GAS PISTON. Can't be a m-16 can it ?
================
Yes, these are CAR-15... Carbine version oF M-16/AR-15, for commandos, after VN war VN had some dozen thousands oF this gun... They repaired, improved them, and now they call M-18...

SPIEZ

Country flag
================
Yes, these are CAR-15... Carbine version oF M-16/AR-15, for commandos, after VN war VN had some dozen thousands oF this gun... They repaired, improved them, and now they call M-18...
Huge gas tubes. can have two pistons inside LOL

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
He he, in fact, this is not a progapanda picture. This is a basic training of Dac cong. "Cross the barbed wire". Dac cong often attacks in midnight.
Crossing razor wire barefoot and barelegged at night... they really need ladders. Do the have ladders?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles