US pleased to get India's support in UN showdown with Sri Lanka.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
How will they ? when we stood watching and even prevented other international organization from stooping the killings of thousands of innocent.

And when you where in Colombo YEAR ??
In the year 2010 :)

We have not blocked any international organization. In fact they are acting only now.

Mr.Ryu

Country flag
Since, every week there is a thread about Sri Lanka, I would not be surprised if some LTTE terrorists have sneaked inside TN during the last days of the war and are trying to set up a base here with local support. Indian investigation agencies should conduct a through probe inside TN.
Hooo no please dont i can not shift/hide all thousands of weapons and missiles that i have stored to attack those who stand against the resolution :dude:

KS

Bye bye DFI
Frankly backing such a resolution does no substantial harm to Sri Lanka's incumbent govmt or their armed forces. It only works to increase Lankan hostility toward India. And those Tamils were not even Indian citizens .

Of course it's up to u to weigh 7% or the whole .

If India is to take on China of course SL has to be seen as a whole to be won over instead of merely their Tamils
There is no need to "win over" Lanka by appeasing them...If the central Govt had the will, geography dictates that they (Lanka) can be forced into submission...No even though it may no do anything substantial, it increases awareness among the world about the gruesome crimes the Sinhalese committed and puts pressure on them to hold the people responsible for that accounted for.

Galaxy

Country flag
May be OT. But I am very angry with Lankans. They deliberately lost match against Bangladesh so that India don't play final.

Everyone should remember, SInhalasa are bunch of Anti-Indian. :rage:

LTTE terrorism is gone. Now what left are innocent Tamils and If Tamils don't get justice soon, Then India should take aggressive step against SL. :brahmos:

Last edited:

KS

Bye bye DFI
For many of the remaining 93%, the part of 7%'s so called concerns are baseless and invalid. Nothing more than arm twisting as we see in coalition govts where they use "aspirations" to further their vested interests.
Cant help it unless the 93% of them dont consider us 7% also as equal Indians who have a stake in this country...If no, fine..let us go our way..if yes, then our concerns need to be reflected in any policy decision. This is the overwhelming sentiment on the ground in TN.

And there is no "vested interest" here...the political parties are only reflecting he overwhelming public emotion in favour of supporting the resolution..infact almost all the people I spoke to are in favor of amending the US resolution to include more stringent terms and make Lanka legally bound to hold a war crimes tribunal supervised by UN.

SL Tamils are not Indian citizens and apart from having moral obligation like the rest of the world and to a little more extent than the rest of the world as we are neighbors, we have nothing much to do.
Gobe through this ad-nauseaum. The policy of non-interference must have seeped through the New delhi thickheads when they first supported the LTTE and then supported the Sinhalese..its a little too late to bleat the "non-interference in Lankan affairs" excuse.

Let me put it this way, did we appreciate Paki interference and promotion of Punjabis to a point of terrorism after Bluestar?
No it was not reasonable considering that India did not treat SIkhs the way the SInhalese treated the Tamils.

For me, our TN mates are just too emotional as unreasonable.
Sorry but we ppl in TN don't care what you ppl up North think of it. For you it may seem unreasonable....but we have all the reason in the world to make sure India supports this resolution, and it has cojones introduce a more stringent resolution on its own.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
May be OT. But I am very angry with Lankans. They deliberately lost match against Bangladesh so that India don't play final.

LTTE is gone. If Tamils don't get justified, Then India should take aggressive step against SL. :brahmos: :agni: :arjun:
What a fake :rofl:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I am very doubtful, given the manner in which India skirts international issues, India will change the 'inclination' into a 'positive action'.

A lot of meaningless verbiage is sure to flow, no matter how India votes, if indeed she votes!

A govt that cannot defend its own Minister and succumbs to blackmail and appoints a roadside goon as replacement, is hardly worth believing!

The mantra of this Govt is:

Row, Row, Row your boat gently down the stream.
Merrily, Merrily, Merrily, Merrily, life is but a Dream!

Last edited:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Is India the same as Lanka...tiny shitsized island surrounded on all sides by a powerful big brother..wake up.
Nope point being its interference in other country for no reason and agree cost of our own interests.

I have spent the last 3 nights on this issue. This and the other tread in particular.

My stance clear in this matter.

KS

Bye bye DFI
Talk about national interest. Everyone is a hypocrite. Did you read the report where the US was action against SL but arming the Bahrainis and about UK arming the Lankans while showing a bleeding heart for Tamils?
So what...? As long as the soup is tasty why check if the hen was blind...

I dont care what US does in other parts of the world as it is none of my business...but I whole heartedly support them in this endeavour, no matter what their reasoning is.

KS

Bye bye DFI
Nope point being its interference in other country for no reason and agree cost of our own interests.

I have spent the last 3 nights on this issue. This and the other tread in particular.

My stance clear in this matter.
As is ours....It is a little too late for New Delhi to bleat the "non-interference" excuse.

My advice - grow the ball and make the Lankans submit to your "interest"....Geography,economy favor us...there is no need to grovel before them to get their support.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
You didn't saw the match How morons lost the match deliberately ? :tsk:
I saw the match. I called you a fake for your support for the resolution because of the match!!

Country flag
These videos were graphic. The Sri Lankans are turning into bigger butchers than LTTE.
Seems like all our neighbors are committing genocide while we watch. Baluchistan,kashmir,
Tibet,East Turkestan,Sri Lanka.

Last edited:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
As is ours....It is a little too late for New Delhi to bleat the "non-interference" excuse.

My advice - grow the ball and make the Lankans submit to your "interest"....Geography,economy favor us...there is no need to grovel before them to get their support.
Yeah, worry about our interests. Do business with them. Why home or anything? Let them do what they want in their flurry as long as our interests are served.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
It is cheaper for Sri Lanka to buy Indian goods since the cost of transportation is less.

Now, if they want Chinese good, then that is also good.

They will deplete their foreign exchange and soon become an international breadbasket case as China's good friend has become.

They will have to resort to a greater drive in sex tourism that is rampant to generate funds. It will make them homosexuals and deplete their population.

Dredge the Palk Strait and it will be cheaper for international shipping to transit through it than going South of SL.

Patrol the seas more vigorously and that will cramp the forays of the tiny and ill quipped SL Navy.

Help the Tamils of SL to rebuild their lives, if need be by encouraging the US based evangelists who will arm twist the US Govt.

Have a whole lot of 'confidence building' naval exercise with the US Navy off the SL Coast with the overt intent of protecting the Andaman islands and the 10 degree channel.

You have a winner in your hands then!

Last edited:

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
I am very doubtful, given the manner in which India skirts international issues, India will change the 'inclination' into a 'positive action'.

A lot of meaningless verbiage is sure to flow, no matter how India votes, if indeed she votes!

A govt that cannot defend its own Minister and succumbs to blackmail and appoints a roadside goon as replacement, is hardly worth believing!

The mantra of this Govt is:

Row, Row, Row your boat gently down the stream.
Merrily, Merrily, Merrily, Merrily, life is but a Dream!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Ray

Galaxy

Country flag
I saw the match. I called you a fake for your support for the resolution because of the match!!
I didn't supported the resolution. I already said couple of days back.

My Point was Lankans are anti-Indian. Match was just trolling.

Everyone hates LTTE, many consider SL Tamils as Lankans only. Still fine but one should not support or sympathies with SL because they are Anti-Indian and will remain so for long long time to come.

KS

Bye bye DFI
Yeah, worry about our interests. Do business with them. Why home or anything? Let them do what they want in their flurry as long as our interests are served.
Not if the "whatever they want" includes ethnic cleansing of a whole section of population with which we have extensive cultural,linguistic ties.

We can condemn them all we want and still extract their support if new Delhi knew how to play hardball....But then its New Delhi and MMS..isnt it ? Hardball..what ?

p.s: It's funny to see fanbois in other threads gloating about taking on China, taking on Pak, dismembering it and taking back POK when the Central Govt cant even enforce its will on a Himachal Pradesh sized country situated in India's shadow.

Last edited:

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!

LTTE terrorism is gone. Now what left are innocent Tamils and If Tamils don't get justice soon, Then India should take aggressive step against SL. :brahmos:
All of this voting is nothing but shit and meaningless nonsense.

nothing positive will come out of it. only way is to invade, occupy and integrate into Indian union. rest all actions against sl go against our national interest because nothing concrete will come out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles