US Stands by Japan over islands Dispute with China

Oblaks

Clinton backs Japan over island dispute - Australia Network News - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

The US Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton, has issued a veiled warning to China not to challenge Japan's control of disputed islands in the East China Sea.

Amid signs that China is testing control over the virtually uninhabited islands, Ms Clinton said the area was under Japan's control and hence protected under a US security treaty with Tokyo.

"We oppose any unilateral actions that would seek to undermine Japanese administration," she said.

Clinton did not mention Beijing directly in the warning, but said: "We want to see China and Japan resolve this matter peacefully through dialogue."

"We do not want to see any action taken by anyone that could raise tensions or result in miscalculation that would undermine the peace, security and economic growth in this region," Ms Clinton said.

China has repeatedly criticised the US position.

crescent917

Clinton backs Japan over island dispute - Australia Network News - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

The US Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton, has issued a veiled warning to China not to challenge Japan's control of disputed islands in the East China Sea.

Amid signs that China is testing control over the virtually uninhabited islands, Ms Clinton said the area was under Japan's control and hence protected under a US security treaty with Tokyo.

"We oppose any unilateral actions that would seek to undermine Japanese administration," she said.

Clinton did not mention Beijing directly in the warning, but said: "We want to see China and Japan resolve this matter peacefully through dialogue."

"We do not want to see any action taken by anyone that could raise tensions or result in miscalculation that would undermine the peace, security and economic growth in this region," Ms Clinton said.

China has repeatedly criticised the US position.

I hope they do the Same thing in the Philippines... Though still unclear but they say they'll honor the MDT.. but still I hope they say " Will Stand Together with Philippines " :))

average american

"We want to see China and Japan resolve this matter peacefully through dialogue."

"We do not want to see any action taken by anyone that could raise tensions or result in miscalculation that would undermine the peace, security and economic growth in this region,"

Seems a very reasonable and fair position to me,

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
"We want to see China and Japan resolve this matter peacefully through dialogue."

"We do not want to see any action taken by anyone that could raise tensions or result in miscalculation that would undermine the peace, security and economic growth in this region,"

Seems a very reasonable and fair position to me,

Just pablum.

Oblaks

I hope they do the Same thing in the Philippines... Though still unclear but they say they'll honor the MDT.. but still I hope they say " Will Stand Together with Philippines " :))
You should read the whole article and will find that the US never said they will "stand together with Japan" neither will they say they will stand by the Philippine side. Japan can fight their own battle so would the Philippines. You don't let another nation fight for your own nation's battle!

crescent917

You should read the whole article and will find that the US never said they will "stand together with Japan" neither will they say they will stand by the Philippine side. Japan can fight their own battle so would the Philippines. You don't let another nation fight for your own nation's battle!

It's better to fight with allies rather than not... Japan can fight as you can see because they've got pretty modernized army.. but what they lack is only man power... but us we have manpower but we don't have equipment. And I didn't say that US will fight for us :)) I want US to fight together with us.. Because We have fight alongside US for many times :) So I guess it's time for US to repay us by Fighting together communist :))

Oblaks

It's better to fight with allies rather than not... Japan can fight as you can see because they've got pretty modernized army.. but what they lack is only man power... but us we have manpower but we don't have equipment. And I didn't say that US will fight for us :)) I want US to fight together with us.. Because We have fight alongside US for many times :) So I guess it's time for US to repay us by Fighting together communist :))
Time for US to repay you? Who liberated the philippines during ww2? A battle is not only fought militarily. when the philippine government is directed towards a legal battle, something they can fight on their own, I can't believe you are thingking of a military war already. America has her own troubles, give her a break. By her pivot to asia, she is already neutralizing china. I dont know why some people cant get enough and wishes to hear uncle sam yell out "I got your back".

P.s.

You use too much smileys kid

Last edited:

crescent917

Time for US to repay you? Who liberated the philippines during ww2? A battle is not only fought militarily. when the philippine government is directed towards a legal battle, something they can fight on their own, I can't believe you are thingking of a military war already. America has her own troubles, give her a break. By her pivot to asia, she is already neutralizing china. I dont know why some people cant get enough and wishes to hear uncle sam yell out "I got your back".

P.s.

You use too much smileys kid

Yeah US liberated Philippines,., But Filipinos are the one who buy time for Australia and US to prepare for Japs Invasion during WWII in the Pacific.During Korean War Filipino also fight alongside US(who calls for an aid) and also in Vietnam War... and You say I think about Military war? Well it's pretty imminent if you're dealing with China.. I hope you learn something about how Chinese do in disputes.. What happen to Vietnam and India border conflicts and small skirmishes and I think the next is a small war over Senkaku Islands... Chinese are warmongering countries.. they're just looking for reasons.. If US said "I got your back" atleast we know that we are not alone on handling this situation.. BTW World War 2 started because strong countries failed to intervene on Axis Powers Invasion over weak countries...

PS

It doesn't matter if I use too much Smileys.. :))

Oblaks

Yeah US liberated Philippines,., But Filipinos are the one who buy time for Australia and US to prepare for Japs Invasion during WWII in the Pacific.During Korean War Filipino also fight alongside US(who calls for an aid) and also in Vietnam War... and You say I think about Military war? Well it's pretty imminent if you're dealing with China.. I hope you learn something about how Chinese do in disputes.. What happen to Vietnam and India border conflicts and small skirmishes and I think the next is a small war over Senkaku Islands... Chinese are warmongering countries.. they're just looking for reasons.. If US said "I got your back" atleast we know that we are not alone on handling this situation.. BTW World War 2 started because strong countries failed to intervene on Axis Powers Invasion over weak countries...

PS

It doesn't matter if I use too much Smileys.. :))
WOW really! Whatever Kid. Your knowlegde and interpretation of history is awesome. You need to wake up. you are starting to sound Chinese. No wonder Chinese and Philipinos hate each other in this forum.. it's bacause they are so the same. You are also justifiying -----y comments about Philippine's "run to daddy" attitude. Let's get back to topic.

Last edited:

crescent917

WOW really! Whatever Kid. Your knowlegde and interpretation of history is awesome. You need to wake up. you are starting to sound Chinese. No wonder Chinese and Philipinos hate each other in this forum.. it's bacause they are so the same. You are also justifiying -----y comments about Philippine's "run to daddy" attitude. Let's get back to topic.

Well.. It's not about run to daddy attitude.. It's about brotherhood dude ... It'll be natural that enemies hates each other. Well not only Filipinos hates Chinese but almost all of the Asians hates Chinese.. They're pushing what they want.. and pretty hypocrites.. and still force their arguments even if it's proven invalid.... And also Harassing every small country within its borders..

K get back to the topic :))

Last edited:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles