Video: egyptian army here...

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
What about the airforce ?

I dont think the arabs know how to fight modern wars...going by the track record in the past 50-100 years.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Lols... everyone knows Arabs can't fight. How many times Egypt got her ass beat by Western powers, how many times by Israel in modern war? Like every time...

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
The Egyptians organised what was probably the world's first army around 3000 B.C. during the Old Kingdom.

Unfortunately, judging by recent conflicts, their tactics haven't improved much since then.

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
Lols... everyone knows Arabs can't fight. How many times Egypt got her ass beat by Western powers, how many times by Israel in modern war? Like every time...
Guy, everyone knows the French can't fight either.

ahmedfire

hahahaha
u guys are so funny,,made me laugh to die

first of all,thread about egyptian army not all arabs,it's completly different ,egyptians is the best of arabs by far in that field...actually in most fields...

ladies and gentlemen,every country try to save her national security by any ways,
with egypt as exaple,we find israel her first enemy,we all know that israel army is strong,,so your wards that describe egyptians can't fight is silly guys,,so silly...wow i forogt ,who beated israel and america asses in 73 war ,,how could amig 21 beat aphantom !!! how could T-55 and T-54 destroy T-60 and centurion ?!! wow seems we are just lucky and can't fight
how could egyptians destroyed the Barlief Line that was described by military experts as unparalleled in military history and ended the lie that Israel had an invincible army

On the 6th of October, the Egyptian Air Force bombed all command and strategic Israeli targets in Sinai using 240 planes. In the ensuing confrontation, the Egyptians brought down 50 Israeli planes in three days — this was never admitted by Israel. The Egyptian Air Force also destroyed or damaged around a quarter of the Israeli Air Force during the war... The second and third armies then crossed the Suez Canal and broke through the Barlief Line under the cover of cannon fire
barlief line

ok, let's come to present...
from bright star operations:

Bright Star Teams Guard with Egyptians

Bright Star is a biennial multi-national exercise that involves more than a dozen allied, coalition or partner nations in Egypt.

"For more than 23 years, since 1983, the success of Bright Star demonstrates to enemies around the world, as well as allies, that we can deploy a division headquarters, deploy an Army headquarters, conduct an airborne operation from halfway around the world, and insert an infantry company on the ground," said Lt. Gen. R. Steven Whitcomb, commander of the Third Army and U.S. Army Central (USARCENT), the 42nd Division's higher headquarters for the training exercise, "and you can interface and interact with conventional forces almost routinely."

This year's exercise will include a large-scale battle simulation exercise, meant to challenge senior leaders and staff in the command and control of combat forces operating jointly.

"All of us know that a command post exercise exerts pressure on the generals, colonels, lieutenant colonels and majors because it is a brain exercise," Lt. Gen. Whitcomb said to the combined American and Egyptian staff. "So challenge each other, learn from each other."

The computer-generated battlefield is based on fictitious nations in conflict and a coalition of nations responding to restore security and an internationally recognized border. The 42nd Infantry Division commander and staff will control a fictitious force of more than 110,000 troops for the command post exercise.

"There is no better expert on warfare in this maneuver box that we are conducting operations in than the Egyptians. This is their territory, they know how to fight this fight and we ought to learn from them," said Lt. Gen. Whitcomb.

Nearly three dozen Egyptian officers from the Egyptian 9th Armored Division will complement the 42nd Division staff for the exercise. Joint training began almost immediately after the division's deployment as members of the Egyptian staff learned about the Army's military decision-making process and techniques for the command and control of combat forces.

"We question each other and learn from each other," Lt. Gen. Whitcomb said, "and that is the real value of Bright Star."

The training in Egypt completes nearly a year of planning, training and coordination for the leaders and staff of the 42nd Division. Soldiers trained with Third Army leaders and Egyptian training officers throughout 2007, including numerous site and staff visits, hosting the Egyptian and USARCENT leaders in New York in March.

"We came with a plan," said 42nd Division Chief of Staff Col. Carl Pfeiffer. "We are here to demonstrate to the Egyptians that we are willing to work, partner and listen to them as we work through the (training) scenario."

"Our report card here is when our Egyptian partners write a letter to Lt. Gen. Whitcomb," Col. Pfeiffer continued, "and tell him that they enjoyed working with the 42nd Infantry Division."

Many members of the 42nd Division deployed to Cairo are veterans of Operation Iraqi Freedom, having served with the headquarters in Tikrit, Iraq, in 2005. Much of the training sessions and mission planning involved applying lessons learned from that deployment to the control of thousands of troops in the simulated combat environment.

Part of the cooperative training included discussion and comparison of the two unit's capabilities and techniques for battle command. The two division commanders, Maj. Gen. El Araby El Suray from the Egyptian 9th Armored Division and Brig. Gen. Paul Genereux from the 42nd Infantry Division both led discussions among the joint staff.

"I can not be more pleased in the cooperative effort I'm seeing between our two staffs," Brig. Gen. Genereux said. "My goals for this mission were to safely deploy our command post and train alongside the Egyptian 9th Armored, achieving real unity in our two organizations for the exercise. Ninety percent of what I wanted to achieve in http://www.minnesotanationalguard.org/press_room/e-zine/articles/index.php?item=1184Bright Star, we have already done."

"They [the Egyptians] are taking our products to get synchronized with us," Col. Pfeiffer said. "That is unusual, but of all the units I've worked with in this part of the world, this unit [the Egyptian 9th Armored Division] is the best, by far."

"It is great to have the 42nd Infantry back in theater again," said Lt. Gen. Whitcomb in his remarks to the combined U.S. and Egyptian staff members.

(Lt. Col. Richard Goldenberg serves with the 42nd Infantry Division headquarters)
Minnesota National Guard Articles

we produced (under licence) more than 1005 ABRAMS M1A1...

in egyptian factory 200..

ahmedfire

What about the airforce ?

I dont think the arabs know how to fight modern wars...going by the track record in the past 50-100 years.
over 500 aircraft and 149 hel

220 f16 block 40/42 + 20 block 50/52 on way....

mirage 2000...20 to 40 aircraft

mirage 5 (upgraded) and 5D...60 aircraft

F4,F6,F7,mig 21,alphaget...etc
K-8 Trainer ,L29

hels anicluded many types like apache,Commando,Commando 2 ,Chinook,SA-342 L/M
Gazelle, Ch-47,Sea King ,Mil-8, mil-6,SH-2GE SeaSprite ,Cobras,S-70A Black Hawk,

C-130 Hercules
Gulf Stream VIP
HawkEye E2-C
Buffalo
Beechcraft B1900C
antonove
An-74T-200A

UAVs
"¢ Kader
"¢ R4E-50 Skyeye
"¢ Camcopter
"¢ 324 Scarab
Target drones
"¢ CT-20
"¢ Beech AQM-37A
"¢ Beech MQM-107B
"¢ TTL BTT-3
Banshee

hope not forget anything,i'll check again if i did...

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
Egyptian Army wont last 10 days against Israel! and Israel Army wont last 7 days against India! lol. :D

ahmedfire

Egyptian Army wont last 10 days against Israel! and Israel Army wont last 7 days against India! lol.:D
wowwwww
may be 11 or 9
why 10.... lols
how many days will indian army last against chineese and pakistan armies...??
i'll be happy to tell me the type of drugs u use...:becky:

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
wowwwww
may be 11 or 9
why 10.... lols
how many days will indian army last against chineese and pakistan armies...??
i'll be happy to tell me the type of drugs u use...:becky:

LMAO, I dont use drugs to state facts!! China will be hard to fight, Pakistan is a retarded country, if we where not an Democracy we would have invaded them, they lost all the wars with us.

Israel Army is over hyped but they have the heart to survive and they will do anything, Egypt good for shooting its people! :D

ahmedfire

LMAO, I dont use drugs to state facts!! China will be hard to fight, Pakistan is a retarded country, if we where not an Democracy we would have invaded them, they lost all the wars with us.

Israel Army is over hyped but they have the heart to survive and they will do anything, Egypt good for shooting its people! :D
don't use drugs,,woww i'm surpise now,,so u man have to check if someone put it in your launch :)

shooting our people ?!! wow
our army doesn't shot any egyptian citizen in the last revolution, syrian army did it against syrians ...

chineese can't fight,,hehehe,again plz check your launch bro...:pound:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Let's keep the emotions in check and not come up with loose comments.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
don't use drugs,,woww i'm surpise now,,so u man have to check if someone put it in your launch :)

shooting our people ?!! wow
our army doesn't shot any egyptian citizen in the last revolution, syrian army did it against syrians ...

chineese can't fight,,hehehe,again plz check your launch bro...:pound:
He didn't say chinese cant fight, he said both sides would be somewhat equally balanced and it could go any way depending on the terrain or whether it was surprise attack etc. pak would get smashed quite quickly...thats why they bring out the nukes in every discussion.

also what he said about israel defeating egypt is also correct since they have edge in technology and also have nukes whilst you dont. israel and India dont have any reason to fight but if somehow you pick up India from the world map and stick it where egypt is then we'll smash israel or if you stick israel where pak or bangladesh is then also they'd get smashed pretty quickly because our military is quite larger then theirs.

pack leader

Professional
the gret Egyptian army

what can one tell of an army who's greatest victory is a surprise attack
were 1500 scattered poorly armed idf troops gave battle to 50,000 Egyptian troops
it took you 2 weeks to advance 5 mails and then we counter attacked
and invaded Africa all the Egyptians i ever meet seem to forget that part
you only remember how the war started not how it ended
with idf forces in control of Ishmaelia and 100 km from Cairo
:wave::wave::wave::wave:

pmaitra

Who said the Egyptian Army cannot fight?

Here is a depiction of a Charioteer-Archer of the Egyptian Army:

Another Archer:

A battle-scene:

And the Sphinx to warn the adventurous:

And if all fails, Cleopatra can use her charms:

Last edited:

ahmedfire

i'll come soon to reply specially on pack leader who has no idea about the disaster that happened to israel in 73 war..have no time now...exams..
coming soon

egyptians:

Phenom

It was very professional of the Egyptian army to not fire on its own people during the recent turmoil.

Unlike the Libyan, Bahraini and Syrian Armies, the Egyptian army out rightly refused to turn their guns on fellow Egyptians. Its probably the reason why the uprising succeeded in Egypt.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles