US man claims Africa land, makes daughter a 'princess'

cobra commando

Tharki regiment
Country flag
Fathers often see their daughters as royalty. But a few months ago, when Emily Heaton said she wanted to be a princess, her father Jeremiah quickly found her a kingdom. Many little girls would have been satisfied with the wooden turrets and ramparts of the castle in the community playground of rural Abingdon, Virginia, where the Heatons live. But Jeremiah was thinking bigger. Last month, he planted a flag in a tiny parcel of uninhabited land on the border between Egypt and Sudan on June 16th, Emily's seventh birthday. The Kingdom of North Sudan was born. "With a child you don't want to ever tell them they can't be something they desire to be, and at age six, her frame of reference for the world was to be a princess," Heaton told . "So Heaton told her that she could be." Heaton started researching unassigned territory that he could claim as a kingdom. At first, the search was futile. "Initially I looked at the Antarctic continent, which doesn't have a population... but due to the Antarctic Treaty, there are no new claims that are allowed to be made," he explained. So, his Internet research eventually pointed him in the direction of Bir Tawil, a few hundred square kilometers (miles) of uninhabited desert nestled between Egypt and Sudan, long neglected in stalled border negotiations.
It wasn't long before Heaton was on a plane to Africa. "I didn't see the pyramids, I didn't see Luxor, I did not see Alexandria. It was specifically to go to the border area and make the claim on Bir Tawil. I'm probably one of the few people who've been to Egypt and not seen the pyramids!" he said.

Read more here:
US man claims Africa land, makes daughter a 'princess' - Hindustan Times
:dafuq:

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
"With a child you don't want to ever tell them they can't be something they desire to be, and at age six, her frame of reference for the world was to be a princess," Heaton told . "So Heaton told her that she could be."

Veruca Salt :rolleyes:

Veruca Salt: [singing] "I want the world. I want the whole world. I want to lock it all up in my pocket. It's my bar of chocolate. Give it to me now."

Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory (1971) - IMDb

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles