UN Vote on alleged war crimes by Sri Lankan Army and LTTE

UN vote on alleged war crimes by Sri Lankan Army and LTTE: What should India do?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Your demand for few of India to support any demand you make is unreasonable. While we condemn human rights violation, it does not necessarily have to be countered the way you say as you guys are more emotional more than anything else.
We are not asking you lot to support on any demand we make:frusty:. we are just asking the hypocritic Indian govt to act on what is right. Or you going to give, we dont give interfere in the Foreign affairs of the Nation :frusty: crap???

And stop contradicting yourself in the posts. Either you support the resolution or you dont. You said you dont want to vote for the SL and want to bring them to justice but now you are saying you want to vote for the same national interest crap. If not, what are you arguing about here?

Yes there are rules of engagement whether you like it or not.
Whether you like it or not, they wont abide by it and will provoke us and we will have to fire on them. So much for the pawning game of yours.

Heard of carrot and stick? We can sink a boat of theirs and then donate one as well. Make sure they are on the boil.
So give a kick and a carrot as well. Thats what i said too remember:rolleyes:. We can vote against them and give them aid to Thier supposed improvement of the Tamils programme too:frusty:

Since you give US Pak scenario, the
US gets its job done one way or the other because of the leverage it has. Pakis hate them but fall in line.
Sri lanka is a country which is at our mercy, being surrounded by seas on all sides, which we control all the time. So if you cant force SL to do what you want, you cant take on china in this supposed Huge game plan of yours. So stop this :bs: about worrying about being a strategic counter weight to China- you are not just gutsy enough.

Kashmir analogy is totally off the mark.
I said by your logic by your own logic-which you say TN being responsible for the death of its citizens, by supporting the Tamils there. So i think it is a perfect analogy. And yeah by that logic, it can be taken that then we are justified to kill off the kashmiris for supporting jihad and say that had they not supported the Jihadists, then we would not have killed them as an excuse and blamed the killings on them. But we cant we?

Last edited:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
What is right in your eyes may not be for others. I have not hanged my stance. You are just going on and till yesterday didn't even know what was in the draft.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
What is right in your eyes may not be for others. I have not hanged my stance. You are just going on and till yesterday didn't even know what was in the draft.
And yeah whats right in my eyes may not be right in other eyes. So if i think i can abuse anyone and abuse everyone, then will you leave it as it is my view?

I have not changed my stance either. I knew enuff about the draft to support it as it is. My stance has always been vote against the lankan govt without any stupid bureacratic delay. That is all and i stand by it.

Its you who has been making contradicting stands here and there. Now should i quote you?

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
And yeah whats right in my eyes may not be right in other eyes. So if i think i can abuse anyone and abuse everyone, then will you leave it as it is my view?

I have not changed my stance either. I knew enuff about the draft to support it as it is. My stance has always been vote against the lankan govt without any stupid bureacratic delay. That is all and i stand by it.

Its you who has been making contradicting stands here and there. Now should i quote you?
The only thing you "knew" about the draft was that it was against SL.
I called your bluff there.

The draft is in no way punishing SL. At best it can be termed as a wrap on the knuckles.

And yeah please do point out my contradictory stance.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!

now tell me how will including LTTE have that affect when there are no LTTE in sri lanka ?

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
The only thing you "knew" about the draft was that it was against SL.
I called your bluff there.
Ya i knew it was against the SL. So i supported it. Its not calling the Bluff. I dint know the A-Z of it, just like you or any other member her Knew, know.

The draft is in no way punishing SL. At best it can be termed as a wrap on the knuckles.
Oh please, an UN resolution which explicitly says that the govt was involved in the attrocities is not good enuff for you?

And yeah please do point out my contradictory stance.
You say you want the vote to be agicnst the SL and yet still you say that the vote for the SL is due to coalition compulsions- What is the meaning of that word-coalition compulsions? Did you actually support the resolution or just trying to back the mob here?

Last edited:

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
now tell me how will including LTTE have that affect when there are no LTTE in sri lanka ?
No Trying to exclude the LTTE from the draft "now" would lead to delays, because India cant pull it off And it could have always given it as an excuse to abstain. So, Just support the damn resolution and get it over with.

And I thought LTTE was not included in the draft(since i dint know A-Z of it just like Yusuf bhai here, who dint know about it when he was voting)- so i thought of not delaying the draft by trying to include a dead organisation in the draft- which of course again, India cant pull it off. Got my point?

Tolaha

Do you still hold that the title was a mischief or have you changed your stance since?
Yes. Assuming that you are aware of what the vote is all about and that you have read my post that you have quoted, I would like to change my stance now. Mischievous wouldn't be correct, its more like clueless or uninformed. Congrats sir, you won!

A. Thank you.
B. One doesn't have to be a Tamil to feel sorry for those civilians killed. I am as pissed off with the SLA as anyone else with a heart. I am not Tamil either, and I suggested, earlier in this thread, to tighten the screws on Sri Lanka.
Glad that we are on the same page here!

That exactly is my point. Anyone responsible for deaths of civilians should be punished.

Why after? Even LTTE killed so many Tamils who were rivals to them in Sri Lanka, so that they could alone represent their ideology. Are you suggesting just because LTTE were Tamil, it is ok that they killed other Tamils, but if non-Tamils kill Tamils, they should be punished first? What kind of logic is this?
I too feel the same and our moral science teachers will be proud of us now! United Nations Human Rights Commission has been doing its investigation in Lanka for some time. While they have talked about atrocities on both side, all that their recommendations are about what needs to be done going forward. However, their recommendations wont be to the LTTE and I leave it to common sense to judge why it is so! And no, its not because LTTE are a bunch of angels!!

I have been repeating this many times over that I hate doing this. But what exactly do you want India to do. As in other areas of the report where LTTE is mentioned, you want India to ask LTTE's name to be included in the recommendations where it is missing currently? Recommend what to LTTE exactly!?

For the bolded part, nobody in the thread has come up with that logic yet. What has been said that this UN vote has got nothing to do with punishing LTTE! And no country would try to get in LTTE in the list of recommendations. Not because countries are immoral but simply because they are (usually) not senile.

Apparently, you don't care that Tamils were killed, all you care about is who the killers were. If you really cared about Tamil civilians killed, you would equally blame all those who were responsible for the deaths of Tamils, and not single out one party and prioritise them as first, second etc..
Probably nothing to do with prioritizing. Probably just to do with "whats the point" of it in this UN vote.

I have already said this, and also saying this - all guilty should be punished. It is NOT OK to punish those murderers that are non-Tamil and let go off those that are Tamils. That is bias.
The recommendations just ask the Lankan government to investigate and punish the guilty. What do you suggest then... that India needs to put its neck out and say something on the lines of "Let's not be biased. Add LTTE. Let LTTE too investigate and punish the guilty".

Of course. I don't understand why some people don't understand that LTTE eliminated a lot of Tamils in Sri Lanka from rival political parties, that too, in collaboration with the Sri Lankan government. At one point, both LTTE and Sri Lankan government were hand in glove involved in these massacres.
True.

Exactly. In case of a conflict with SL-PRC combine, TN will in the line of fire. My first interest is Indian Tamils, not Sri Lankan Tamils.
And true.

But I personally feel that Lankans will not repeat the 70s. They have suffered enough to realise that it would be suicide to act against India during times of war. Atleast not openly! But I'm afraid your idea of including LTTE in the recommendations, even if possible, wouldn't matter at all in the final equation.

Sri Lankan Navy personnel are not the only ones that have killed Indians.
Maybe a call from our PM.. ah... forget it.. maybe Admiral Verma reminding his Lankan counterpart about Newton's 3rd law and show a little demonstration of the same wouldn't be a too much to ask.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
No Trying to exclude the LTTE from the draft "now" would lead to delays, because India cant pull it off And it could have always given it as an excuse to abstain. So, Just support the damn resolution and get it over with.

And I thought LTTE was not included in the draft(since i dint know A-Z of it just like Yusuf bhai here, who dint know about it when he was voting)- so i thought of not delaying the draft by trying to include a dead organisation in the draft- which of course again, India cant pull it off. Got my point?
Haha. So now you say I didn't know anything when I first posted te summary for your refernce?

You are proving to be more than an idiot.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Ya i knew it was against the SL. So i supported it. Its not calling the Bluff. I dint know the A-Z of it, just like you or any other member her Knew, know.

Oh please, an UN resolution which explicitly says that the govt was involved in the attrocities is not good enuff for you?

You say you want the vote to be agicnst the SL and yet still you say that the vote for the SL is due to coalition compulsions- What is the meaning of that word-coalition compulsions? Did you actually support the resolution or just trying to back the mob here?
The draft "calls" on SL government to investigate the genocide. Where is SL being punished?

Don't come up with your interpretations. I still stand by not voting forthr resolution in its current form unless LTTE is included in it. No change in my stance.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Haha. So now you say I didn't know anything when I first posted te summary for your refernce?

You are proving to be more than an idiot.
Dont act smart, when you first commented on it, Did you know about the A-Z of the draft, if not. You are not any different from me.

The draft "calls" on SL government to investigate the genocide. Where is SL being punished?

Don't come up with your interpretations. I still stand by not voting forthr resolution in its current form unless LTTE is included in it. No change in my stance.
And that itself is more than enuff for me, as you lot cant have any guts to face them for your national interests any way

Just agree to disagree. I have not changed my stand neither have you(i suppose:confused:)

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Oh so I came to know about no mention of atteocities by LTTE just like that?

I am done with you. You are just an emotional fool who needs time to get a grip on himself. All the best.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Oh so I came to know about no mention of atteocities by LTTE just like that?

I am done with you. You are just an emotional fool who needs time to get a grip on himself. All the best.
WTF.. When did i support LTTE? its not about LTTE. Its about the Tamils there. And you are a nationalistic(in whatever twisted sense it is) ****. So I am through with you too.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
We need a new resolution in light of Lanka throwing the match against BD :rofl: sanction those aholes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles