USA not allowing peaceful protests

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
UC Davis Professor Demands Chancellor Resign Over Pepper Spraying Of Students

Police used batons to try to push the students apart. Those they could separate, they arrested, kneeling on their bodies and pushing their heads into the ground. Those they could not separate, they pepper-"‹sprayed directly in the face, holding these students as they did so. When students covered their eyes with their clothing, police forced open their mouths and pepper-"‹sprayed down their throats. Several of these students were hospitalized. Others are seriously injured. One of them, forty-"‹five minutes after being pepper-"‹sprayed down his throat, was still coughing up blood.
"I want to be very clear in calling upon the Egyptian authorities to refrain from any violence against peaceful protestors. The people of Egypt have rights that are universal. That includes the right to peaceful assembly and association, the right to free speech, and the ability to determine their own destiny. These are human rights. And the United States will stand up for them everywhere." – Barack Obama, 28 January 2011

:lol:

SHASH2K2

Thats what you call as double standards . Just few days back I saw a picture of policeman pepper spraying a black girl for no no fault of her. she was with her mother and even she couldn't protect that poor child.

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
oooohhhh...Pepper Sprays!!!!!
Scary!!!

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Obama said to the Egyptians not to resort to violence.

Just wondering if pepper spray is violence.

Is water cannon violence?

Would pepper spray be, instead, a violation of human phsyicality and good health? :p

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!

Would pepper spray be, instead, a violation of human phsyicality and good health? :p
Yes it is violence. Batons were also used and most importantly they are not being allowed to protest.

SHASH2K2

If picture is to be believed then they were using spray on students who were in line and were sitting as instructed by police. that wasn't a unruly mob so it can be justified.

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
oooohhhh...Pepper Sprays!!!!!
Scary!!!
Pepper spray is nothing to laugh at. If it goes into your body it will inflame internal organs and cause violent coughing of blood, and if it enters the eyes it can cause temporary blindness. In fact pepper spray is more dangerous than tear gas.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
The United States constitution provides for 'the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.'

There is no right to shut down a city.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
The United States constitution provides for 'the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.'

There is no right to shut down a city.
Shut down a city ? it was on campus

All excuses are coming out :D

SHASH2K2

Or a university. Not all students are there to taunt the capitalist cossacks. :)
duty of police is to uphold the law or give punishment as well ? What I feel is that they were playing role of police , judge and executioner as well.

communismforindia

Tihar Jail
Banned
US is turning into a police state... the reality the high tech US police dept. can keep a watch on everyone...

trackwhack

In India, we have places designated for peaceful protests in major cities and towns. Is it the same in the US?

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
In India, we have places designated for peaceful protests in major cities and towns. Is it the same in the US?
When people "protest" in the US they just go to the capital building/biggest street in the capital and bang drums (since using megaphones in some cities).

W.G.Ewald

Professional
When people "protest" in the US they just go to the capital building/biggest street in the capital and bang drums (since using megaphones in some cities).
They set up tents.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970203699404577046591489468470.html

W.G.Ewald

Professional
duty of police is to uphold the law or give punishment as well ? What I feel is that they were playing role of police , judge and executioner as well.
They are executing the Occupiers? Good on them.:)

Iamanidiot

The americans cannot even do a friggin protest properly and peacefully.Come to India we will teach you how to do a protest

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Can I ask you a personal question Mr. Wald? Are you a card holding member of the Tea Party?

SHASH2K2

They are executing the Occupiers? Good on them.:)
I thought you would be smart enough to understand the real meaning of the word. :(
passing on the judgement and executing that order is what I wanted to convey.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles