US navy head: Iran strait 'keeps me awake at night'

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
US navy head: Iran strait 'keeps... JPost - Iranian Threat - News
Greenert did not get into details about what steps the US Navy would take to re-open the Strait. But when asked what about the Strait kept him awake at night, he responded: "I'm an organizer, a trainer and equipper. I'd make sure that our people have the right equipment to do the right thing."

"Our folks that transit in and around that area, I want to make sure that they're able to (deal) with the things that they need to deal with, basically self-protection, counter-swarm, ASW (anti-submarine warfare)," Greenert said.

Air Force Chief of Staff General Norton Schwartz told Reuters on Monday the Air Force would "clearly" play a role in potentially unblocking the Strait of Hormuz, if the United States took on that job.

He said the Air Force could ensure "either localized or broader air superiority," providing support to other US military assets and ensuring secure communications channels through satellites.

Nagraj

good joke!
a navy which will not survive for 6 hrs against america's navy keeps this gentleman awake !

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
In the US, they are not so worried about equipment loss.

They are deeply concerned, and even mortified, about losing lives.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles