US Assessment - Pakistan government unaware of Bin Laden's Location

Country flag
Re: US Assessment - Pakistan government unaware of Bin Laden's Locatio

For almost a decade Musharraf has been denying this

CNN.com - Pakistan's Musharraf: Bin Laden probably dead - January 18, 2002

Pakistan's Musharraf: Bin Laden probably dead

"I think now, frankly, he is dead for the reason he is a ... kidney patient," Gen. Pervez Musharraf said on Friday in an interview with CNN.

Musharraf said Pakistan knew bin Laden took two dialysis machines into Afghanistan. "One was specifically for his own personal use," he said.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag

We are not deluding ourselves when the Pakistani investigation, US investigation and almost every single official statement out of Pakistan and the US support the argument that there was no Pakistani institutional complicity in hiding OBL. We are only 'deluding ourselves' if we continue to cling to claims of Pakistani complicity despite the complete lack of evidence supporting said claims.

Theoretically the side being informed about an operation could tip off the target of the operation after receiving the information about the target - they would not necessarily know the location or identity of the target until they obtained that information from the side conducting the military operation.
Links to the officials preferably right up to the sec of state or the prez himself. The US has used the blow hot and blow cold strategy for some time.

You can continue to deny the duplicity. Indians are used to hearing denials from Pak over terror.

blank_quest

Country flag

Pakistan never do any thing. They never did anything.They will never do anything. They are not doing anything---->What did Pakistan ever did ?

Agnostic Muslim

Pakistan never do any thing. They never did anything.They will never do anything. They are not doing anything---->What did Pakistan ever did ?
Who said 'never'? This thread is specifically about the US assessment exonerating Pakistan from any institutional complicity in sheltering OBL.

Agnostic Muslim

Links to the officials preferably right up to the sec of state or the prez himself. The US has used the blow hot and blow cold strategy for some time.
Panetta:
"I don't have any hard evidence, so I can't say it for a fact. There's nothing that proves the case. But as I said, my personal view is that somebody somewhere probably had that knowledge," Panetta says.
Panetta on bin Laden's hideout: Someone had to know - CBS News

and:
Clinton:
"We have never been able to prove that anyone at the upper levels knew that," the US Secretary of State said.

"When I first went to Pakistan as Secretary in 2009 that I found it impossible to believe that somebody in their government didn't know where he was, and I still believe that. That he took up residence and built this huge compound in a military garrison town," Clinton said.

"But to be fair, we have no evidence."

"I have no reason to believe that the civilian government knew anything," she said before adding that the answer perhaps lay with lower level military and intelligence officials. "So who was in what level of responsibility in the military or the ISI, whether they were active or retired, because we do know that there are links to retired members, but we've never been able to close that loop," the Secretary of State said.

Not in US interests to cut off relations with Pakistan: Clinton – The Express Tribune
You can continue to deny the duplicity. Indians are used to hearing denials from Pak over terror.
It is not about what you believe to be 'duplicity' or 'denials', but the clear facts that there is simply no evidence supporting allegations of institutional Pakistani complicity in sheltering OBL.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

Pakistan was aware of Bin Laden's location.

If they claim that they did not know, then the Pak FS and Mil Intelligence is totally incompetent wherein they are unaware of who lives in a Cantonment. Given the ISI's prowess that would be real difficult to believe.

If they did not know then why have they jailed the doctor who gave the US the information on Bin Laden being in Abbotabad and running a case for treason?

Why is the Pak Govt taking it to be a legal case in the first place?

And how is it treason?

Country flag

ISI colonel provided vital help in locating Osama: US author | DAWN.COM

In a never-before-reported account, Pakistan was more involved in the bin Laden operation than Obama's team admitted.

he former reporter with "The Wall Street Journal" and "The Washington Post" wrote in his book that Pakistan army chief General Ashfaq Pervez Kayani may have been briefed by the US on its operation to kill Osama bin Laden in December 2010, some five months in advance and that along with getting a tacit consent, a cover story had been developed with the Pakistani military.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag

WASHINGTON: The commander of US Special Operations Command has said that a post-raid assessment concluded there is no evidence that the Pakistani government knew the whereabouts of al Qaeda chief Osama bin Laden, who was eliminated in an operation in May 2011.
Navy Adm William H McRaven told attendees at a Summit that Pakistan wasn't informed of the raid that led to the death of bin Laden.
he is making fun of Pakistani military, (PAF, PA, PN and ISI). :rofl:

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag

Documentary / Movie of OBL Operation!

Must watch, however this documentary is in the form of a movie which makes is even more interesting!

Seal Team 6: The Raid on Osama Bin Laden

Research by NatGeo......pakistan in cross-hair!

[video]http://skylo.me/vv.php?Id=7a42d04dbcdcccece898bfbc2bb6d326[/video]

Energon

DFI stars
Ambassador
Country flag

Truth be told this obsession with Pakistan has to stop soon because it isn't really helping anyone.

Honestly it doesn't even matter at this point. Nobody doubts the fact that OBL was supported by a network of some sort, however whether these people were members of the civilian government, military/ISI, ex military, non state actors who do the ISI's bidding or someone else is pretty irrelevant at this point. I think people need to realize that other than the theatrical aspect, the OBL story really has nothing more to offer. The intelligence community knew that OBL was holed up in Pakistan, they tracked him found him and killed him. They disregarded Pakistan's sovereignty in doing so because they knew the mission would otherwise be compromised and there would be no due process, and nor would it be of any value. Either way they put two in his head and chucked his carcass into the sea; and that is pretty much the end.

In the big picture the real problem isn't that OBL was living in Pakistan but rather the fact that the whole country is an unmitigated disaster. There's virtually no law and order, adolescent girls get shot in the head for wanting to go to school, the economy is in shambles, the social fabric is riddled with rents, the government is pathetic, there are no real institutions and innocent people have to live in constant anxiety of either dying in a bomb blast at the local market of being bombed by drones at home. This is the real problem. It would be more constructive to move forward and resolve some of these more pressing issues instead of harping over the past.

Blackwater

since when pak govt knows anything or everything ???, its always army/ISI, who knows and do everything in this banana country.

mama osama was in ISI shelter . mama osama was blank cheque for ISI / PAK ARMY.

Nara tha."" Jab tak ha osama me jaan, Ameerica ke $$$$ maherbaan""

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles