US sailor thwarts Dubai bus driver rapist

JAISWAL

An off-duty US navy sailor wrestled a bus driver to the ground and beat him into submission after he attempted to rape her at knife point, a court heard yesterday. Prosecutors said that she knocked the knife from his hand, broke it in two, bit him in the hand, forced him to the ground and locked him between her thighs. The woman, 28, was on 24- hour shore leave in Dubai and was attacked as she returned to the port where she was based after a day shopping.

She had been attempting to hail a taxi after visiting shopping centre, Mall of the Emirates and a supermarket when a bus pulled up next to her After climbing aboard she became suspicious of the drivers route. She said: 'I noticed he did not take the main road and when I asked him he told me not to worry.'

He then drove for a further 10 minutes before stopping in an area where other buses were parked and attempting to kiss her. When she refused him he pulled the knife and threatened to rape her but she was able to subdue him.
Following the attack, which occurred on January 19 of this year, she left the bus and reported it to her commander at Port Khalid.

The driver, named as K S, from Pakistan, was arrested the next day at his home and the attending police officer saidthat he was intoxicated at thetime. The court ordered that the21 year-old be examined to establish his age after he didnot produce a birth certificate. He has been charged with attempted rape, threatening to kill, assault and consuming alcohol illegally. Having confessed to thealcohol charge, the driver claims to have been too drunk to remember what happened. Traces of the woman's hair and blood were found on his bus. The case was adjourned to May 1.
-
US sailor thwarts Dubai bus driver rapist after putting him in strangehold with her thighs and then beating him into submission | Mail Online ~

Last edited:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles