US puts $10 million bounty on Hafiz Saeed's head

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
NEW DELHI: India's tormentor-in-chief Hafiz Saeed, the head of Pakistan's deadliest terror group Lashkar-e-Taiba, now carries a $10 million bounty on his head. The US has announced this reward for the capture or information leading to the capture of Saeed, making him one of the most wanted terrorists in the world.

In her maiden visit to India, US undersecretary of state Wendy Sherman told Indian officials and a select audience at the Aspen Institute that apart from Saeed, his brother-in-law and co-founder of Lashkar Abdul Rehman Makki now carries a bounty of $3 million on his head.

LeT, and principally Saeed, are accused of planning and executing the 26/11 terror attacks in Mumbai with the help of Pakistan's spy agency, ISI. Under Saeed's watch, Lashkar has grown to become a terror group that rivals al-Qaida in its reach and lethality. Although primarily focused against India, LeT, which has links with the ISI (some claim it has been nurtured by it) has reached European and Australian shores.

The US has $25 million on the head of Ayman al Zawahiri, the head of Qaida after the killing of Osama bin Laden, making him the most wanted terrorist in the world. Saeed is in the second rung - he joins the ranks of Mullah Omar and the Qaida chiefs of Iran and Iraq, all of whom carry a reward of $10 million.

US announces $10 million bounty on Lashkar chief's head - The Times of India

agentperry

wow...now if paksitan allows someone wanted by the usa to roam around freely in their country the what will happen? sanctions or invasion

Adux

Country flag
To all US haters, Has Russia done this?
Also, New Delhi is playing some really good politics. They did the same with Sri Lanka, using the US.

My Thanks to United States and its people

Adux

Country flag
wow...now if paksitan allows someone wanted by the usa to roam around freely in their country the what will happen? sanctions or invasion
Nothing, sanctions. but more than anything he will be killed by his own cronies, or taken down by a american dorne or captured american special forces.

agentperry

Nothing, sanctions. but more than anything he will be killed by his own cronies, or taken down by a american dorne or captured american special forces.
public support for hafeez saeed is more than the talib support to OBL. a dorne attack on saeed will destablize pakistan and this will not be in favor of usa

trackwhack

Dude, this is farcical. Hafiz Saeed is happily walking around a free man in Pakistan - What does the US mean by information leading to the capture? This is just an eye wash. I wont hold my breath until something concrete happens.

KS

Bye bye DFI
NEW DELHI: India's tormentor-in-chief Hafiz Saeed, the head of Pakistan's deadliest terror group Lashkar-e-Taiba, now carries a $10 million bounty on his head. The US has announced this reward for the capture or information leading to the capture of Saeed, making him one of the most wanted terrorists in the world.
Will the cover photo of the next Difa-e-Pak jalsa with Hafiz Sayed qualify me for the $10 million bounty ?...:D

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Some one please tell the US, he roams around freely in Pak. Hold rallies in Lahore with full support of Pak. If you have 10 million, please loan it to me i will return it in a fixed time!!!

Hafeez Saeed is out in the open and anyone can find him.

sob

Mod
Country flag
Yusuf at least they have declared an open season on this animal. There is an open licence come and hunt the quarry.

BTW do we have. Also have a reward on this guy.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Yusuf at least they have declared an open season on this animal. There is an open licence come and hunt the quarry.

BTW do we have. Also have a reward on this guy.
There was no use announcing this bounty. Its more to score points I feel. If they wanted to take him out, they just needed their contacts in Pak which the CIA has to take him out. 10 million was not required.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
More than anything else, this open announcement will warn Hafiz and he will run into an "Abbottabad".

Real silly of the US. There is nothing to be happy for India in this. It is aimed at india to score points. But the picture is clear to me at least. Score points with India while the bogey runs away. God damnit he was out in the open all along. WTF :facepalm:

GUNS-N- ROSES

it is really of no significance to us indians. except for a bit of pressure tactics there is no use of this.

Hafiz sayeed has more loyalists in pakistan than OBL. also his organisation also does relief/charitable work in pakistan and that has endeared him to common pakistani public. i doubt IF US can publically take action against this man. hell, even pakistani govt cant take action against him.

as i see it, the move is merely a ploy to please india. Hafeez sayeed will continue to walk freely. given the anti US sentiment prevalemt in pak against US, this might make him a Hero of sorts. a man who takes on both India and US.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
What is the reason for the US to put a bounty on the head of the Hafiz man?

Putting a bounty on the head means nothing unless it is acted upon.

If the man can roam about free, then that bounty is of no use.

And what is their to feel good about? That someone else has acted when we ourselves allowed this man to make a mockery of our system and been able to do fanny adams?

ejazr

Ambassador
US announces $10 million bounty on Hafiz Saeed: Report

US announces $10 million bounty on Hafiz Saeed: Report – The Express Tribune

NEW DELHI: The United States has placed a $10 million bounty on the head of banned militant outfit Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) founder, Hafiz Muhammad Saeed, the Times of India reported early Tuesday morning.

US undersecretary of state Wendy Sherman while addressing a gathering at the Aspen Institute on her maiden visit to India, said that both Saeed and his brother-in-law Abdul Rehman Makki carried a bounty on their head. The latter was a co-founder of the banned outfit and carries a smaller $3 million bounty.

The reward is for the capture or furnishing information which leads to their capture.

Saeed is considered by the US and India to be involved in orchestrating the November 26, 2008 Mumbai attacks under the alleged tutelage of Pakistan's Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI). The attack has soured relations between Pakistan and India.

Repeated attempts by The Express Tribune to contact the JuD spokesperson Yahya Mujahid for a reaction went unanswered.

According to the report, LeT's has grown over time, becoming a lethal terror group, expanding its reach as far as Europe and Australia, besides having a large circle of influence within the sub-continent.

Pakistan had banned the LeT in January 2002, and its charity group, the Jamaat-ud-Dawa (JuD), a month after the November 2008 suicide terror assault on Mumbai. Saeed had at one point been placed under house arrest, but was freed by the Lahore High Court, which said there was no evidence that he was involved in any wrongdoing.

In December 2011, a Virginia, US resident pleaded guilty in a US court for 'providing support to a foreign terrorist organisation' by making a propaganda video for the LeT.

Recently, the JuD chief has joined the Difa-e-Pakistan (Defence of Pakistan) movement, which comprises of other alleged militant groups, politicians and prominent former army officers.

Blackwater

hard time for ISI.Well ammerica has done for its own interest to pressure pak on withdrawal of its troops from afganistan, not for India. It's another thing ameerica try to shot 2 targets with one bullet

Adux

Country flag
Some one please tell the US, he roams around freely in Pak. Hold rallies in Lahore with full support of Pak. If you have 10 million, please loan it to me i will return it in a fixed time!!!

Hafeez Saeed is out in the open and anyone can find him.
Some one please tell that to the Indian Government, where this man is a wanted man and has created enormous heart ache's, unlike in the US

This is our fight, US didnt have to support us, but they got in because of their conscious, value of our friendship and their self interest.

Adux

Country flag
What is the reason for the US to put a bounty on the head of the Hafiz man?

Putting a bounty on the head means nothing unless it is acted upon.

If the man can roam about free, then that bounty is of no use.

And what is their to feel good about? That someone else has acted when we ourselves allowed this man to make a mockery of our system and been able to do fanny adams?
Unlike the Indians, people know Americans pay up. If anything, Hafeez Saeed will be looking over his shoulder more than before. There are US informants and ground players, who might actually like to take a crack at this.
Our is system is a mumbling idiots, atleast they are doing something. I dont I have even heard Indian Government putting something similar up.

Adux

Country flag
More than anything else, this open announcement will warn Hafiz and he will run into an "Abbottabad".

Real silly of the US. There is nothing to be happy for India in this. It is aimed at india to score points. But the picture is clear to me at least. Score points with India while the bogey runs away. God damnit he was out in the open all along. WTF :facepalm:
There was a bounty on OBL. Currently what is the status quo ? Are we doing anything? US has comes to the terms neither Indians nor them, can do much. So what have they decided, throw money at it. That is what I will do. I am sure there will be some 'criminal' in lahore, who might want to cash it.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles