US Set to Suspend Military Aid to Pakistan

blue marlin

I would like to add that
USA has got its deep roots well established in Pakistan and there is a real risk for Chinese energy corridor project in Pakistan. No matter how confident Pakistan is about supporting China, threat to China's pipeline project will be decided by USA.

China with its no so PEACEFUL rise has managed to put out threat to US interests in the region and has successfully placed itself as an adversary to US.

If Pakistan is not tied down completely, stripped of the nukes and cleared of its terror factories....China has her energy interests in boom bada boom at the mercy of USA.
the us has no infulence in chinese projects.

sorcerer

Country flag
the us has no infulence in chinese projects.
:D
Yeah....right
US has no influence in Chinese projects..but USA has influence in Pakistan.
US has influence in Managed Chaos in the middle east.
US has influence to attain its regional objectives especially projects of economic importance of rivals.

Country flag
Yeah....right
US has influence to attain its regional objectives especially projects of economic importance of rivals.
Us can bring down the Chinese economy anytime they choose like they are currently doing.

blue marlin

Yeah....right
the us may have influence in pakistan but not in Chinese projects

well thats true, to increase defence exports to neighbouring middle eastern countries

yeh thats a irrelevant remark. the us obviously has influence with in its own region which is the gulf of Mexico.

Neo

Us can bring down the Chinese economy anytime they choose like they are currently doing.
And vice versa. China is US' biggest trading partner and foreign investor. It will be equally disasterous for both.

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
And vice versa. China is US' biggest trading partner and foreign investor. It will be equally disasterous for both.
The global financial system is aligned against China. The Americans will suffer but only in the short term until other cheap manufacturers take the place of the Chinese. As for the flight of Chinese capital I doubt it because most wealthy Chinese maintain substantial finances within American banks that can be seized in case of hostilities, the same is not true of American elites .
In short the U.S will stumble but it will stand again soon enough. The Chinese will fall with fractured knees.

Neo

No decision taken on CSF payments to Pakistan: US
By Web Desk
Published: August 26, 2015

The statement came days after reports emerged that US may withhold hundreds of millions of dollars owed to Pakistan for its efforts in the war against terror over concerns that its military is not doing enough to crack down on the Haqqani Network. PHOTO: AFP

The United States said on Wednesday that “no decision” has been made on the transfer of the next tranche of Coalition Support Fund (CSF) payments to Pakistan.

“We have certainly not taken future security assistance off the table and Pakistan continues to be a high priority counterterrorism and defense partner for the US,” said Defence Department Spokesperson Major Roger M Cabiness.

“No decision has been made with respect to the CSF,” Cabiness said.

Read: Coalition Support Fund: US warns final $300m could be withheld

The statement came days after reports emerged that the US may withhold hundreds of millions of dollars owed to Pakistan for its efforts in the war against terror over concerns that its military is not doing enough to crack down on the Haqqani Network.

Quoting US and Pakistani officials, the report said that the Pentagon recently informed Islamabad that it may withhold the final payment of $300 million under the Coalition Support Fund (CSF) if the US defense secretary cannot certify sufficient action against the insurgent group responsible for some of the bloodiest attacks on foreign forces in Afghanistan.

Read: US urges Pakistan, Afghanistan to take forward Taliban peace talks

While reiterating US support to Pakistan’s counterterrorism efforts, Cabiness said, “Pakistan has suffered at the hands of terrorists and violent extremists, and the United States will continue to work closely with Pakistan to achieve our shared goal of defeating violent extremists to ensure the safety of our people today and in the future.”

Claiming that Pakistan is one of the largest recipients of US Foreign Military Financing globally, the spokesperson said the US has delivered over $13 billion under CSF to Pakistan since 2002.

Further, he said the CSF is a demonstration of American commitment to supporting Pakistan’s efforts to eliminate terrorist threats in the country.

Responding to a question, Cabiness said, “We are now in discussions with the Government of Pakistan about what shape that assistance takes going forward beyond 2016 and how we might best support Pakistan’s ongoing fight against terrorism and strengthen regional security.”

http://tribune.com.pk/story/945146/no-decision-taken-on-csf-payments-to-pakistan-us/

Neo

US CENTCOM commander appreciates Pakistan’s sacrifices in war on terror
By Web Desk
Published: August 26, 2015

Army chief General Raheel Sharif meets US CENTCOM commander General Lloyd Austin at the GHQ in Rawalpindi on August 26, 2015. PHOTO: ISPR

RAWALPINDI: US CENTCOM Commander General Lloyd Austin appreciated on Wednesday Pakistan Army’s sacrifices in the war against terrorism, particularly the country’s efforts for bringing peace in the region.

According to an Inter Services Public Relations statement, General Austin called on Army chief General Raheel Sharif at the General Headquarters (GHQ) in Rawalpindi.

“Matters of mutual interests and regional security were discussed,” the statement said, adding the US commander also paid homage to the Pakistan Army soldiers killed during the operations.

Read: Army chief approves increase in number of military courts for Karachi

Later, Gen Austin also called on Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee General Rashad Mahmood.

They discussed matters related to mutual interest with Gen Austin acknowledging the role played by the Pakistani armed Forces in fighting terrorism.

Earlier on Tuesday, General Raheel Sharif approved an increase in the number of military courts for Karachi in an effort to speed up the trial of high-profile terrorists in the metropolitan city. Initially, nine military courts were set up across the country under the National Action Plan against terrorism.

The army chief, who was in the town, appreciated the role of paramilitary Rangers, police and security agencies in the ongoing surgical operation in Karachi. “The operation will continue across the board against terrorists, criminals and mafias in Karachi,” Gen Raheel said as tweeted by Maj Gen Asim Bajwa, the chief military spokesperson, on microblogging site Twitter.

The army chief also directed the law enforcers to break the evil nexus between terrorism, criminal mafias, violence and corruption to ensure peace and a terror-free Karachi. Gen Raheel was briefed on the latest security situation in the city at the Corps Headquarters.

http://tribune.com.pk/story/945147/...ciates-pakistans-sacrifices-in-war-on-terror/

Country flag
USA imports from china are 2 percent of GDP in USA according to some economist . Chinese exports to USA are 60 percent of their GDP . I think US can take a 2 percent hit. USA has started shifting to other low cost labor countries to replace china.

Blackwater

Let them stop all aid to Pakistan, the sooner the better.

Then refuse to take 15 Cobras and left over stuff from Afghanistan by Americans . Why wait ?? Gairat kithe gayi

I_PLAY_BAD

If US suspends its aid then more Paki citizens will eat grass. But the elite and the military will still lead luxurious lives when their compatriots rant around for "halwa puri".

sorcerer

Country flag
the us may have influence in pakistan but not in Chinese projects
Influence in Pakistan is enough to implement their strategic interests vis a vis Chinese projects.
China to Build Pipeline From Iran to Pakistan

US Considers Sanctions Against Pakistan for Iran Pipeline

Now I suppose the reasoning is clear.
YOu can google up information on how the energy needs create alliances and foes.

well thats true, to increase defence exports to neighbouring middle eastern countries

Americans paid their close attention to the Middle East at the end of WW2. At that time George Kennan, director of the State Department’s Policy Planning Staff, substantiated the importance of the Middle Eastern region for US geopolitical interests. US strategists of that period called the Middle East an inexhaustible source of energy and one of the most attractive trophies in world history. These definitions still ring true today.
Read more: http://sputniknews.com/voiceofrussia/2012_12_18/Controlled-chaos-theory-practical-application/

yeh thats a irrelevant remark. the us obviously has influence with in its own region which is the gulf of Mexico.
when a nation looks forward for global dominance they just dont play in own backyard...they spread all over..
http://www.thewashingtonreview.org/...gy-to-contain-china-or-to-rebalance-asia.html

Thats just a start..

Btw...hows things over there at China, enjoying the weather,the noodles etc.?

blue marlin

Influence in Pakistan is enough to implement their strategic interests vis a vis Chinese projects.

YOu can google up information on how the energy needs create alliances and foes.

Americans paid their close attention to the Middle East at the end of WW2. At that time George Kennan, director of the State Department’s Policy Planning Staff, substantiated the importance of the Middle Eastern region for US geopolitical interests. US strategists of that period called the Middle East an inexhaustible source of energy and one of the most attractive trophies in world history. These definitions still ring true today.
Read more: http://sputniknews.com/voiceofrussia/2012_12_18/Controlled-chaos-theory-practical-application/

when a nation looks forward for global dominance they just dont play in own backyard...they spread all over..
http://www.thewashingtonreview.org/...gy-to-contain-china-or-to-rebalance-asia.html

Thats just a start..

at that time the us was still in Afghanistan and sanctions would result in a block in supplies now that not an issue and the sanction are going to be removed soon anyway. the us involvement in the middel east is going to backfire, and yes playing in someone else's back yard does come with consequences. jst great @Blackwater calling me a pakistani now your calling me Chinese . ok my turn you are not indian but burmese that goes for you to @Blackwater

sorcerer

Country flag
at that time the us was still in Afghanistan and sanctions would result in a block in supplies now that not an issue and the sanction are going to be removed soon anyway. [/USER]
USA in Afghanistan or not...they can still decide whats happening in Middle east. They just moved a couple of blocks to Syria.

'Afghan forces can't sustain war with Taliban without NATO
http://www.rt.com/op-edge/204263-afghanistan-army-taliban-security-usa/
https://www.globalpolicy.org/empire/26365-us-military-expansion-and-intervention-in-afghanistan.html

Sanctions are going to be removed "WITH CLAUSES".. These clauses define the "working order".

BTW...recently...US stopped Pakistan from buying oil from Iran though it was cheaper :D
No sanctions..but Pakistan has to comply to USA.
Google is your friend.

the us involvement in the middel east is going to backfire, and yes playing in someone else's back yard does come with consequences.
US involvement in the middle east will control the energy sources. They can only backfire if every arab nations comes to a term with each other..which is highly unlikely!!! Thanks to the many factions of belief.

So far...no consequences just posturing. When it comes to dominance...consequences are just manageable side effects..

China has its limitations and inhibitions when it comes to war! They have to protect their "peaceful rise" :D

jst great @Blackwater calling me a pakistani now your calling me Chinese . ok my turn you are not indian but burmese that goes for you to @Blackwater
Whatever you call me wont change or affect my reality.

"Never let someones opinion about you affect your reality" :D

I dont care who you are..but I couldnt agree with your statements when it comes to the geopolitical realities.

Enjoy the noodles!!

Blackwater

at that time the us was still in Afghanistan and sanctions would result in a block in supplies now that not an issue and the sanction are going to be removed soon anyway. the us involvement in the middel east is going to backfire, and yes playing in someone else's back yard does come with consequences. jst great @Blackwater calling me a pakistani now your calling me Chinese . ok my turn you are not indian but burmese that goes for you to @Blackwater
u r little close iam Mongolian:):):):)

blue marlin

u r little close iam Mongolian:):):):)
USA imports from china are 2 percent of GDP in USA according to some economist . Chinese exports to USA are 60 percent of their GDP . I think US can take a 2 percent hit. USA has started shifting to other low cost labor countries to replace china.
really just 2%. china the second largest economy only exports 2 percent to the largest economy.
here is a website which will give you more of an accurate guide to the real export percentage and value.
http://www.tradingeconomics.com/china/exports

salute

Thats just a start..

how pakis gonna pay for that oil ???

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles