US - Iran Conflict 2020

Haldiram

Country flag
Let's see how Iran responds. It doesn't have any options other than militia.
Iran is a lot like India and China. It responds later in a different format.

When Modi was swearing in for the first term, the US got their Talib bois to do an attack on our Afghan embassy. That was a probing attack to bait India into a military response that would suck us in that conflict. We didn't take the bait even though we knew who did it and why it was done. We vented it out on Pakistan and moved on. A few years later we favored the Rafale over American junk. Then UAE and Egypt also bought it. Fir Amreeka ko mirchi lagi.

This attack on Iran and its overt admission and celebration is a similar bait to challenge the authority of Iranian leaders to pressurize them into a military response at a time and place of America's choosing. Iran will respond later, like India says...at a time and place of our choosing.

The US started their Syria campaign in 2012 and estimated that they will topple Assad and wind up the regime change within 2 years. Well, here we are. The US is a "moti buddhi wala" civilization which has hardly won a decisive victory in the last 4 decades despite its technological gimmicks. Vietnam, Afghanistan, Syria, Iraq and even India (during 1971). They bring their shiny toys for gunboat diplomacy, then the other party plays their card, then their gunboats take a U-Turn. They may end up killing a lot of people with their technological superiority, but they don't manage to change status quo. For the other party, it's just a population control measure, which will be replenished in a decade anyway.

Their mindset is like "I've made my move, chalo bhailog partyy!". It ain't work like that. You make your move, then the other party makes their move, fir dekhte hai party kaun karta hai.

Last edited:

Sikhbrah

Country flag
this is an Indian defense forum. instead of opining on what US or Iran will do, main question to discuss should be how does this affect India?
Not good for India.

This General was staunchly anti-ISIS who has even blasted Pakistan for sheltering terrorist.

https://www.indiatoday.in/world/story/qassem-soleimani-on-pakistan-shelter-terror-1633675-2020-01-03

Also our investment in chahabar port.

Why US targeting Shiitees and not terrorist Sunnis in Pakistan is beyond my understanding.

Let’s see what happens next.

Last edited:

Shashank Nayak

Country flag
First thing... on Saturday US will be told to vacate Iraq. If it vacates Iraq, it would also have to vacate remaining forces I Syria, since they depend on Iraqi bases... Let's see how US goes about..

Waanar

Country flag
Not good for India.

This General was staunchly anti-ISIS who has even blasted Pakistan for sheltering terrorist.

https://www.indiatoday.in/world/story/qassem-soleimani-on-pakistan-shelter-terror-1633675-2020-01-03

Why US targeting Shiitees and not terrorist Sunnis in Pakistan is beyond my understanding.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_attacks_on_Israeli_diplomats

The journalist convicted was suspected of acting on commands of IRGC. While he may have sided with India on certain issues, that was probably motivated by hate for Porkis due to the attack on IRGC parade rather than calling a spade, a spade.

Nothing's black and white, especially with our non-alignment policy.

Haldiram

Country flag
Not good for India.

The US and Saudis are in one camp. That's why they use Sunnis as their pawns in all theaters, be it Kashmir, Afghanistan, Iraq, Somalia. America gives the money, Saudi gives the ideology and Pakistan supplies the cannon fodder. It's a well oiled machinery, why would they airstrike them.

Assassin 2.0

Country flag
China is having a good new year starting.

I certainly believe that fallout of this American action will make iran to totally dilute the nuclear deal which they had with US and other parties as that deal was already getting into thin air.

If iran and US war happens loss of life will be huge and even tho india and china in short term will face huge challenges of oil and other things. But more pressure would be given for development of electric cars and nuclear power.

And just in the same way how Chinese slowly slowly developed capabilities under American nose when they were in Afghanistan war. This will happen again and China ultimately will try to take all the benefits.

Pakistan will absolutely follow American and saudi line.

Many Muslim countries can make peace with Israel in order to Tackle bigger threat iran.

here2where

Make no mistake - no.2 in Iran was killed. Iran will have its revenge. Very openly in daylight.

On lighter side, if someone gave me that look, i would shit my pants right there.

Qassem.jpg

And boy, was he handsome or what!

captscooby81

Country flag
Not pointing out just to clear UAE didn't buy Rafales its Qatar who bought Rafale's.

Iran is a lot like India and China. It responds later in a different format.

When Modi was swearing in for the first term, the US got their Talib bois to do an attack on our Afghan embassy. That was a probing attack to bait India into a military response that would suck us in that conflict. We didn't take the bait even though we knew who did it and why it was done. We vented it out on Pakistan and moved on. A few years later we favored the Rafale over American junk. Then UAE and Egypt also bought it. Fir Amreeka ko mirchi lagi.

This attack on Iran and its overt admission and celebration is a similar bait to challenge the authority of Iranian leaders to pressurize them into a military response at a time and place of America's choosing. Iran will respond later, like India says...at a time and place of our choosing.

The US started their Syria campaign in 2012 and estimated that they will topple Assad and wind up the regime change within 2 years. Well, here we are. The US is a "moti buddhi wala" civilization which has hardly won a decisive victory in the last 4 decades despite its technological gimmicks. Vietnam, Afghanistan, Syria, Iraq and even India (during 1971). They bring their shiny toys for gunboat diplomacy, then the other party plays their card, then their gunboats take a U-Turn. They may end up killing a lot of people with their technological superiority, but they don't manage to change status quo. For the other party, it's just a population control measure, which will be replenished in a decade anyway.

Their mindset is like "I've made my move, chalo bhailog partyy!". It ain't work like that. You make your move, then the other party makes their move, fir dekhte hai party kaun karta hai.

captscooby81

Country flag
This is big much much bigger than OBL . Here the person killed is Top rank general of country and he was killed in non war time . I am sure USA would have done its calculations on escalation from the Iranian side.

Iran can and will only do proxy war expect more attacks in Iraq and also in Lebanon and countries where Iran can target Israel interest

Assassin 2.0

Country flag

Babaint.

On a serious note we cannot let any other Islamic extremist country to have nuclear weapons its not in our interest. And india should actively promote it's cultural links with iran but we should also be concerned and the Islamic extremist guys which are in power and . Iran actively supported napak in 1971 war tho.

Sikhbrah

Country flag
On a serious note we cannot let any other Islamic extremist country to have nuclear weapons its not in our interest. And india should actively promote it's cultural links with iran but we should also be concerned and the Islamic extremist guys which are in power and . Iran actively supported napak in 1971 war tho.
Only the leadership of Iran are Islamic, the sentiment on the majority of the population is very different.

Iranians if left to be, are a generation or two from converting to Zoroastrian/Atheistism.

Waanar

Country flag
Only the leadership of Iran are Islamic, the sentiment on the majority of the population is very different.

Iranians if left to be, are a generation or two from converting to Zoroastrian/Atheistism.
Well said. A religion like Islam does not deserve people of Iran. They're extremely sensible people all around.

Bosch

Country flag
I am very curious to know what Qassem Suleimani was planning that he needed to be present in Baghdad and which the US could not risk ignoring.

Waanar

Country flag
I am very curious to know what Qassem Suleimani was planning that he needed to be present in Baghdad and which the US could not risk ignoring.
Chatter says he was planning a coup and was going to get Salih arrested. I dismissed it as propaganda on USA's part. Meanwhile, Pompeo says this was a legal action.

Kumata

Country flag
so US have issued a NOTAM to avoid PAKI air space... there goes few dollar mulla was earning. On top, Russia and turkey are being aggresive. In my opinion, Iran will retailiate. they have declared 3 days of mourning ... to think over place and time.

Meanwhile, US is busy de escalating the situation... mike pampeo is at front....

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles