Uri movie trailer---leftists claim it is 'toxic hypernationalism'

Hari Sud

Country flag
Leftist wish that India should have lost big during the surgical strike and came back with a sad face. But it happened the other way round, India won big hence leftists are with a sad face.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Beautiful trailer.

I just wonder why can't we just ban communism and marxism in every form. Argentina was able to ban it, citing Che Guevara's terror way back in 70s.

We could always use Naxalites as an excuse and force the Election Commission to de-register Communist parties all across India and then declare the entire lot as terrorists.

This could also allow the police to arrest senior 'eminent scholars, journalists' etc on mere suspicion and also remove corrupt judges from the judiciary.
Precisely as a counter measure to this idea, communists asked for control over Indian education system in 70’s from Indira Gandhi.

Every time they feel threatened, they create counter narratives.

1) Christians under threat
2) Muslims under threat
3) Dalits under threat
4) freedom of speech under threat
5) universities under threat
6) secularism under threat

The list goes on and on, and these are from just 4 years.

They keep bowling bouncers, which we have no choice but to keep defending instead of carrying out with the program.

12arya

Country flag
i support the movie purely for the fcat that its making commies/mullahs burn like hell:bounce:
in one of rss fb kerala page, mullahs r experiencing slow death and abusing the movie like hell.
nothing makes me more happy than seein those human garbages go nuts, that too ovr a trailer.

Yggdrasil

Country flag
I vote for more toxic hyper-nationalism.

Plot suggestion for next movie: terrorists by the name of Sitaram Kesuri and Prakash Bharat are gunned down in Bastar for hatching a plot to kill India's Prime Minister. Journalists Gurkha Dutt and Sardeep Rajdesai and Ambalika Ghosh and #UrbanNaxal Vishnuchandra Gupha are captured while aiding and abetting the terrorists, Homeland-style.

Later it turns out there was some sordid love triangle between Dutt, Rajdesai and Ghosh and one of them betrayed their comrades...but who?

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
i support the movie purely for the fcat that its making commies/mullahs burn like hell:bounce:
in one of rss fb kerala page, mullahs r experiencing slow death and abusing the movie like hell.
nothing makes me more happy than seein those human garbages go nuts, that too ovr a trailer.
We have many such stories of past where we can make beautiful movies. That will educate our people about our bravery and burn commies and Mullahs and all anti national feeding on foreign money.

12arya

Country flag

Plot suggestion for next movie: terrorists by the name of Sitaram Kesuri and Prakash Bharat are gunned down in Bastar for hatching a plot to kill India's Prime Minister. Journalists Gurkha Dutt and Sardeep Rajdesai and Ambalika Ghosh and #UrbanNaxal Vishnuchandra Gupha are captured while aiding and abetting the terrorists, Homeland-style.

Later it turns out there was some sordid love triangle between Dutt, Rajdesai and Ghosh and one of them betrayed their comrades...but who?

:rofl:

.............................................................................................................................

12arya

Country flag
@vampyrbladez

upload_2018-12-10_13-29-9.png

already seen those images on net....very disturbin indeed. women nd kids suffer the most in case of wars.

i understand what u r sayin. but we live in the era of feminaziz whether we like it or not this sort of imagery will b added into movies.

again, as u said, there r many brave ladies in our military but what feminaziz want is a gender war which is what i too object. i believe women r gud at some things and men at som other things, with exceptions to very rule. if a woman qualifies into a fighting squad after undergoing same test that men goes thru, i will support that. what im against is diluting rules for women. thats not gender equality.
if a woman say she wants to go into combat then she shud fit the bill. no moaning abt female frndly toilets or weapons! u do what ur male counterparts do, thats it. otherwise, its hypocrisy. i will say this being a woman. https://economictimes.indiatimes.co...ssues-at-work-survey/articleshow/50887809.cms

this is what feminaziz, essentially anarchists (they r no gender equality fighters) dont want to accept. for them destroying evry societal institution is the mission. our media too fall into this idiocy foolishly and unknowingly propogate the anarchist msgs as the popular thought!

som of my "secular" frnds already call me right wing nut/rss female worker etc:confused1: for not beating around the bush!

Last edited:

vampyrbladez

Country flag
@vampyrbladez

View attachment 30055

already seen those images on net....very disturbin indeed. women nd kids suffer the most in case of wars.

i understand what u r sayin. but we live in the era of feminaziz whether we like it or not this sort of imagery will b added into movies.

again, as u said, there r many brave ladies in our military but what feminaziz want is a gender war which is what i too object. i believe women r gud at some things and men at som other things, with exceptions to very rule. if a woman qualifies into a fighting squad after undergoing same test that men goes thru, i will support that. what im against is diluting rules for women. thats not gender equality.
if a woman say she wants to go into combat then she shud fit the bill. no moaning abt female frndly toilets or weapons! u do what ur male counterparts do, thats it. otherwise, its hypocrisy. i will say this being a woman. https://economictimes.indiatimes.co...ssues-at-work-survey/articleshow/50887809.cms

this is what feminaziz, essentially anarchists (they r no gender equality fighters) dont want to accept. for them destroying evry societal institution is the mission. our media too fall into this idiocy foolishly and unknowingly propogate the anarchist msgs as the popular thought!

som of my "secular" frnds already call me right wing nut/rss female worker etc:confused1: for not beating around the bush!
Madam, ideally for war you need just top 8 - 10% of men as only they have the most physical and mental capacity for extended warfare.

Top 25% of women overlap with bottom 25% of men in terms of combat capacity. Even when training is factored in, evolutionary difference in strength, reaction time, unit cohesion and hierarchy of dominance is the core of any fighting unit.

This doesn't mean women have no part to play in war. Munitions manufacturing, civic responsibilities, local area defense, food security and even rear guard defense all fall to women. Idea is to free as many expendable bodies (Young Men ; 18 - 28) to throw at the enemy for minimum losses and maximum strategic gain.

12arya

Country flag
Even when training is factored in, evolutionary difference in strength, reaction time, unit cohesion and hierarchy of dominance is the core of any fighting unit.
see im not gud at explaining things but this is what i meant......

i said a woman who fits the bill....if the lady has the mental and physical capability being an exception, she shud b allowed in combat.

and how does the presence of a capable lady, affect unit cohesion if its a disciplined force! i don't get that. if the woman is capable she shud b allowed....thats what i believe. otherwise not.

what the feminaziz/commies/anarchists ask is for trainign dilution and rules for women which is suicide, esp in our situation....i disagree with that; that is not gender equality but hypocrisy.

Last edited:

12arya

Country flag
https://www.news18.com/news/movies/...arties-says-director-aditya-dhar-1963765.html

Made 'Uri' for Indian Army Not for Political Parties, Says Director Aditya Dhar

Based on the surgical strikes of 2016 carried out by the Indian Armed Forces, 'Uri' traces the significant event.

Director Aditya Dhar, who is gearing up for the release of his upcoming movie Uri, feels great that many political leaders have liked the trailer. However, he says that the film is made for the Indian Army and not for any political party.

"I never thought about it but it feels great to see such a good response. It is an amazing feeling. It is great that many political leaders have shared and liked the trailer on social media but I have made this film for Indian Army and not for any political party," Dhar said in a statement.

He added that this is the least "we could do as filmmakers for Indian Army."

On claims of a lot of Indian fans showing support, he added: "I am glad but I want people to come and watch the film and realise that how much our Indian Army sacrifice."

With much noise soon after the trailer was released, the tension between two rival nations (India and Pakistan) risen.

"People will come to know about the reality once our film will be out on January 11, 2019."

The film will see Vicky Kaushal playing the role of an Indian commando who is involved in the 2016 surgical strikes. It also stars Yami Gautam.

Based on the surgical strikes of 2016 carried out by the Indian Armed Forces, "Uri" traces the significant event.
It also features Kirti Kulhari and Paresh Rawal in lead roles. Produced by RSVP movies, "Uri" will hit the theatres on January 11, 2019.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag

I got stomachache by laughing.:tongue2::tongue2::tongue::tongue:

12arya

Country flag
‘Uri’ trailer: A saga of pride, courage and of protecting with fierce madness what is precious to us
India's surgical strike and the sentiment that 'Uri' captures tells the country - when the wolf is trying to get in, you don't stop cold and try to reason with the beast. You put it down if you want to keep your home safe.

Official trailer of 'Uri'

“When a wolf is trying to get in, you gotta stand in the doorway” – BB King

The trailer of the upcoming movie ‘Uri’ starring Vicky Kaushal and Paresh Rawal released on the 5th of December 2018. The movie is based on the 2016 surgical strike that was carried out by the Indian Army in response to the gruesome attack by Pakistan where 19 soldiers were martyred, in the wee hours of the morning.

I vividly remember the moments when we found out about Pakistan’s brazen, blood-soaked attack at the Uri base camp. It was reported that the men, our men, were unarmed. Sleeping or just about waking up on that fateful morning, while the rest of us lay in bed, safe and sound. Even as the details trickled in, my first instinct was to lash out at the government and ask them, what it is that they were doing to extract India’s pound of flesh.

In the hours after the dust settled, I spoke to several people in my horror and spoke at length, in shock, that India had not responded. The reactions I got were varied. Some said “these things take time”, while others simply shrugged and said, “when have we ever responded to our men being slaughtered by a terrorist nation”.

In those hours, oscillating between hope, that the government I voted for largely based on their internal and external security stand would act, eventually, and fear about whether I had overestimated the Prime Minister’s resolve, I was distraught. In hours of such threat, one tends to attempt and put oneself in that situation and imagine how they would react. For mothers, I think the first thought is to ask ourselves; what if it was me? My family? My house that was attacked by barbarians? What if it was my husband out there? What if it was my family that had been hurt.. or worse? The thought would fill me up with rage and all I would hope for, was the Prime Minister and his trusted confidantes would share the same emotion.

The fear, that several people tried hard to suppress perhaps stemmed from the fact that it happened in an army base. If the protectors aren’t safe, and if, when the protectors are attacked we sit with our hands tied, what would eventually become of people who these men protect? People like us? If Pakistan was able to break the barrier and murder the very people who keep me safe, how far are they from bleeding me? My family?

And then, on 29th September 2016, we extracted our pound of flesh. We bled the ones who killed our men. The army sent a message – if the wolves are trying to get it, we are standing in the doorway to hunt the wolves down so they never hurt the family again.

The ‘Uri’ trailer captures that emotion and how. Movies are a powerful medium to capture contemporary history and it rather unfortunate that movies, to date, have captured the intended Left narrative more than the truth on the ground. ‘Uri’ trailer shows the rage the fallen soldiers’ comrades must have felt and the third to avenge their brothers’ murder. It shows the deep love and sense of duty our men have, that enable them to put their lives on the line.

Above all, it shows us that the India we live in today has changed. Not the army. The army has always been a duty-bound force of protectors who would do what is necessary. But the political will to stand toe to toe and say “We are” has changed. We remember the revelations that the Indian Airforce was ready to avenge the brutal 26/11 terrorist attack but the then Congress government blocked the move. The ‘Uri’ movie communicates to the young Indian who might not truly be interested in following the news, that a force who will willing to die protecting us and our home, is a thing to proud of.

India’s surgical strike and the sentiment that ‘Uri’ captures tells the country – when the wolf is trying to get in, you don’t stop cold and try to reason with the beast. You put it down if you want to keep your home safe.

While the left might take pride in single-quoting ‘unarmed men were killed’, ‘Jai Hind’, ‘Naya Hindustan’, obfuscate shamelessly by calling Pakistan’s attack in Uri as ‘alleged’, and term taking pride in our men’s commitment to protect as ‘hyper-nationalism’, the movie looks promising, if for nothing else, then just to relive the moments when the DGMO called a press conference and told the world that we will not go quietly into the night.

As Welsh poet Dylan Thomas once eloquently wrote:

Do not go gentle into that good night. Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay, Rage, rage against the dying of the light. … Do not go gentle into that good night.

Last edited:

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
I googled it ,it's possible ,here is an excerpt
The ballistic characteristics of MEA series ammunition allows the user to fire at an underwater target from above the water, or an above-the-water target from underwater, or from underwater at a target which is also underwater. This ammunition allows the user to fire from above the surface into the water at a very low angle of incidence —in some cases as low as two degrees—without ricochet . After entering the water, the bullet will continue its original trajectory. The user when aiming the gun needs to compensate for the refractive index of the water (roughly 1.333 for fresh water at 20 °C).
Fires weapon under water...

My point is that. Yes you can fire a weapon under water, but accuracy and energy are impacted.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles