United States and India signed Naval fuel agreement

sasum

Atheist but not Communists.
Forget controlling trade India cannot stop Chinese submarines or building of Chinese
Ports for their string of pearls. This is aggression by an enemy navy that India has no response too. India is not anywhere close to controlling trade or preventing enemy naval operations in India's waters. It is we can't do this or that mentality that has invited
Enemies to India for millennium and gave them victories and empires. We didn't prepare then and let's not start now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My post was with reference to "teaming up" with the evil, imperialist US which perhaps has hegemonistic designs over India. I talked of acquiring own muscle rather than depending on US to fend off China. Even if Pak offers Karachi to China for setting up a naval base, we should keep US at arm's length.

garg_bharat

Country flag
Nothing happens without money and technical expertise. India can launch its own string of pearls if it has resources. Stopping Chinese Navy expansion is an unattainable goal.

The immediate goal should be to make island territory and continental coastline secure. I think a crash program to build more submarines, submarine hunting corvettes and mine-hunting ships should be top priority.

This along with buildup of infrastructure in A&N should be adequate.

If continental landmass is not secure, talking of engagement in the middle of Indian ocean is useless.

China wins not only on the strength of its navy but trade and finance. There will be plenty of countries in Africa that will be lured by China. So this competition is at a much bigger scale.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles