US Military to officers: Destroy Mecca, Medina in 'Total War' on Islam

jus

Country flag
A shocking course taught to mid-to-high level U.S. military officers asserted that a "total war" against the world's 1.4 billion Muslims, including the destruction of Islam's holiest cities and the threatened starvation of Saudi Arabia, would be necessary in order to defeat Islamic terrorism because "there is no such thing as moderate Islam."

Last month, Wired reported that Gen. Martin Dempsey, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, ordered the entire U.S. military to review its training regimen to ensure that no anti-Muslim material was being taught after the Pentagon halted a class at the Joint Forces Staff College in Norfolk, Virginia which reportedly taught inflammatory material about Islam.

Wired now reports that the course contained a presentation on "A Counter-Jihad Op Design Model" calling for "total war" against all Muslims that would include "taking war to civilian population wherever necessary," the destruction of entire cities and the threat of starvation of the Saudi population in order to reduce Islam to a "cult status."

"We have now come to understand that there is no such thing as 'moderate Islam'," Army Lt. Col. Matthew A. Dooley, who delivered the lectures, asserted in a July 2011 presentation.

"It is therefore time for the United States to make our true intentions clear. This barbaric ideology will no longer be tolerated. Islam must change or we will facilitate its self-destruction."

Lt. Col. Dooley then proposes a possible four-step plan to destroy Islam. In Phase Three, "Islam [is] reduced to a cult status" and "Saudi Arabia is threatened with starvation."

International laws, such as the Geneva Conventions, which protect civilian populations are "no longer relevant," Dooley argues, allowing U.S. forces to emulate "the historical precedents of Dresden, Tokyo, Hiroshima [and] Nagasaki" to achieve "Mecca and Medina['s] destruction."

"Some of these actions offered for consideration here will not be seen as 'political correct' in the eyes of many," Dooley acknowledges, a great understatement. But he insists they are necessary to defeat Islamic extremism.

"Ultimately, we can do very little in the West to decide this matter short of waging total war."

Dooley points out that his shocking plan is "not the official policy of the United States government" and his views are intended "to generate dynamic discussion and thought." The course he taught was cancelled by top Pentagon officials after they learned of its contents.

But the fact that such a course existed, and was used to instruct high-ranking U.S. military officers -- the future military leaders of America -- could be seen by many Muslims as proof that the United States really is at war with Islam.

Many in the Muslim world are wary of America's intentions, and a host of incidents -- some inadvertent, others intentional -- have stoked their suspicions. In the wake of the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks on New York and Washington, D.C, President George W. Bush used the word "Crusade" to describe the nascent War on Terror, a poor choice of words but no indication of a war against Islam. Indeed, Bush repeatedly reached out to the Muslim world and much effort was made to "win Muslim hearts and minds."

U.S. Military Taught Officers to Use 'Hiroshima' Tactics to Destroy Mecca, Medina in 'Total War' on Islam

I have my doubts regarding DRONES where civilian deaths are maximum but US won't stop ,now Israel specifically killing civilians,ISIS killing spree entire cities and give statements like we destroy Kaba etc.Any way old news but COMPLETELY RELEVANT

Abhijat

Country flag
Re: U.S Military To officers Destroy Mecca, Medina in 'Total War' on I

They are fools if they think Islam can be destroyed by bombs . They did the same mistake in Afghanistan and havent learned anything.

Terrorism is more de-centralised then ever , and every group is linked with other providing logistic and other support. They are ideologically linked with each other.

To "destroy" Islam a counter ideology need to be propogated , destroy their base then only you can take its head.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag

They are fools if they think Islam can be destroyed by bombs . They did the same mistake in Afghanistan and havent learned anything.

Terrorism is more de-centralised then ever , and every group is linked with other providing logistic and other support. They are ideologically linked with each other.

To "destroy" Islam a counter ideology need to be propogated , destroy their base then only you can take its head.
I am not sure if it is actually required to bomb people or bomb Mecca etc.

Look at what the Soviets did. They passed strict laws on religion and imposed them with an iron hand and at the same time modernized the Muslim regions, giving the people, a proper education. The result: Even today a good deal of Muslims in post-Soviet countries (barring the Caucasus region ) are not very crazy about religion.
Of course the Soviet Union was called authoritarian as opposed to America, land of freedom and all do gooders etc but I would prefer the former over indiscriminate bombing.

Last edited:

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag

Looking for a counter-ideology is futile when the religion is so strict and to the point w/o any slighest bit of acceptance for change. The person adhering or preaching the counter-ideology would automatically be considered either an outsider or a traitor - just see what's happening with Ahmedis.

Frankly, I doubt anyone could win against Islam except putting a fence around the ME. But India is in the worst of situation, with the huge no. of truly moderate muslims and their share in society, India neither can be able to swallow or to spit! I wish the Indian muslim stayed as moderate as they have proven till date excepting a few exemptions, however the proofs are otherwise everywhere.

JBH22

Better late than never. Don't forget to include Russia and India in that campaign.

Btw there is no such thing as moderate islam.

Max Mojito

Every country has a plan for a worst case scenario even though the chance for it to happen is close to 0%. The USA also has a plan to invade Canada in case of war and we know that will never happen.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Re: US Military to officers: Destroy Mecca, Medina in 'Total War' on I

One US Army LTC Dooley got carried away. Stay calm. I am sure review of course materials is more rigorous now.

Ashutosh Lokhande

as far as india is concerned. it would be better idea to instigate nationalist sentiments rather than religion based. the moment indian muslims would stop worrying about other muslims beyond the indian borders all hatred within the country might go down. teaching of strong nationalist sentiments in madrassa is the only soultion.
indians by in large have a secular mentality. they dont have that much of a problem with other religions but islam.
coz many muslims are believed to be unpatriotic.

Last edited:

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional

Let me add this: the title is wrong. LTC Dooley will never make O-6.

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag

Firstly i would like to thank @jus for extracting this info - as i would probably have missed this
"shocking " development otherwise

Secondly we need to realise that as the article says :- Quote : Dooley points out that his shocking plan is "not the official policy of the United States government" and his views are intended "to generate dynamic discussion and thought." The course he taught was cancelled by top Pentagon officials after they learned of its contents. end of quote
We are close to the end of the world as we have known it when we see material like this being considered at
such an important institution .

They are fools if they think Islam can be destroyed by bombs . They did the same mistake in Afghanistan and havent learned anything. Terrorism is more de-centralised then ever , and every group is linked with other providing logistic and other support. They are ideologically linked with each other. To "destroy" Islam a counter ideology need to be propogated , destroy their base then only you can take its head.
Perhaps there has been some misreading because they might not intend to "destroy" it and as such the experiences in Afghanistan are not really relevant to this new idea of theirs.

This is a mischievous idea to humiliate and to show that such and such can be done to your vital cities and you cant
adequately respond . Their intention is to show the lack of power of the other side and as this article suggests - to
reduce the other to a "cult" status -i.e. to diminish its status in the eyes of its own adherents and the world .

Needless to say i certainly do not agree with it . But those mischievous forces nevertheless might persist.
If they ever get their hands on the ability to do so , we are all going to see a horrendously destabilized world
which will continue in perpetual chaos and nuclear-empowered guerrilla warfare with no geographical boundaries.
There will be no place to escape to and no peace in this world - anywhere

We should do all we can to avoid this horrific trigger -happy mistake .

Last edited by a moderator:

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag

I am not sure if it is actually required to bomb people or bomb Mecca etc.

Look at what the Soviets did. They passed strict laws on religion and imposed them with an iron hand and at the same time modernized the Muslim regions, giving the people, a proper education. The result: Even today a good deal of Muslims in post-Soviet countries (barring the Caucasus region ) are not very crazy about religion.
Of course the Soviet Union was called authoritarian as opposed to America, land of freedom and all do gooders etc but I would prefer the former over indiscriminate bombing.
Absolutely ! the Soviets did the right thing to help their Muslim republics - modernized and educated them
and the majority by far eg 99% were moderate Muslims who practiced at home an were secular in public .

Surprising the USA is not able to recognize that better way of doing things.

mattster

Respected Member
Country flag

Islam is doomed to be in perpetual conflict with other non-Islamic societies and within itself - the reasons for this in my mind boils down to the simple fact that almost all Islamic societies treat non-Muslims, and atheists as second class and third class citizens when they are in majority, and when they are in the minority, they try to create all kinds of problems for the majority based on the same rights they deny people of other faith.

Whether the reason for this behavior is based on Islamic theology, or some inherent cancer that grows out of it - I dont know, but I do know that it is inherent in all Muslim societies and communities. Note: I am not saying all Muslims subscribe to this phenomenon, but those that dont are powerless to make any difference.

Muslim societies have no tolerance for divergent views. Even the most secular and liberal Muslim societies like Malaysia and Turkey are now under attack by these same Islamo-fascists. There is no place for freedom of faith or choice, and personal liberty in Muslim societies - they are like countries run by the ever present religious Gestapo.

In the past this was not so obvious - but this is what has changed in the last 50 years.
Non-Muslims now have a deeper understanding of Islam and its "pathologies" for the lack of a better word.

People and Nations the world over, now no longer see Islam as just another one of the 4 great world religions - but a Fascist type of ideology that seeks to subjugate and enslave everything in its path.

That's why this phrase keeps popping up more often - "there is no such thing as a moderate Muslim".
Its not really about "moderate Muslims" per se. We all know that there are many moderate wonderful practicing Muslims.

Its really a recognition of the fact that Islam is not really compatible with a secular liberal democratic society and will always seek to undermine it.

It is because of this new realization that people(non-Muslims) are pushing back - from the UK to Myanmar to Sri Lanka to the North-East India - people begin to realize that there is no coexisting with these folk.

In 1927, Bertrand Russell delivered a lecture called "Why I am not a Christian". That was almost a hundred years ago, and no one touched a hair on his body. In today's world - No Muslim in any Islamic country would survive a week if he/she wrote a essay titled "Why I am not a Muslim". Yet everyday, many liberal practicing Muslims will swear up and down that there is "no compulsion in Islam".

In essence it boils down to something as simple as this: if A=B, and B=C, then A=C.
There is something fundamentally wrong with this faith, and its followers are doomed to be in conflict with others.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles