US court issues summons against Modi

Meriv90

Yes, Modi's visa to USA was revoked in 2005 which was issued in 2003, while the incident took place in 2002. How come the visa was issued in the first place?

The reason was his name was placed in a list of Human rights violators, which had no other names then and till now.

So, for USA there is only one human rights violators in the entire world in a decade and it is (was) Modi.

Now, if you think refusal of visa is a absolute truth to make any one a violator of Human rights, you very well can continue to live in your la la land.

And I will take about law only when you post the exact provisions of it. Don't talk in generic strength.

Police action against protestors in Rome too infringes on human rights, can India pass judgement against mayor of Rome?

So, if you want to debate better get down to details, generic statements don't hold water here.
I don't want to debate, nor I said that I believe what the US stated (since at the head of the commision there was a pakistani), I will form my opinion in the future after studying what happened.

I just asked if the visa ban was just from the US or from Europe too, and if there wasn't if Modi ever traveled to europe.

Just that nothing else.

ladder

Country flag
I don't want to debate, nor I said that I believe what the US stated (since at the head of the commision there was a pakistani), I will form my opinion in the future after studying what happened.

I just asked if the visa ban was just from the US or from Europe too, and if there wasn't if Modi ever traveled to europe.

Just that nothing else.
Do you believe European countries will take a different stance from USA? :laugh:

Last edited:

Hari Sud

Country flag
This is a bunch of Sikh terrorists living in US under a civilian garb and all those Muslim intrests from Pakistan and Middle East combined together to fund this case. Their lawyer Gurpartap Singh is himself a Khalistani ( a terrorists of the same type held by US at Gutanamo Bay) has been involved in several brawls for the control of Gurdwaras.

If such is the case then General Musharraf later president be summoned in US court for overthrowing elected government and all these Sikh terrorists using Gurdwara funds be summoned to court to explain their connection to terrorism and using religious funds for a political cause. This is crime under US laws.

It is best that US courts stay out of these cases and summarily dissmiss them.

prohumanity

Country flag
Folks ! I went and did research to find out who this guy is ,who filed this frivolous, stupid legal suit against the PM of India. He is a NOBODY in the US. He is a little local council man of Harvey, IL. There is little town in Illionois, named Harvey, IL, with a total population of 25,000 (yes, just twenty five thousand) inhabited by 90 % blacks , very uneducated, very poor and extremely crime ridden...Crime rate in Harvey is extremely high ,in fact, it comes in the most dangerous place to live in America. (crime rate more than 98% of all US cities/towns) Harvey local body is almost bankrupt and has not paid state taxes in last few years. Unemployment rate is over 50%. Last year population was 30,000 , this year it is 25000...people are leaving this little black town each day in droves. The guy's name is Joseph Whttington, a fanatical, civil war nostalgic, black man, still extremely angry at whites and other races.
Why did he file this fake lawsuit? May be for cheap publicity or for someone who paid him a few thousand dollars? We don't know. The media is magnifying this tiny, little meaningless incident out of proportion. You can google about Harvey, Cook County, Illinois and see the data And info on the website of this tiny black town of 25000 and its councilman, Joseph Whittington. There are many puny, little , angry people in US who like to get some cheap publicity but have zero influence on Americans.

prohumanity

Country flag
2 glaring things......

1st America and its institutions habit of meddling in others affairs
2nd some peoples' desperation to get into lime light no matter what it takes

My personal opinion is to ignore such morons who clearly do such things for publicity stunts!

You are right. See my post describing facts about this little, guy from Harvey, Illinois who has ZERO influence on American people. Ignore such moron...Absolutely...He does not speak for American people..He is just a disgruntled, angry black man. He does not represent Great American people at all.

Punya Pratap

Country flag
I'm not saying that is correct or not nor this is my opinion.

Since it is about a "pogrom" and in consequence a human right violation by international laws all countries are able to prosecute the crime. And in some countries the judge is "forced" to prosecute or he will be trialed.

I'm curius, has ever Modi traveled to Europe before becoming PM? I'm not used to common law systems like US one so yours is far more similar, could the process go further and the sentence take action when the mandate ends?
Meriv, you have to understand that there is a case already going on in India and here is the link as reported by one of the leading daily newspaper of India:

2002 Gujarat riots: I feel liberated and at peace, Modi after court verdict - The Times of India

For your information in 2012, PM Modi was cleared of complicity in the violence by a Special Investigation Team (SIT) appointed by the Supreme Court of India. The SIT also rejected claims that the state government had not done enough to prevent the riots. The Muslim community was reported to have reacted with "anger and disbelief," and activist Teesta Setalvad has said that the legal process was not yet complete as there existed a right to appeal. In July 2013 allegations were made that the SIT had suppressed evidence. That December, an Indian court upheld the earlier SIT report and rejected a petition seeking Modi's prosecution. In April 2014, the Supreme Court expressed satisfaction over the SIT's investigations in nine cases related to the violence, and rejected as "baseless" a plea contesting the SIT report.

I understand that your opinion will be influenced by what you hear/read but what I was trying to tell you is that using a word such as "pogrom" for the Gujarat riots is flawed. Ahemdabad which was the original capital of the state of Gujarat had riots every year before the 2002 riots and such was the situation that there was a riot in the Old City of Ahemadabad if there was a India-Pakistan cricket match or Kite Flying Festival! Further for your information after the 2002 riots there has been no riots in the entire state and the Muslims of Gujarat are very impressed with Narendra Modi.

Punya Pratap

Country flag
You are right. See my post describing facts about this little, guy from Harvey, Illinois who has ZERO influence on American people. Ignore such moron...Absolutely...He does not speak for American people..He is just a disgruntled, angry black man. He does not represent Great American people at all.
Prohumanity what is the American public and more importantly the American Media's opinion about Modi with all his high profile engagements and speeches?

Meriv90

Meriv, you have to understand that there is a case already going on in India and here is the link as reported by one of the leading daily newspaper of India:

2002 Gujarat riots: I feel liberated and at peace, Modi after court verdict - The Times of India

For your information in 2012, PM Modi was cleared of complicity in the violence by a Special Investigation Team (SIT) appointed by the Supreme Court of India. The SIT also rejected claims that the state government had not done enough to prevent the riots. The Muslim community was reported to have reacted with "anger and disbelief," and activist Teesta Setalvad has said that the legal process was not yet complete as there existed a right to appeal. In July 2013 allegations were made that the SIT had suppressed evidence. That December, an Indian court upheld the earlier SIT report and rejected a petition seeking Modi's prosecution. In April 2014, the Supreme Court expressed satisfaction over the SIT's investigations in nine cases related to the violence, and rejected as "baseless" a plea contesting the SIT report.

I understand that your opinion will be influenced by what you hear/read but what I was trying to tell you is that using a word such as "pogrom" for the Gujarat riots is flawed. Ahemdabad which was the original capital of the state of Gujarat had riots every year before the 2002 riots and such was the situation that there was a riot in the Old City of Ahemadabad if there was a India-Pakistan cricket match or Kite Flying Festival! Further for your information after the 2002 riots there has been no riots in the entire state and the Muslims of Gujarat are very impressed with Narendra Modi.
You don't have to convince me, as I said I still need to inform myself and right now I don't have the time to form my opinion until then by the concept of presumption of innocence he has no fault .

I was just answering why the US were meddling in the affair, mentioning the universal jurisdiction, as it has happened to Pinochet (I'm not saying that they are the same! Just giving a precedent).

Punya Pratap

Country flag
You don't have to convince me, as I said I still need to inform myself and right now I don't have the time to form my opinion until then by the concept of presumption of innocence he has no fault .

I was just answering why the US were meddling in the affair, mentioning the universal jurisdiction, as it has happened to Pinochet (I'm not saying that they are the same! Just giving a precedent).
I understand your logic about forming an informed opinion but I don't understand why any country should meddle with others affairs when that country has a strong judiciary. There is a term "Law of the Land" which I would like to throw at the US judge.

prohumanity

Country flag
Prohumanity what is the American public and more importantly the American Media's opinion about Modi with all his high profile engagements and speeches?
Punya, American people ,in general are very curious and interested to know more about Mr.Modi as they mostly think about India as a nation which is enchanting, exotic, mysterious and many Americans tell me " you guys from India are so smart" Average Americans are very good , tolerant and open minded people (of course some are not)
As for American mainstream media is very low quality...for them breaking news is "Lindsey Lohan is going to drug rehab again" "so and so actor broke up with his girlfriend" All stupid and junk news to create sensation . UN general assembly news is either not there or given in a very minimal fashion with distorted manner. Media does not want people here to pay attention to important issues...it's a conspiracy against Americans to keep them entangled in silly, unimportant issues. Mainstream Media is a whore who is ready to serve anyone who pays her. Their are special interest groups who have their agenda to propagate what is profitable to them. Like now a days, Marijuana lobby is promoting Marijuana as the best thing ever happened to humans as they want to create billions of dollars of business of Marijuana and don't care about Americans kids becoming "pot heads" and "demotivated"
Its all about greed and profit. Media does not serve people..they serve the interests of profiteers and are propaganda tools . Lots of local news channels peddle sex and violence and sensation arising from such news. People are becoming weaker and powerless and now, most are afraid as they know Govt. is spying on them, watching their internet activity, reading their e-mails and listening to their phone calls. Fear of Govt and sense of anxiety and paranoia is palpable in America along with a sense of helplessness.

Punya Pratap

Country flag
Punya, American people ,in general are very curious and interested to know more about Mr.Modi as they mostly think about India as a nation which is enchanting, exotic, mysterious and many Americans tell me " you guys from India are so smart" Average Americans are very good , tolerant and open minded people (of course some are not)
As for American mainstream media is very low quality...for them breaking news is "Lindsey Lohan is going to drug rehab again" "so and so actor broke up with his girlfriend" All stupid and junk news to create sensation . UN general assembly news is either not there or given in a very minimal fashion with distorted manner. Media does not want people here to pay attention to important issues...it's a conspiracy against Americans to keep them entangled in silly, unimportant issues. Mainstream Media is a whore who is ready to serve anyone who pays her. Their are special interest groups who have their agenda to propagate what is profitable to them. Like now a days, Marijuana lobby is promoting Marijuana as the best thing ever happened to humans as they want to create billions of dollars of business of Marijuana and don't care about Americans kids becoming "pot heads" and "demotivated"
Its all about greed and profit. Media does not serve people..they serve the interests of profiteers and are propaganda tools . Lots of local news channels peddle sex and violence and sensation arising from such news. People are becoming weaker and powerless and now, most are afraid as they know Govt. is spying on them, watching their internet activity, reading their e-mails and listening to their phone calls. Fear of Govt and sense of anxiety and paranoia is palpable in America along with a sense of helplessness.
Prohumanity thank you for your inputs... much appreciated!

I shall second your opinion about American Media and mostly because Media has the power to influence our society. Case in point :--- I come into contact with a lot of American tourists who travel to India as I am from tourism industry. We saw a sharp dip in the inflow of American Tourists after 9/11 and through out the early days of Afghanistan campaign launched by NATO forces. I spoke to the very few Americans that came to India why the Americans were nt coming to India and the answer surprised me.....they were of the opinion that Afghanistan unrest will spread to India!! When I pointed out that we dont even share a common boundary with Afghanistan they looked at me as if I had given them some extraordinary fact!

I have also found out over my discussions is that Americans cannot pin point Pakistan on the World Map while they have poured Trillions of Dollars!!

Well I can say is that the Fourth Estate ought to educate and spread knowledge that is meaningful and constructive...the Lindsay Lohans dont make up the world and whatever happens to the Lohans will not have an impact on the average Americans life but a Indo-US partnership will certainly have an impact no matter how minuscule. For example Jobs will be generated by Boeing when they supply the Apache's and Chinooks!

dastan

Good to know that Indian media aren't the only douchebags around

prohumanity

Country flag
Well...believe or not...I find Indian media certainly of better quality than mainstream American media. Some channels such as Rajya Sabha TV have very deep and meaningful discussions. You don't see serious group discussions on US media. It's mostly silly, weird news with sensationalism.
Americans are kept in dark about what really is going on in the world . I love YOUTUBE as you can find real interviews, press conferences etc. to gain real insight into world events.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Actually, it is stupid of the US court to summon a PM of another country.

That way George Bush would be summoned by the Courts of Iraq, Iran and any other Muslim country, to include Afghanistan and Pakistan for commissions and omissions.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
And other Presidents of the US for their acts of commission and omissions.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Actually, it is stupid of the US court to summon a PM of another country.

That way George Bush would be summoned by the Courts of Iraq, Iran and any other Muslim country, to include Afghanistan and Pakistan for commissions and omissions.
American leftists pray for such an outcome.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles