Vaastu

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
I am thinking about renovating my house. Was made 30 years ago with not much attention paid to vaastu.
Read up on the net about various aspects of it.

Anyone with more knowledge on the subject?

EnlightenedMonk

Member of The Month JULY 2009
According to Vaastu, the name of this forum isn't right...

It ought to be -

Deffence Forrum off Indiaa

Please make the relevant Changes !!! :D:D:D:D:D

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Spelling of a name is not vaastu mate. It's numerology.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Besides we don't need it named that way for success. We are going great guns anyway. Touch wood.

EnlightenedMonk

Member of The Month JULY 2009
Spelling of a name is not vaastu mate. It's numerology.
Besides we don't need it named that way for success. We are going great guns anyway. Touch wood.
I agree, and I'm sure that there are a lot of people who disagree on this and I do know that this is not the right thread to be debating on something like this...

But by personal experiences (note experiences, not experience) I have come to believe in something called fate / "It is written"... and that Vaastu / Numerology and the likes can possibly do nothing about it...

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
There is fate alrite. But vaastu is a science. It's about postive energy and i have seen it make a difference with many people.

S.A.T.A

If one is serious about renovating one's house on the principles of the vaastu Shastra,its better to consult a Vaastu expert with original plan of your house.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Sata, your thoughts on vaastu? Is it helpful?

S.A.T.A

Well it depends,just like Ayurveda,Vaastu Shastra is a branch of science or knowledge that was practiced in the ancient times.Vaastu will not bring any magical change in fortune or any such thing,that is mostly superstition which is unfortunately often attached to all ancient knowledge system.

While the Shastra itself is quite ancient,most of it was developed during the age of massive temple buildings.The two key ingredients of ancient temple building was physical engineering (building the structure itself) and its intended spiritual purpose.

The physical aspect is most obvious,because they used massive stone masonry,architects had to get the design and alignments absolutely perfect,because there wont be any recasting.

The spiritual aspect was metaphysical,like you mentioned It was believed(and not without reason)that the fundamental elements of nature, cosmos and even planetary bodies affected human lives,which impacted his physical and mental health.So when they raised an artificial structure,the space within the enclosure was thought to have disturbed the natural interplay of the elements.Thus the structure had to be designed in such way so that any artificial rearrangement of the environment was minimal and the natural flow primeval energies were not interfered with.

We don't know how much of this has scientific basis,however there is no doubt that even non traditional engineering gives much value to environmental aspect of structures,like proper access to natural lighting,flow of air,presence of water bodies,and its impact of people living with it.

There is no reason to believe that buildings not following Vaastu are unfit for habitation or vice-versa,but its still better than building a house with due consideration to such natural and time observed factors.

duhastmish

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
yusuf for your house vastu - location direction of your house - context , whats around n stuff, soil typle , last use of house in past 10-15 years , is must.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
been living here for 30 years. its an apartment on the first floor facing east.

duhastmish

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
oh nice - post a sketch here of your appartment - lets see what we all can do ;)

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
hmm.. will have to draw and scan it i guess.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Its soooo not according to vastu.

peacecracker

If not vaastu ,then feng shui?both are the same in core,right? :)

PS:very little knowledge about these things :p

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles