US, China heading towards Cold War?

Impluseblade

You are clearly underestimating the potential of India. Why should India just be a back-up? Ask the Indian members here and they will give you a clear picture.

NO, only the groups I mentioned will reach the possible balance point in power and all have enough ambitions to paly the game. India is obviously the only left back-up power for Russia to recover from its bad shape nowadays.

Zebra

Country flag
If a second Cold War is about to start, then maybe it's time for a second Non-Aligned Movement.
To be safe I would call it as a second 'so-called' non aligned moment.

Zebra

Country flag
China still needs support from Russia and Russia needs help from China in certain situations too. In addition, I can't find a major conflict in interest between these two countries and both are isolated by U.S.

I believe that India will become the fifth pole in the near future if they can sustain its growth in GDP
1) NATO
2) India
3) China - Russia
4) EURO
5) Other countries
First, being in the middle of Asia Pacific and CAR.

Second, a top ten military power right on the top of IOR.

India can be a pivot, a game changer.

But India can't be a pole by it's own. No way.

BTW, still you guys do not forget to keep Russia on your side, isn't it.

cinoti

Tihar Jail
Banned
First, being in the middle of Asia Pacific and CAR.

Second, a top ten military power right on the top of IOR.

India can be a pivot, a game changer.

But India can't be a pole by it's own. No way.

BTW, still you guys do not forget to keep Russia on your side, isn't it.

Russkies are on no body's side, their only allies are their army and navy. They will give up any other strategic partners if necessary, by any I meant India in 1962, when Cuban Missle Crisis happened, the Soviets just threw the game.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
Two poles? NATO and SCO?
The most possible future is multi-pole world with four groups:
A-S Union containing US, UK and other A-S countries;
European Union with France and Germany as its axis;
East Asia Union with China as its majority part;
Russia-India Axis.
The cooperations and counter moves among these groups will become more and more dynamic in the next few decades.
LOL

A-S union sounds reasonable, so does European Union.

But East Asia union, seriously? Huh - first the countries in that region need to learn to tolerate each other. As of now, we have South Korea, Japan and China, which all dislike and distrust each other to various degrees. Then there is that madhouse North Korea, which no one likes, and China just props up, but dislikes all the same. Then there is Taiwan, which cannot stand China politically, and which dislike Japan and Korea in general (the feeling is mutual, as always). Many Hong-Kongese don't like to be called "Chinese" (they prefer being referred to as belonging to Hong Kong - I say this out of personal experience). Trust me, I know East Asia very well. You guys never miss a chance to put down each others countries and make fun of each others cultures and nations in front of foreigners. Koreans diss Japan, Japanese diss China, Hong Kongese diss mainland Chinese... East Asian union? Hah!

India-Russia union is even not likely either - India is moving away from Russia, if anything - not going closer!

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
In 1980, China launched a DF 5 ICBM and hit a bull's eye in South East Pacific Ocean.]
In 1980 China launched a DF 5 ICBM that landed 800 miles off course.Discussion is missiles that can hit the target. :rofl:

J20!

Country flag
In 1980 China launched a DF 5 ICBM that landed 800 miles off course.Discussion is missiles that can hit the target. :rofl:
They're called links, you should try posting a few to compliment the usual rubbish u post. But since there are no links into your imagination, I doubt you'll find any...

GromHellscream

LOL

A-S union sounds reasonable, so does European Union.

But East Asia union, seriously? Huh - first the countries in that region need to learn to tolerate each other. As of now, we have South Korea, Japan and China, which all dislike and distrust each other to various degrees. Then there is that madhouse North Korea, which no one likes, and China just props up, but dislikes all the same. Then there is Taiwan, which cannot stand China politically, and which dislike Japan and Korea in general (the feeling is mutual, as always). Many Hong-Kongese don't like to be called "Chinese" (they prefer being referred to as belonging to Hong Kong - I say this out of personal experience). Trust me, I know East Asia very well. You guys never miss a chance to put down each others countries and make fun of each others cultures and nations in front of foreigners. Koreans diss Japan, Japanese diss China, Hong Kongese diss mainland Chinese... East Asian union? Hah!

India-Russia union is even not likely either - India is moving away from Russia, if anything - not going closer!
Nothing is impossible. And it will be the most possible result if US and China get some extent compromise.
No matter people in all those countries feel ugly towards each other, it is always the common interest that is the most important thing.
G2 concept provided by US years ago was rejected immediately by China, because both countries knew that under current power balance, the relation of so called G2 will be inevitably changed into a boss-slave kind. But that doesn't implies that China will reject some new kind of G2 concept in the future. China can act the role of PM and still respect US as the president meanwhile.

Zebra

Country flag
Russkies are on no body's side, their only allies are their army and navy. They will give up any other strategic partners if necessary, by any I meant India in 1962, when Cuban Missle Crisis happened, the Soviets just threw the game.
What about post#38, in that post the 2nd poll mentioned is India and the 3rd one is China - Russia.

As I said the 2nd one is not true and as you said "Russkies are on no body's side" that means the 3rd poll China - Russia is not true either.

btw, I think the poll should be like this.....(I may be wrong though).

1) US.
2) China.
3) Russia.

K Factor

A Concerned Indian
China still needs support from Russia and Russia needs help from China in certain situations too. In addition, I can't find a major conflict in interest between these two countries and both are isolated by U.S.

I believe that India will become the fifth pole in the near future if they can sustain its growth in GDP
1) NATO
2) India
3) China - Russia
4) EURO
5) Other countries
How are NATO and EURO in separate blocks? EURO countries that are not in NATO hardly count either.
Also, if Russia forms a block, it will most likely be with India than China. [Hint - read this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sino-Soviet_border_conflict] The reason China developed nukes was Russia in the first place.
If India is not with Russia, there is potential to form a block with the other Asian countries (Malaysia, Vietnam, Thailand, Indonesia, etc, most of whom do not get along with China in general)

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
They're called links, you should try posting a few to compliment the usual rubbish u post. But since there are no links into your imagination, I doubt you'll find any...
fas.org said:
The second shot may well have been a failure, coming down perhaps 800 miles off course.

DF-5 - China Nuclear Forces
Two tests, one a miserable failure and you got an ICBM. Even India tests nuke missiles more. :scared2: :lol:

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
How are NATO and EURO in separate blocks? EURO countries that are not in NATO hardly count either.
Also, if Russia forms a block, it will most likely be with India than China. [Hint - read this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sino-Soviet_border_conflict] The reason China developed nukes was Russia in the first place.
If India is not with Russia, there is potential to form a block with the other Asian countries (Malaysia, Vietnam, Thailand, Indonesia, etc, most of whom do not get along with China in general)
That link you gave link gets a "Bad Title" error.

Try this one.

Sino-Soviet border conflict - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Is that 1969 conflict very relevant today?

Last edited:

badguy2000

Respected Member
where do indians fit in between US-China arms race ? Most Indians and
the government could care less. Is a 2 trillion toxic US debt
holding in China is a safety net for china or a disaster worst than a nuclear war?
China is totally dependent on USA and should not mistake itself as being on
par with USA and above the rest of the world at a GDP of 8,000 a person you
are still in the third world.
well, China is a country with 8 trillion GDP and 6000USD per capital GDP at the same time.

kickok1975

The distances China has been testing missiles is at 3500km. From the closest point to Paris is 6000km and the distance from China's missile silos is 7500km.
Can you please leave Fance out of this topic? France? get your house cleaned first. not many people are interested in that country, it's irrelevant.

Last edited:

Bushra Aziz

There is no cold war. The notorious concept of Cold War has died down with the disintegration of Soviet Union. We have seen Russian Federation taking over the responsibilities and powers of erstwhile Soviet Union. Every country has clash of interests with other countries but this does not mean Cold War. We have see the two blood thirsty enemies blocks "Capitalists versus Communists" fighting together against their common enemy in Afghanistan. These joint operations and tactical cum strategic help to a level of sharing arsenal and infrastructure indicates something else. China is not enemy of India nor New Delhi should try to engage in unnecessary controversy. India has reached to a reasonable stage economically. Indian should feel proud of its software engineers and computer experts. Western nations would never live East to come up to a certain level. Same is the reason why Indian students are being targeted in Australia and US.
India has still time not to become a pawn in the hands of western powers. The Cold War between US and China, which you are referring would be fought at the Indian Battlefield. New Delhi will be provided with cache of arms and ammunition and latest equipment but controlled, only to be used against China and Iran. It is irony that Washington on the other hand has made billions of dollars investment in China and the Chinese in US. By dragging Indians in this bloody paper war would mean ensuring that India remains in the list of developing countries. Its high time to give up taking challenges of other nations and stand on own feet. All the neighbouring Asian countries should keep the foreign military cooperation to level that is only necessary to be included in the list of civilized countries.

Country flag
There is no cold war. The notorious concept of Cold War has died down with the disintegration of Soviet Union. We have seen Russian Federation taking over the responsibilities and powers of erstwhile Soviet Union. Every country has clash of interests with other countries but this does not mean Cold War. We have see the two blood thirsty enemies blocks "Capitalists versus Communists" fighting together against their common enemy in Afghanistan. These joint operations and tactical cum strategic help to a level of sharing arsenal and infrastructure indicates something else. China is not enemy of India nor New Delhi should try to engage in unnecessary controversy. India has reached to a reasonable stage economically. Indian should feel proud of its software engineers and computer experts. Western nations would never live East to come up to a certain level. Same is the reason why Indian students are being targeted in Australia and US.
India has still time not to become a pawn in the hands of western powers. The Cold War between US and China, which you are referring would be fought at the Indian Battlefield. New Delhi will be provided with cache of arms and ammunition and latest equipment but controlled, only to be used against China and Iran. It is irony that Washington on the other hand has made billions of dollars investment in China and the Chinese in US. By dragging Indians in this bloody paper war would mean ensuring that India remains in the list of developing countries. Its high time to give up taking challenges of other nations and stand on own feet. All the neighbouring Asian countries should keep the foreign military cooperation to level that is only necessary to be included in the list of civilized countries.
India is least interested in this so called new cold war. India is a spectator and being
#3 will have to watch what #1 and #2 do other than that India is a neutral bystander.

K Factor

A Concerned Indian

Global Defence

New threads

Articles