US: Biden's brother receives suspicious package from India

JayATL

US: Biden's brother receives suspicious package from India - Rediff.com India News

United States Vice President Joe Biden's younger brother has received a suspicious package in his mail from India [ Images ], containing a powdery substance, which the Federal Bureau of Investigation has ruled as anthrax.

Neither the law enforcement authorities nor Biden's brother Francis Biden would say where in India this package was mailed from. The package was addressed to Francis, who was taken to hospital after the suspicions white power from the package spilled onto his hand once he opened the package. He immediately called the police, who evacuated the neighborhood.

Francis, 57, and his girlfriend Mindy, who had collected the package, were taken to a nearby hospital. They have both been released.

He heads a nonprofit school in Florida [ Images ], which operates eight tuition-free charter schools. These schools accept students who have either dropped out of school or are in danger of dropping out.

JayATL

you guys heard anything locally about this? Naturally its anti-Indian forces behind it...but more concerning is that ANTHRAX is available to be distributed in India now?

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
I thought it would be a warning to dump Obama and not to stand as VP with him.

This thing needs more investigation. Why will anyone from India send Anthrax?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I read that it was a 'white powder' that analysed did not reveal that it was anthrax.

I don't think India is against Obama.

In fact, I wonder if any US President's election has affected India.

JayATL

containing a powdery substance, which the Federal Bureau of Investigation has ruled as anthrax
This is quite scary - because it created a havoc in the US after 911 and the problem is that regula people can be targeted very easily...all mail collecting , parsing institutions now need similar anthrax detection units like the United postal service has ( includes UPS, FedEx etc). But the problem remains if someone simply comes and drops off a package at your door..

bhramos

Country flag
I read that it was a 'white powder' that analysed did not reveal that it was anthrax.

I don't think India is against Obama.

In fact, I wonder if any US President's election has affected India.
this may sent by anti-Indian forces, to downplay indo-us relations, as for now Us-pak relations going down and Indo-US relations are going up........

Param

What if its just Vibhuti mailed by some Temple? Such incidents have happened in the past.

JayATL

anything about this in the indian media? especially on the anthrax end?

Global Defence

New threads

Articles