Uri movie trailer---leftists claim it is 'toxic hypernationalism'

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag
:pound:
Good movie, saw it today.

What's up with paresh rawal (ajit doval) breaking his cellphone after every call :pound:
Kuchh jyada hi seriously lenliye security ko!!!:bounce:

This is the result of penny pinching and not getting a real pro as an advisor. There are plenty other problems with the movie .

A senior agent who briefs PM and NSA acting as undercover security for an Army family inside a cantonement area.

Instead of pro interragators, valuable time being wasted by flying in two people from New Delhi.

Grouping of shots of the Para SF major being too wide in the pistol range.

Dragunov without suppressor shown as the standard sniper rifle. Even in a scene, sentries were taken down with shots from a very close range with Dragunov without suppressor.

The chopper could not be used during infiltration due to alert Pak AD, but suddenly came back for a surprise attack on Pak chopper even when Pak AD is on even higher alert. Yet, it did not pick up any of the team when the original team was coming on the same chopper.

A highly sensitive op with time constrain being planned by a Para SF major where he picks unknown quality of Ghatak commandos instead of his Para SF team.

The Alpha team hit its target after all tye team has already begun their op, yet when Alpha team is hitting on 2nd target, there is no alertness in the launchpad.

Worst of all, the absense of suppressor in almost every weapon that were used by the teams.

Yes, these are some of the holes I have noticed. But, still the movie is much more mature and only if they had bothered to get some pro advice from real experts, the movie could have been even better accuracywise.

However, most people wont care for these.

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag
wow ,I don't get it what's wrong with Indians ,is it underworld hangover ,khan secularism but the fucking crappy movies of these khan's which have no acting whatsoever barring Aamir khan ( which I believe has more to do with movie script than his acting ) collects 25-30 crore on opening day and here is Uri way better story and acting collects only 8.20 crore first day.
The movies of Salman khan are utter crap ,the guy is dumb short have the cases of outright murder ,women violence and abusing ,also that illegal hunting with asking his gf to dance infront of underworld ,why do people like him? even with such crappy movies dumb brain ,utter cowardice during hit and RUN and a bloated physique manufactured in gym ,I mean you should see his early images ,guy was skinny as fuck and then bloated away in gym.
That's such a low collection for such a good movie.
The Khans have its own loyal fan base and a good no. of them wont come for anything pro-India. You undestand who they are. There are also the elite class of leftist liberandus who politically has taken a stance against this film. Some has been dissuaded by so called critics and will watch it once the craze sets in by word of mouth.

Also, APM also has been released on the same date and scored viewers from almost same target group.

Further, Petta has been released which must have impacted in South Indian market as well as overseas market.

In a different note.

I was cribbing why both ADM and Uri was released on the same date as they would cannibilise the revenue. However, on a secong thought I guess these two films release date would serve a better purpose, as these 2 movies wilo be available on streaming platforms by end of March and even reluctant viewers that did not watch the movies coz of the reviews or other reasons would watch them at the leisure of their homes. The purpose will be served then.

captscooby81

Country flag
Just came back from watching APM ..Have to say housefull for late night 11 pm show ..but being first day i will discount it as huge interest ..But when every rahul is shown people shouting pappu and when in the end scenes when modi campaign clips are shown i can literally 100 people shouting and cheering in theatre .being southindian i had seen people cheer like this only in Rajnikanth movies back in my school days .hope this movie serves little purpose as the youngsters who are totally disconnected from the deep politics of delhi might get their first hand taste how UPA actually functioned and what events led to BJP victory in 2014 ...Next stop URI ..

The Khans have its own loyal fan base and a good no. of them wont come for anything pro-India. You undestand who they are. There are also the elite class of leftist liberandus who politically has taken a stance against this film. Some has been dissuaded by so called critics and will watch it once the craze sets in by word of mouth.

Also, APM also has been released on the same date and scored viewers from almost same target group.

Further, Petta has been released which must have impacted in South Indian market as well as overseas market.

In a different note.

I was cribbing why both ADM and Uri was released on the same date as they would cannibilise the revenue. However, on a secong thought I guess these two films release date would serve a better purpose, as these 2 movies wilo be available on streaming platforms by end of March and even reluctant viewers that did not watch the movies coz of the reviews or other reasons would watch them at the leisure of their homes. The purpose will be served then.

Haldiram

Country flag

12arya

Country flag
https://www.indiatoday.in/movies/bo...ky-kaushal-film-is-on-fire-1430253-2019-01-14

Uri The Surgical Strike box office collection Day 3: Vicky Kaushal film is on fire
Uri: The Surgical Strike, starring Vicky Kaushal, Yami Gautam, Paresh Rawal and Kirti Kulhari, is unstoppable at the box office.
UPDATED: January 14, 2019 10:09 IST

Vicky Kaushal's Uri: The Surgical Strike is unstoppable at the box office.

The first big release of 2019 is slowly and steadily turning out to be a winner at the box office. Vicky Kaushal's Uri: The Surgical Strike is setting the cash registers ringing, and how! Based on the surgical strikes carried out by the Indian Army on seven terrorist launchpads across the Line of Control on September 29, 2016, in retaliation to a terrorist attack on an army camp at Uri earlier that month, the film has struck the right chord with the audience.

And box-office numbers are a proof of it. After earning Rs 8.20 crore on its opening day, the film made around Rs 12.43 crore on Saturday, taking the total collection to Rs 20.63 crore in two days. According to early estimates, Sunday was no less as the film reportedly made Rs 17 crore (approx), thus taking the total to Rs 37.63 crore.

Uri: The Surgical Strike features Vicky Kaushal, Yami Gautam, Mohit Raina and Paresh Rawal in pivotal roles. Critics were particularly impressed by Vicky's nuanced performance.

With the 2019 Lok Sabha polls around the corner, there have been allegations that Uri: The Surgical Strike is an attempt to make the ruling party look good. However, Vicky firmly denied this. In an interview with IANS, he said, "Aditya Dhar, the director and writer of the film, is very passionate about army, and he has made this film as a tribute to the army and nobody else."

Uri: The Surgical Strike has already overtaken the other Bollywood release this week, Vijay Ratnakar Gutte's The Accidental Prime Minister, which features Anupam Kher and Akshaye Khanna in the lead roles.

Anathema

Country flag
Folks,
Finally watched the movie on saturday. What a movie !!!! Amazing , amazing. Its first for indian cinema. I always held lakshya as the indian benchmark for war movie. URI has surpassed that beyond and some. Baring some cinematic liberties, its perfect. No unnecessary shirt ripping bashing, to the point and brilliant. All the keyboard commandos should chew their tongue out on necessarily criticizing the movie. Jeez some of you folks pull it down unnecessarily. Uniform of soldiers has been paid very close attention, so has been equipment...please take everyone along. This movie should rake in money. Liberandus should be purchasing burnol. I am going for 2nd time, whos with me ?

captscooby81

Country flag
Looks like even Veterans like the movie apart from few over exaggerations the movie shown ..
Former COAS views . Though we may say our Army don't need movies to glorify their valour .Today in this Generation i think we need movies like these to even make youth realise what kind of sacrifices are made to save this nation day and night ..URI i would say is a very good First step in the right direction

URI.jpg

Last edited:

vampyrbladez

Country flag
Trigger warning:
I am new to the box office collection / hit-flop thing , although Uri is a hit, but a hypothetical movie like Simba with a rating of 6.6 on IMDb crosses 50crore in 3 days and 100 crores in 5 days ,bullshit movie like sultan with no plot no acting whatsoever ( Salman can't act for shit) has supposedly minted 29 crore on the opening day itself but a movie with a rating of 9.4 ,superb acting ,plot ,pride,patriotism, realistic action for the first time ever in crapwood,great word of mouth still only got 35 crores till day 3 . Simba got a better start and better followup than URI.
Would anyone explain to me WHY??
A lot of leftist media gave very low rating to the movie ,I remember a couple of them like Indian express giving only 1.5 stars to it ,Toilet paper of India was touted as neutral it gave 3-3.5 stars, I don't even want to talk about wire ,cunt and scroll , nearly all media gave such reviews ,but public reviews tell altogether a different story ,Did this affect the box office numbers or what?
Is it the khan ,Kapoor factor ?
I don't even understand how these Khan's became so popular, I mean watch their videos of 90s guys can't act for shit it's embarrassing to watch ,look malnourished with weird hair ,how the fuck do they become so famous ,is it the underworld?
One thing that you can't deny is that Muslims suddenly increased in film industry in 90s producers,directors ,writers etc you name it ,they entered at every level and ofcourse a huge swelling in muzzie actors,there number just swell and now B-wood or D-wood as I like to call it is essentially a muzzie infected industry, It needs a serious purge.
I am very UNHAPPY with the numbers.

This movie doesn't even say BHARAT MATA KI JAI or VANDE MATRAM only jai hind to appease muzzies and their secular Hindu friends.
Literally nothing against pisslam is shown even 72 hoors dialogue got removed ,no kashmir conflict shown in broader sense ,even pakistani army is shown in good light for paki lovers ,yet this got such treatment.
What has happened to our people ,we seriously need a change in education , specially history and moral education and this bloody D- wood (Bollywood)needs a purge .
This movie needs to cross1000 crore like bahubali.

One enemy at a time. As a new awakening takes place, we shall maul these traitors to the dark ages. Already this year Khan movies flopped. Despite attempts to sink Uri and TAPM, both films are doing extremely well with positive word of mouth, election season excitement, excellent performance are impressing and sweeping the box office.

Here is review of whore news channel NDTV

Uri: The Surgical Strike Movie Review - Without Vicky Kaushal, The Film Would Be A Complete Washout

Now see them changing their tone

Uri: The Surgical Strike Box Office Collection Day 3 - Vicky Kaushal's Film Is First Hit Of 2019, Collects Rs. 35 Crore

Uri is expected to maintain "super-strong grip on weekdays"

When the day of reckoning for these feckless fools comes, show them no quarter. Till then financial boycott and no social acceptance must be given to them.

"YATO DHARMA TATO JAYA!"

Anathema

Country flag
Trigger warning:
I am new to the box office collection / hit-flop thing , although Uri is a hit, but a hypothetical movie like Simba with a rating of 6.6 on IMDb crosses 50crore in 3 days and 100 crores in 5 days ,bullshit movie like sultan with no plot no acting whatsoever ( Salman can't act for shit) has supposedly minted 29 crore on the opening day itself but a movie with a rating of 9.4 ,superb acting ,plot ,pride,patriotism, realistic action for the first time ever in crapwood,great word of mouth still only got 35 crores till day 3 . Simba got a better start and better followup than URI.
Would anyone explain to me WHY??
A lot of leftist media gave very low rating to the movie ,I remember a couple of them like Indian express giving only 1.5 stars to it ,Toilet paper of India was touted as neutral it gave 3-3.5 stars, I don't even want to talk about wire ,cunt and scroll , nearly all media gave such reviews ,but public reviews tell altogether a different story ,Did this affect the box office numbers or what?
Is it the khan ,Kapoor factor ?
I don't even understand how these Khan's became so popular, I mean watch their videos of 90s guys can't act for shit it's embarrassing to watch ,look malnourished with weird hair ,how the fuck do they become so famous ,is it the underworld?
One thing that you can't deny is that Muslims suddenly increased in film industry in 90s producers,directors ,writers etc you name it ,they entered at every level and ofcourse a huge swelling in muzzie actors,there number just swell and now B-wood or D-wood as I like to call it is essentially a muzzie infected industry, It needs a serious purge.
I am very UNHAPPY with the numbers.

This movie doesn't even say BHARAT MATA KI JAI or VANDE MATRAM only jai hind to appease muzzies and their secular Hindu friends.
Literally nothing against pisslam is shown even 72 hoors dialogue got removed ,no kashmir conflict shown in broader sense ,even pakistani army is shown in good light for paki lovers ,yet this got such treatment.
What has happened to our people ,we seriously need a change in education , specially history and moral education and this bloody D- wood (Bollywood)needs a purge .
This movie needs to cross1000 crore like bahubali.
I understand what you are saying. But one battle at a time. Lakshya was a flop - unbelievable but thats the way it is. Khans have a huge base , my wife including. So market is huge for them. Films like these are very restricted. Plus its competing with TAPM and Petta.. so that will affect. But i have strong belief that word of mouth will pull it through and make it smashing hit. At the end , producers have to earn considerable profit. I think it will achieve that goal

captscooby81

Country flag
URI has released at time in south where every state has one big hero movie released for sankarant or pongal festival . TN has Petta of Rajni which is dubbed into Telugu also . AP has movies of NTR,Venkatesh and Ram charan ..Plus Simbha released well in advance of the mad rush of movies. Uri is now getting less screens in hyd as most screens are for Telugu movies ..May be it will pick up slowly . Plus Uri is mostly released in Urban areas and less in Rural single screen theatres i believe which is where khan movies all make the moolah ..

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles