Urban decay to be replaced with farmland in Detroit

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Bankrupt and hemorrhaging population, the city of Detroit is banking on greener pastures to lead its rebirth.

A private company is snapping up 150 acres on the Motor City's East End -- property where more than 1,000 homes once formed a gritty neighborhood -- and turning it into what is being billed as the world's largest urban farm. Hantz Woodlands plans to start by planting trees, but hopes to raise crops and even livestock in the future, right in the midst of the once-proud city.
Urban decay to be replaced with farmland in Detroit | Fox News

nirranj

Country flag
Apart from Recent Financial crisis, what else did contributr to the intrinsic destruction of this city??

I heard about the lease program of the Automotive majors, wherein a person can lease a car (costing 30K $) for a amount as minimum as 240$. I heard the there are certain conditions during the lease period, such as cap on the total mileage of the car etc. But what struck me was, after a lease period of three years the person can buy the car or just move on with leasing another car. Now some simple calculations can reveal the problems this can pose to the Automobile manufacturer.

America is saturating. The real market for the Giant GM is in China where they sell more cars than the Combined North american markets. It is being rumoured that GM may move its HQ from Rencen to Shangai in long term...

Hope China gives the Americans some jobs!!

Global Defence

New threads

Articles