Undersea Nuclear Incident in South China Sea (21/11/19)

Assassin 2.0

Country flag
Tell me this isn't related...

22 November 2019

According to information from the Global Network for Environmental Monitoring, there was an increase of background radiation in connection with a radiation incident. RosPotrebnadzor increases monitoring of the radiation situation in the adjacent border areas. There is currently no threat to the population of the Russian Federation’, the statement said.

Today the Igor Belousov rescue ship left Vladivostok to carry long-distance sailing tasks. The crew of the rescue ship is set to take part in a joint Russian-Vietnamese training exercise aimed to help a grounded submarine.

https://siberiantimes.com/other/oth...sian-citizens-the-situation-is-under-control/
one silly question of mine.
if a nuclear sub goes down then nukes in it also will explod or not ?
and if yes then how bad it can become for living organisms?

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
one silly question of mine.
if a nuclear sub goes down then nukes in it also will explod or not ?
and if yes then how bad it can become for living organisms?
The hydrogen bomb will not go off from any accident. The ignition cap which registers in the kt range can. NATO never thinks it is possible as safety standards for this are clear, what the Chinese do no one knows.

jon88

Country flag
Tell me this isn't related...

22 November 2019

According to information from the Global Network for Environmental Monitoring, there was an increase of background radiation in connection with a radiation incident. RosPotrebnadzor increases monitoring of the radiation situation in the adjacent border areas. There is currently no threat to the population of the Russian Federation’, the statement said.

Today the Igor Belousov rescue ship left Vladivostok to carry long-distance sailing tasks. The crew of the rescue ship is set to take part in a joint Russian-Vietnamese training exercise aimed to help a grounded submarine.

https://siberiantimes.com/other/oth...sian-citizens-the-situation-is-under-control/
Looks like it is probably a Russian submarine, if indeed it sunk.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Looks like it is probably a Russian submarine, if indeed it sunk.
It very well could be, they have had many nuclear accidents as of late. It doesn't seem like a position they would usually operate. That is more the territory of China as their sub base is only a few hundred clicks away.

Last edited:

rockdog

Country flag

Global Defence

New threads

Articles