US raises concern over India's 'business environment'

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
Trackwhack:

You are referring to Monsanto and GM tech. Yusuf is referring to FDI in retail. Am I right Yusuf?

I am 100% supportive of FDI and deregulation of retail. They will build the logistics and massive supply chains to prevent wastage, thereby reducing costs and food inflation. A lot can be written about this, but in general, I don't hear good arguments against FDI in retail, except that "corner shops will shut down", which is in itself a false argument.

trackwhack

Trackwhack:

You are referring to Monsanto and GM tech. Yusuf is referring to FDI in retail. Am I right Yusuf?

I am 100% supportive of FDI and deregulation of retail. They will build the logistics and massive supply chains to prevent wastage, thereby reducing costs and food inflation. A lot can be written about this, but in general, I don't hear good arguments against FDI in retail, except that "corner shops will shut down", which is in itself a false argument.

Yes, I know. He asked - Well I was talking about retail sector. Do lead me to a source on deregulation of agriculture that helps me understand that.

:)

Also my worry about FDI in retail is that it is the first step in removing trade barriers on cheap Chinese plastic and wood. This will cause a lot of upheavel in many local cottage industries, which like it or not form a significant part of our economy. Maybe that has to happen, bu the critical word here is upheavel as against slow and absorbable change.

Last edited:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Is deregulation of agriculture limited to use if genetically modified seeds like Monsanto?

Adux

Country flag
i agree with them, as a business man facing enormous difficulties having a good business environment, such as having a speedy courts, enormous corruption and red 0 tape, communism and meddling in private affairs by the government, the United States is extremely justified.

This quasi nationalism that is being done by the bureaucracy to ensure 'their hand' in everything is hurting me and several others.

Iamanidiot

i agree with them, as a business man facing enormous difficulties having a good business environment, such as having a speedy courts, enormous corruption and red 0 tape, communism and meddling in private affairs by the government, the United States is extremely justified.

This quasi nationalism that is being done by the bureaucracy to ensure 'their hand' in everything is hurting me and several others.
Babus may not understand a business,but they have enough power to ruin a business an imbalance that has to redressed

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Just too bad for the US.

If they can impose restrictions on outsourcing to India to protect US jobbers, then why should India not protect its industries?

Is the US ready for a 'free for all' format in all fields?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles