US officially reports India as the third most powerful nation

pankaj nema

Country flag
Why do CHINESE get so worked up when it comes to India's rising status. What is it EXACTLY that makes them Angry .

India has always admired Chinese progress and looked upon china as a role model for economic growth and efficiency .

Even though China is far ahead of India the chinese are SO INSECURE.

Maybe China should CHANGE its " all weather friend" .This friend has passed on THIS BAD habit of jealousy and insecurity.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
China want to be the one and only regional power of Asia and the only 'thorn in the flesh' is India which also aspires to be another regional power and thus undermines the accomplishments of China's ambition completely and therefore the disgust for India's growth.

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
Overconfidence will lead to distruction. I think respected member from China is little bit overconfident. Anyway all should agree that China can overtake the U.S.:emot112:

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
After 20 or 30 years India will be among top 5 powerful countries for sure. But i can't say that we will be no. 1 or 2. China will fall in top 3 countries i guess.

ajtr

Tihar Jail
Banned
This is like usa is messaging indian elite/politicians egos before obama's india trip.USA has perfected this art of indian ego messaging to get its work done by india.This article is same like bush saying india is super power or we'll help india become superpower and indian elites and media had gone ga ga over it.

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
This is just the US trying to woo India's political elite before Obama's visit in November. Nothing to get too worked up about. Move on.

We don't need to listen to Americans; we know who we are and what we can do.

SHASH2K2

I dont think anyone here is jumping with Joy . We all are realistic and we know where exactly we stand. Honestly I think we stand 4th over all as country behind America , China and Russia .As a military block we are far far behind as we are alone and part of no such block.

Rage

DFI TEAM
* Sniff sniff *

I can smell chinese ar$e on fire.

Last edited:

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Mod
Country flag
I seriously think Russia is ahead right know....

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
This is like usa is messaging indian elite/politicians egos before obama's india trip.USA has perfected this art of indian ego messaging to get its work done by india.This article is same like bush saying india is super power or we'll help india become superpower and indian elites and media had gone ga ga over it.

that's a good point - somehow the USA thinks they are dealing with kids - but indians shouldnt be too irritated about that , the usa has done the same with prc when they were pally-wally years back and also with many south east asian countries during those years of high growth rates - it is a sickening habit of the usa and i hope they will realise we meaning the rest of us outside teh states ) dont fall for that "cheap" flattery , but i guess if they meant it in a nice way , then i suppose we'll kinda accept it .

Last edited:

SATISH

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
What is this Superpower and Regional power BS?...I dont understand....no one in India cares for all these status...all India wants is 3 times of nutritious food, good water, roads, and job oppurtunities to feed oneself and family. When this is implemented in a full scale and poverty comes down to 5%, then we can think about becoming a super power...we have larger issues in hand to deal with and we need to reach the 100% education mark too.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Of course it is, but American media doesn't care for facts... they know how to stroke passions and ego and they do a good job of it.
They have not become superpower by being idiots. They know which country likes to hear what.

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
I seriously think Russia is ahead right know....
I really doubt that. Indian economy is much more powerfull and big compaired to Russian economy. Just making weapons doesn't doen't get Russia ahead of India. India almost do five times more R&D compaired to Russia.

neo29

Whats more important is that BRIC nations will be the most powerful group. Even more than EU and US together.

ejazr

Ambassador
can someone help me understand how these figures were worked out? do we have a detailed report on this, if yes, please share.

thanks.
Not sure if this is posted earlier but here is the report.

Global Governance 2025

Its been prepared by the US NIC and EU counterpart. Also keep in mind that this report IS for public consumption, a way to tell other countries what the US wants them to think what it is thinking. Not what it REALLY IS thinking--if that makes sense.

I think we should not really get worked up at no.2 or no.3 spot. The point is that in the near future no single country will have an overarching reach over the globe. That is no hyperpower like the US was for the past two decades. This means that there more need to work multilaterally more than ever. So neithe US, China let alone India will be able to act unilaterally in many fields. And the need to build up broad based alliances will be more important than ever.

The first person to actually articulate this scenario afaik was Fareed Zakaria in his book Post American World-The rise of the rest. An must read, because this is what the American establishment is probably basing its startegy on. The report also drills down in the same theme of this book and works out different scenarios.

Last edited:

Oracle

Phew! Now we are somewhere. If we keep the economic momentum going, we will be #2 within a decade.

pmaitra

So, India is the third most powerful nation in the world?

Is it more powerful than the European Union? More powerful that the Russian Federation? Can it pull off something like the Russo-Georgian War? Whoever made this list? What were the criteria?

Oh wait, didn't the USA, at one point, claim that Osama bin Laden was a freedom fighter?

Last edited:

Oracle

/\/\/\ There is nothing called a free lunch dude :happy_8:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles