US, China heading towards Cold War?

Jim Street

Country flag
If US, Russia and China end up creating bipolar world, number of major conflicts leading to a global war comes into picture and we know how it ends up, just look into history. We need to have at least another pole, group of countries, strong enough to have minimal deterrence against these two poles, NATO and SCO (if SCO turns out to be a military group).

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
The US China cold war started quite sometime back. The difference between the last cold war and this cold war is that the adversaries may well end up exchanging direct blows a s not through proxies. Makes this more dangerous.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
If Chinese wish to cover entire US, France would have been covered.
One would assume so if they can launch space stations, a global ICBM should be child's play. China can't launch into the Pacific to test long range missiles so it is not confirmed that they can reach those ranges. We know they can hit from one end of China to other.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
One would assume so if they can launch space stations, a global ICBM should be child's play. China can't launch into the Pacific to test long range missiles so it is not confirmed that they can reach those ranges. We know they can hit from one end of China to other.
If any one can hit from one end of China on to the other, he can surely hit France from one of the ends.

s002wjh

Country flag
let just say NO one willing to test an ICBM travel to the other side of world. it will create an international incident. but yea china has the ability to lunch ICBM at N.america

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
If any one can hit from one end of China on to the other, he can surely hit France from one of the ends.
The distances China has been testing missiles is at 3500km. From the closest point to Paris is 6000km and the distance from China's missile silos is 7500km.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
let just say NO one willing to test an ICBM travel to the other side of world. it will create an international incident. but yea china has the ability to lunch ICBM at N.america
All the major nuclear powers except China test ICBM/SLBMs to their intended ranges. US shoots them over the Pacific, Russia launches them over the Arctic circle and France launches them over the Atlantic. China only launches them inside their airspace which isn't nearly enough to test range.

cinoti

Tihar Jail
Banned
China does not have that kind of ideological base and international support for that idelogy to indulge into cold war with USA. It would be Democracy Vs Chinese Totalitarianism. China supported by North Korea, Pakistan and Iran Vs Americans backed by the rest of the world.

Chinese are either dreaming or paranoid !
Why don't you just replace the world "democracy" with "India"?

s002wjh

Country flag
All the major nuclear powers except China test ICBM/SLBMs to their intended ranges. US shoots them over the Pacific, Russia launches them over the Arctic circle and France launches them over the Atlantic. China only launches them inside their airspace which isn't nearly enough to test range.
russia and US test the missile during cold war. china on the other hand start late in the ICBM club, and certainly they won't test ICBM now. and judge by their space program they have the ability for missile to reach n.america, rocket motor are pretty mature now. today, there is no need to test the full range of ICBM, as the range of ICBM can be calculate by fuel, efficiency of rocket motor etc.

also where you get the source says china didn't test a missile with long range.

cinoti

Tihar Jail
Banned
China has never launched a missile far enough to hit France much less any corner of the world. Given they can launch things into space, it is not unlikely that they can.
Come on French Indian, in 1980, China launched a DF 5 ICBM and hit a bull's eye in South East Pacific Ocean, covering a range of 9353.72 kilometers. Now pick up your calculator and figure out how far France is from China.
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3208/2932289543_ba2740fdcd_o.jpg

cinoti

Tihar Jail
Banned
Please don't mislead forum readers with your pure ignorance.

Country flag
I have full respect for your country and am sorry that I didn't mention your country's name. I was responding to

" Quote Originally Posted by
This is how the race starts between number one and number two. This arms race has also
spilled over into a diplomatic enemity, with China opposing US on many diplomatic issues
Iran,Syria etc.."

Here is my edited response:

Balance in power is always needed. What U.S. is doing is just trying to protect the American way of life. How about other people's way of life, like Indians'? Do they care?
where do indians fit in between US-China arms race ? Most Indians and
the government could care less. Is a 2 trillion toxic US debt
holding in China is a safety net for china or a disaster worst than a nuclear war?
China is totally dependent on USA and should not mistake itself as being on
par with USA and above the rest of the world at a GDP of 8,000 a person you
are still in the third world.

Last edited:
Country flag
If US, Russia and China end up creating bipolar world, number of major conflicts leading to a global war comes into picture and we know how it ends up, just look into history. We need to have at least another pole, group of countries, strong enough to have minimal deterrence against these two poles, NATO and SCO (if SCO turns out to be a military group).
China has adopted the policy of befriending enemies of USA coming in the guise of
a friend and an anti-US ally then raping the country of it's resources and wealth.
Currently happening with Iran,Pakistan and many african nations and also
starting in south america.

Last edited:

TTCUSM

If a second Cold War is about to start, then maybe it's time for a second Non-Aligned Movement.

Impluseblade

Will you guys give me a break? At first, I didn't mention India in my discussion of an arm-race between China and U.S. Some of your fellow Indians are not happy to be left out. Then I edited my post and included India in the picture. Now you are saying most of Indians don't care.

Ok, it is my final edit:

This is how the race starts between number one (India) and number two (US). China will cheer for both.

where do indians fit in between US-China arms race ? Most Indians and
the government could care less. Is a 2 trillion toxic US debt
holding in China is a safety net for china or a disaster worst than a nuclear war?
China is totally dependent on USA and should not mistake itself as being on
par with USA and above the rest of the world at a GDP of 8,000 a person you
are still in the third world.

GromHellscream

Two poles? NATO and SCO?
The most possible future is multi-pole world with four groups:
A-S Union containing US, UK and other A-S countries;
European Union with France and Germany as its axis;
East Asia Union with China as its majority part;
Russia-India Axis.
The cooperations and counter moves among these groups will become more and more dynamic in the next few decades.

Impluseblade

China still needs support from Russia and Russia needs help from China in certain situations too. In addition, I can't find a major conflict in interest between these two countries and both are isolated by U.S.

I believe that India will become the fifth pole in the near future if they can sustain its growth in GDP
1) NATO
2) India
3) China - Russia
4) EURO
5) Other countries

Two poles? NATO and SCO?
The most possible future is multi-pole world with four groups:
A-S Union containing US, UK and other A-S countries;
European Union with France and Germany as its axis;
East Asia Union with China as its majority part;
Russia-India Axis.
The cooperations and counter moves among these groups will become more and more dynamic in the next few decades.

GromHellscream

And an extra point should also be mentioned here, the group who will have full control in Middle-East, thus means oil, will win the future.
But this conclusion is basd on the assumption that human race will not have break through in Energy-Revolution in the next few decades.
Besides oil, the food and water are other strategy issues might trigger serious problems in the future.

GromHellscream

China still needs support from Russia and Russia needs help from China in certain situations too. In addition, I can't find a major conflict in interest between these two countries and both are isolated by U.S.

I believe that India will become the fifth pole in the near future if they can sustain its growth in GDP
1) NATO
2) India
3) China - Russia
4) EURO
5) Other countries
NO, only the groups I mentioned will reach the possible balance point in power and all have enough ambitions to paly the game. India is obviously the only left back-up power for Russia to recover from its bad shape nowadays.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles