US-based Sikh rights group to rally behind Sangeeta Richard

warriorextreme

Country flag
It is not right to generalize all Sikhs just like it is not right to label all muslims as terrorists.. However I have read somewhere that some Sikhs enter USA illegally and claim that they had to leave India as they were tortured on the basis of their religion...

Very dirty game they are playing if above is true..They should learn something from our patriotic Sikh brother in India and learn/Remember that there is no country in the world which will fight for them when they are shot dead by wrongly accusing them of being terrorists.

Deccani

Tihar Jail
Banned
human rights, they are very sensitive and people miss use it.

2ndly they have quota of of some 5000 to 20000 people per year granting asylum by UN .
So it would be not for any covert operations.

Remember Kanisha bombing ?

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
But this doesn't means that all Sikhs are unreliable and untrustworthy who are staying out of India .
Off course not. I was saying Canada,US,UK have many of em

sorcerer

Country flag
The broader picture is:
One of the reason GOI is taking such a tough stance is to give the bit of dignity to the NRI's in foreign lands, so that they can have a fair existance in those lands.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
The broader picture is:
One of the reason GOI is taking such a tough stance is to give the bit of dignity to the NRI's in foreign lands, so that they can have a fair existance in those lands.

How about the plight of abused maids by consular officials since this appears to be not the first time? Does the GOI not have a policy of protecting them? And how about polishing the image of India as a country of law-abiding diplomats, does it not matter to the GOI, instead of status conscious social climbers that want the good life in New York but does not have the pocket to actually pay for it?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
It is a Sikh Group and not ALL Sikhs.

They (the said Sikh Group) are but Khalistanis and so it should not matter to man or beast.

Last edited:

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag
How about the plight of abused maids by consular officials since this appears to be not the first time? Does the GOI not have a policy of protecting them? And how about polishing the image of India as a country of law-abiding diplomats, does it not matter to the GOI, instead of status conscious social climbers that want the good life in New York but does not have the pocket to actually pay for it?
Broken record

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I recommend that you just take it easy and not even appear busy.

You have no idea of international conventions nor have the acumen to understand simple English of the Article of the Geneva Convention on Consular Staff.

Therefore, your contribution to this matter is a mere waste of bandwidth.

One may remind you that the US departments are trying to find the lapses in their action.

I take it that they, the US, would know more on the issue, their law and international conventions than you inspite of your vociferous and strident rooting for the US attorney Bharare and his cahoots and other wannabe Americans.

Here it is for you to note:

WASHINGTON: India's unusual tough stand on the arrest of its diplomat Devyani Khobragade has forced the US to initiate an "inter-agency review" to look into the lapses that happened in the high-profile case that triggered an uproar in India and strained bilateral ties.

The US departments involved in the review include the National Security Council of the White House, the State Department and the Justice Department......

"An inter-agency review is going on right now to look into the lapses that happened in the case," sources said.

In a tacit acknowledgement of the fact that there was a "judgemental error" in handling this case, sources said the inter-agency team led by the State Department is "working 24X7" to get it resolved as quickly as possible.

Now that the matter has landed up in the judiciary, a lot depends on the judges too - for which the Department of Justice and the Southern District of New York is being actively engaged.

It is believed that the Department of Defense has expressed its displeasure over the manner in which the entire issue was handled.

At a time, when the Pentagon is busy reviewing its policy towards Asia Pacific region wherein India fits as a major player in its scheme of things and is eyeing to have a large pie in the modernisation programme of the Indian armed forces, the last thing it would like to see is any strain in its ties with New Delhi, officials said.....

Devyani Khobragade case: Strong Indian response shocks US officials - Times Of India

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
You see that's why I said to ban emigration of Sikhs from India, to stop Khalistani supporters and brain drain in same time. You did not listen. @Ray you see it?;);)

No matter they are now American and they are trying to take revenge about 1984 on India, using US as their medium. They are very busy to prove they are American. And for PIO Sikhs, they have extra cause to hate India, which I said it proved.:cool2::cool2:

http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/americas/56922-indian-diplomat-arrested-handcuffed-us-visa-fraud-77.html#post832355

@atheisthindu yes you are right.:thumb::thumb:
Blackwater is a Sikh in the UK.

Note what he has to say.

khalistani supporters properties/LAND back in India especially in Punjab and Delhi should be confiscated by GOI. and they should be banned from travelling to India.
Therefore are you justified in your sweeping statement on emigration of Sikhs?

Last edited by a moderator:

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I recommend that you just take it easy and not even appear busy.

You have no idea of international conventions nor have the acumen to understand simple English of the Article of the Geneva Convention on Consular Staff.

Therefore, your contribution to this matter is a mere waste of bandwidth.

One may remind you that the US departments are trying to find the lapses in their action.

I take it that they, the US, would know more on the issue, their law and international conventions than you inspite of your vociferous and strident rooting for the US attorney Bharare and his cahoots and other wannabe Americans.

Here it is for you to note:

Ah, the much celebrated I patted myself in the back article... Maybe it's too early what this inter-agency will come up with for you to pat your back? Anyway, I think I have an idea on some of their findings: 1. The Justice Department should have warned the State Department sooner of the impending arrest; 2. The NY POlice should not have strip searched the Indian diplomat so as not to offend Indian very sensitive sensibilities (Indian high ranking officials are used to "special privileges" and the Indian population accepts that as a fact of life); and 3. Special care should be taken to maintain the special relationship with India, including special privileges to lower ranking Indian diplomats in US soil. That despite these findings the case must continue against Ms. Khobragade since there appears to be a strong case against her.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
L'affaire Kaniksha was the handiwork of Khalisthanis.

It is the Canadian court and the investigators who did a shoddy work wherein the perpetrators went scot free.

The blame is entirely of the Canadians who failed to prosecute an open and shut case, for obviously political reasons.

Therefore, it is rather unfair and naive to blame the whole community of Sikhs.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Ah, the much celebrated I patted myself in the back article... Maybe it's too early what this inter-agency will come up with for you to pat your back? Anyway, I think I have an idea on some of their findings: 1. The Justice Department should have warned the State Department sooner of the impending arrest; 2. The NY POlice should not have strip searched the Indian diplomat so as not to offend Indian very sensitive sensibilities (Indian high ranking officials are used to "special privileges" and the Indian population accepts that as a fact of life); and 3. Special care should be taken to maintain the special relationship with India, including special privileges to lower ranking Indian diplomats in US soil. That despite these findings the case must continue against Ms. Khobragade since there appears to be a strong case against her.
I would rather feel that the US prefers to look at a gift horse in the teeth with the slight difference - they check that the teeth are made of gold!

In other words, they go to the end of the rainbow to seek the pot of gold.

There is nothing called a free lunch to quote the US idiom! ;)

They are now realising their indigestion over too many lunches that they thought were free.

Last edited:

Waffen SS

@Blackwater and @Ray still I cant understand why some Sikhs say they are tortured in India? to get "asylum" quickly? Where is there patriotism then? Is it good for India's image in those countries?

Why Sikhs cant follow how Hindu Indians try to get citizenship of West? Hindu Indians stay many years in West to accept accepting their Nationality generally Why some Sikhs make excuse that they are tortured here? At least Hindu Indians dont spread lies that they are tortured in India like some Sikhs to get citizenship of West quickly.

I am not blaming whole community but no doubt entire Sikh diaspora is for Khalistan or atleast they are indirectly promoting an image abroad that Sikhs are tortured here, is it good? Is it not indirect support to Khalistan?

Khalistanis are Sikhs and they came from Sikh community, so sikh community abroad is not Ganga Jal completely.

I hate and condemn this strategy of some Sikhs to say Sikhs are tortured here in India so that Sikhs can get West's citizenship quickly.:tsk::tsk:

The only strategy in West that would be activity of Christian Missionaries so those Sikhs in West adopt Christianity and Christianity has nothing to with Khalistan.

:india::india:

So Christian Missionary activity in West among Sikhs should be increased and in Punjab they should be expelled.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Why Sikhs cant follow how Hindu Indians try to get citizenship of West?
What makes you believe that all HIndu Indians are holier than thou in matters of false declaration to ensure being accepted to be citizens of western countries?

Have you not heard of the illegal and contrived marriages to ensure citizenship of such nations?

kabutarbazi is applicable to all!

sorcerer

Country flag
1)
US is still trying to figure out if the Maid was abused or the maid abused the Legal system of US for getting US citizenship.

GOI has quiet a lot of interest to protect , be it the maid or the Diplomat of other NRI's. The maid already has a case in Indian Jurisdiction loooooooooooong before this incident happened.

Ps: You should start reading lots of prior episodes on this.
As you read various online articles it looks as if US hasnt got it right on human rights. Whats left is an angry pentagon, a goofed up Bharara and confused US State Department and a defunct PR machinery, which puffed and stopped.

2)Various missions across the globe finds it difficult to even sustain an office in US by stipulated laws. Its a very widely known fact from beginning. Arent there other missions doing it, even from including the country you represent. So, these domestic workers are payed according to set and signed contract before even they embark on the flight to Big Apple a.k.a NY.
Is US paying its mission staff according to the US Standards in foreign lands? Nooo..They are not.

C'mon, all these facts are reported all over in news papers from every perspective. About the maide, her big escape, the scandalous way in which US Embassy violated the rules of a soverign nation to ship out the family of the maid by ignoring law of the land.
If you havent read it by now, you are missing a large chunk of information on this episode.

Its not GOI, its the US who has got lots to answer and "polishing the image" in front of the world and get its DOUBLE STANDARDS standadized so that they won't get the foot in the mouth syndrome, again.

Missions from most countries are paying their domestic workers according to the contract set forth between the employee and employer, not necessarliy that set by the US on its soil. Its a practice, acknowledged and even many of the missions are not denying that fact. Cuz if US starts to enforce its laws of the land on missions, then they are stirring up lots and lots of "broader relationships" with developing and developed countries.

Such arrangements are a "Friendly Understanding" between nations.

But..The question is..why did US stirr up this particular "broader relationship" in this case?

Whats the motive? Who is getting benefitted? Is it Bharara's racist card for his political milege to portray himself to be more "Americanised"? (He gave quiet a huge surprise to the white house for the Christmas season with his speech!!, contrasting what the US Statedepartment pouted in a press conference. It was lovely!!! :laugh:)

sorcerer

Country flag
GOI has notified the US that she did have special privileges till 31st December 2013. Indian population reads news paper and tries to understand things from various perspective on privileges.

Well, US has accepted the fact that they did a mistake and they know they should start an investigation but seems like you still havent docked your ship of facts.

Deccani

Tihar Jail
Banned
L'affaire Kaniksha was the handiwork of Khalisthanis.

It is the Canadian court and the investigators who did a shoddy work wherein the perpetrators went scot free.

The blame is entirely of the Canadians who failed to prosecute an open and shut case, for obviously political reasons.

Therefore, it is rather unfair and naive to blame the whole community of Sikhs.
But who were funding and arming those khalistanis ?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles